John Nevill

2 paperback books have been published which were written by John Neville. I just happened upon them by chance. The writing style is as though he is sitting next to you an recounting his travels. I enjoyed them both, so thought I’d add their details here for anyone else who might be interested. Both are very reasonably priced.

Nomads (Paperback)
Publisher ‏ : ‎ Michael Terence Publishing (6 Sept. 2021)
Language ‏ : ‎ English
Paperback ‏ : ‎ 342 pages
ISBN-10 ‏ : ‎ 1800942087
ISBN-13 ‏ : ‎ 978-1800942080
Dimensions ‏ : ‎ 15.24 x 1.98 x 22.86 cm

Amazon link

Only Fools and Horsepower (Paperback)
Publisher ‏ : ‎ Michael Terence Publishing (5 Sept. 2020)
Language ‏ : ‎ English
Paperback ‏ : ‎ 230 pages
ISBN-10 ‏ : ‎ 1913653935
ISBN-13 ‏ : ‎ 978-1913653934

Amazon link

I had this picture sent to me yesterday,and what a great evocative picture it is too,NMP.

David

Wow, what fantastic detail on that drawing, from the discarded beer cans to the belly tank hose. He was some artist and caricaturist.

Its 11 years today since his premature death was announced. RIP Johnie

5thwheel:
0I had this drawing sent to me yesterday,and what a great evocative drawing it is too,NMP.

David

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a lorry picture of such quality, I honestly thought it was a photo! I even enlarged it and looked even closer before I was convinced.

I have ordered both his books,if the quality of the books are as good as his pictures,I’m in for a good read.

David

I have now read both books by John Nevill,extremely well written a feast of information for those who enjoy reading about long distance driving to the Middle East,all the trials and tribulations that had to be overcome,well recommended.

Available from Amazon in paperback or Kindle.

David

It is with regret that I have to announce the sudden death of Johnny Nevill. John was found dead in his cab in Southern Turkey on Friday 18th March. We are still waiting to hear from the Turkish authorities for the cause of death.
John had been a Middle East driver for many years and knew this route well.
He was working for East West transport, contracting to Astran when it happened, and will be missed by many friends he made over the years
As soon as anymore information becomes available, I will post here to keep it updated

R.I.P. JOHN YOU WILL BE MISSED GERRY

Such sad news. I never managed to contact John while writing The Long Haul Pioneers - more’s the pity - he would have been a worthy contributor.
Nevertheless, I can post these two photos, one of which is in the book. R.I.P John Nevill.

I will post this. I am sure no-one will mind in the circumstances.

RIP Johnny

Well thats a shock ,R.I.P John Nevill

Roger Haywood

Rest in peace johnny.

Rest in Peace Johnny. Your carricatures will live on.Jamie.

Very Sad news.
He died on the road, which is where he was in his element.
R.I.P. Johnny Neville.

GS

Astrankev:
It is with regret that I have to announce the sudden death of Johnny Nevill. John was found dead in his cab in Southern Turkey on Friday 18th March. We are still waiting to hear from the Turkish authorities for the cause of death.
John had been a Middle East driver for many years and knew this route well.
He was working for East West transport, contracting to Astran when it happened, and will be missed by many friends he made over the years
As soon as anymore information becomes available, I will post here to keep it updated

will be missed by all who knew him rip john godbless

Hi Guys
Here is a photo of Johnny at the old fort at Kaf, Saudi. We were en-route to Kuwait, just after the war finished.

GS

A big thanks to everyone for their kind words, john’s brother peter.

ive never met john, but thoughts to you and yours peter :frowning:

thank’s for all your comments and picture’s from his little brother alan. Rest in peace John

Thanks everyone for the kind words and photos.
R.I.P. John

Little Brother Dave