John Owen,Aggregates,Dinnington

Paul, I notice that Owen’s trucks have the wording ‘Customer Driven’ written on the cab, what exactly does that mean? Are they on hire or are the od’s on contract to Owen’s?

Pete.

windrush:
Paul, I notice that Owen’s trucks have the wording ‘Customer Driven’ written on the cab, what exactly does that mean? Are they on hire or are the od’s on contract to Owen’s?

Pete.

I would imagine O/D on contract Pete.In 1994 I think Chris & Leon Gill took over the company according to what I have read.
I have noticed O/D names on the lorries from earlier posts.Pity I don’t go in to the quarry since my mate Graham Beach passed away 4yrs ago I would have been able to chat to the drivers.Merry Xmas to you & your family Pete,stay safe.

paul motyka:
I would imagine O/D on contract Pete.In 1994 I think Chris & Leon Gill took over the company according to what I have read.
I have noticed O/D names on the lorries from earlier posts.Pity I don’t go in to the quarry since my mate Graham Beach passed away 4yrs ago I would have been able to chat to the drivers.Merry Xmas to you & your family Pete,stay safe.

Thank’s for that Paul and we hope that you and the family have a good Christmas as well. Keep finding those pics!

Pete.

Borrowed from Facebook.

I think you will find that it means whatever the customer wants the customer gets hence customer driven

SHYTOT:
I think you will find that it means whatever the customer wants the customer gets hence customer driven

You are probably right there as that is what my missus thought as well and women are never wrong are they! :unamused: :wink: I think that most of their stuff is supplied ex works and not done through the quarry companies.

Pete.

Borrowed from Facebook.
12642677_1550854888540086_7722489442462598273_n.jpg
12647275_1550854808540094_2163368606052158684_n.jpg

Bumped to first page to save Kelvin Parker scrolling through,looking for ERF pics.

paul motyka:

Just look at that lovely flat steering wheel! No traces of the dreaded boy-racer rake there! :smiley: Robert