John Owen,Aggregates,Dinnington

Looking for pictures of the early days of this local company,still working out of ex Butlers,Tarmac and now Hope Quarry at stainton.I will put a few of the newer ones on.
016.JPG
007.JPG
008.JPG

paul motyka:
Looking for pictures of the early days of this local company,still working out of ex Butlers,Tarmac and now Hope Quarry at stainton.I will put a few of the newer ones on.

Sorry ONLY 25 years ago!!! Should have photographed everything in the yard at the time, but never thought about until too late

Barry/Gloves

Thanks Barry,I remember seeing all these,looking for the F reg Foden with the U shaped body.

paul motyka:
Thanks Barry,I remember seeing all these,looking for the F reg Foden with the U shaped body.

Are we talking 8 wheelers with a ‘U’ shape body?

Do not have any photos of John Owen with such a body, but missed lots over the years. Have you the actual registration, in case I may have a copy in its later life and other another livery.

Barry/Gloves

Seeing the name Dinnington where Owens were based reminded me some years back there was a Dinnington just north of Newcastle they changed the name to Brunswick Village, The reason I was told was because the two names being the same were causing problems with the GPO Mail deliverys, But of course some oldies still refer to it as Dinnington, Regards Larry.

Hi Barry,yes it was a 8 wheeler but it’s that long ago I can’t remember reg no.

Hi Paul
The registration for the Foden u shaped neville body is TWW 257F i do have photos of the wagon plus 2 or 3 others

Hi Quarryman,thanks for that info I thought I knew I had seen it when going with the butlers drivers in the G reg S36 models that they had.
Any chance of you putting the pics on would love to see it again?A picture of the S36 & S39 models as well as the rest of the fleet about 1974?

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks to Quarryman for these pics.

This was taken at the Boiler House about 20yrs ago in the grounds of Westwood Hospital,Beverley.

The Foden I could not remember the reg no.

A couple of Foden mixers,do not remember seeing these in service.

paul motyka:

Found some more when putting away the latest 300+ photos!!!

Barry

Thanks to Kelvin Parker for this.
10516594_916715641713181_4185189565904006121_n.jpg

One or two here that I have found on the net.
John Owen Foden.jpg
John Owen DAF CF.jpg

Thanks for those Stanfield,i will have to go down to the quarry to see what Owens have these days.

paul motyka:
Thanks for those Stanfield,i will have to go down to the quarry to see what Owens have these days.

Amazing what you can find when putting the last lot of photos away (read 450 for the last year, not many for some though!!!)

Taken at a Foden Open Day held at Selby Fork by Pelican, when truck sales were good, 1989.

Note consecutive numbers

Barry

Nice pictures Gloves thanks for adding them to the site,cheers Paul.

Thanks to David Bloor for these.

J Owen & H Owen.

From the John Owen website.
11225440_10153116187905670_4548695338057561559_n.jpg