Just a couple of questions

Forgive me if I sound thick I’m sure some will slate me as they do many but here goes

Question 1 just the otherday I had a warning come up on my dash it said drain Fuel filter. How do I do this ? Its a Daf 12tonner I can not remember model I think 155 or 165 ? Is this a normal warning ?

Question 2 my company has jolted to get a new fuel card its by Keyfyels. Now I like going to Shell to get my points so I now understand I can not go here no more so which are the main garages I can fill up with this card ?

Keyfuels is bp I think tescos , there might even be a phone app for this …

SYE-1:

I use the app on iPhone it’s pretty good! You can also use morrisons but every time I’ve turned up in my tanker they only let me put 50-60 litres in :confused:

Drain fuel filter is a workshop job mate.

i think morrisons take key fuels. but depending on your vehicle you may not get in.

Could it be that you have a water trap underneath the fuel filter and that’s what the msg is referring to ?

kr79:

Jobsworth!

Or H&S?
:unamused: :unamused: :wink: :wink:

Thanks for the replays, so how come morrisons don’t let you fill the tank ?

They want people to start panic buying :open_mouth:

dpt2011:

SYE-1:

I use the app on iPhone it’s pretty good! You can also use morrisons but every time I’ve turned up in my tanker they only let me put 50-60 litres in :confused:

we fill 7.5t ers up at morrisons and we can pump 100ltrs then the pump stops,so simpley replace nozzle in pump and start again no problems other than the queue behind getting impatient

Picked up a brand new fuel oil tanker from the manufacturer on trade plates once and as there was only an eggcup full of diesel in it had to use the nearest forecourt which happened to be Sainsburys - they went bananas :laughing:

Apparently they said tankers are not allowed on their pumps - when I’d convinced them that despite it being liveried up etc, but didn’t yet have number plates on they relented.

Theirs loads of places that take key fuels, your boss should have been sent a book telling you all the locations in the country. I know some BP, Morrisons, Harvest energy, total garages that take them. Just don’t leave it too late to fill up, it’s a real ■■■■■■ when you take your card in and they say they don’t take them when you are on refuel warning.

syramax:

dpt2011:

SYE-1:

we fill 7.5t ers up at morrisons and we can pump 100ltrs then the pump stops,so simpley replace nozzle in pump and start again no problems other than the queue behind getting impatient

It was Morrison’s in darlington that have tried to stop me twice from filling up, first time he told me I shouldn’t even be on the forecourt! It’s only and 18t rigid so I don’t really see a valid reason why I can’t fill it up! It was getting busy so I decided not to argue the toss with him.

Slackbladder:
your boss should have been sent a book telling you all the locations in the country.

he should! …but it wouldnt be the first time that ive pulled up at the pump only to find that the card has been changed. we work off the phone ie boss rings up " theres 2 palletts to collect from x to go to y at z o clock, turn up at depot and take whats available,the card is in the keyring.i now check to see what card is in and try and fill up locally before i set off (most of the lads leave vehicles full or thereabouts, but not all) i then use phone to google a site nr destination. i think we have probably had every card available at some point.personally i think the time and fuel used looking for a site to take the card if you havent got a siutable phone must outweigh the savings. but then again im not a rich man like the guy who makes these decisions,so im probably wrong :frowning:

Retired Old ■■■■:

kr79:

Jobsworth!

Or H&S?

Not in the slightest. I’ve had my own truck before and have only worked for smaller firms where in native is still appreciated.
But generally speaking most firms now days your lucky if your alowed to change a headlight bulb.

The thing to remember with Keyfuels is that not all BP,esso ,texaco etc take them so don’t assume that because one Texaco(for example) accepts then that they all do ,no shell garage will accept them and NO TESCO any more .All Morrisons will accept them as long as you can fit under the canopy .I have downloaded the sat nav app keyfuels.co.uk/OurNetwork/sa … loads.aspx which puts the locations into your POI’s and a natty little icon appears on the screen when you go past one

I spoke to the other driver and he said he has used Tesco for the last 2 weeks ■■

I went to Morrisons today but they don’t accept Miles points with the card, yet I heard Tesco does with there clubcard ?

I miss the Allstar card that I could use anywhere

Dont think you can use keyfuels at tesco anymore.

I miss the Allstar card that I could use anywhere

I used to have one ages ago when I worked midway between a Tesco and a Sainsbury in Basildon, never any aggro filling up at either with my 8 wheeler. There used to quite a few rigids that filled up at the Sainsburys in the morning. Morrisons at Maldon is always packed with Brooks Bros 18t curtainsiders and bin trucks so I’d not worry too much about using up the forecourts.

There’s an O/D with a low loader around here, he fills it up at Sainsburys in Chelmsford any takes the trailer when he does!

Retired Old ■■■■:

kr79:

Jobsworth!

Or H&S?

Its not the 70’s anymore…