John.F.Hogan

Sorry to drag this one up from the depths of time, but I have been wondering for a while what happened to JFH, as all their trucks seemed to have disappeared from the road. The most noticeable one was obviously the longline cabbed Scania, and quite by chance this morning, a quick scan of Moody’s turned this up:

http://www.moodyinternational.co.uk/Sales/Details/115

So I’m guessing he’s packed up and sold out - do any of the Suffolk lot know?

Paulson:
Sorry to drag this one up from the depths of time, but I have been wondering for a while what happened to JFH, as all their trucks seemed to have disappeared from the road. The most noticeable one was obviously the longline cabbed Scania, and quite by chance this morning, a quick scan of Moody’s turned this up:

KER Transport from southampton have now bought that longline so he has 2 now :smiley:

That’s a really nice wagon bet that cost a fair bit

JOBE:

Paulson:

KER Transport from southampton have now bought that longline so he has 2 now :smiley:

Thanks Jobe. So has Mr H packed it in now then?

so ker transport has this ang the ex garry george 1 ? what happened to the 3rd longline that was about ■■

mark h:
so ker transport has this ang the ex garry george 1 ? what happened to the 3rd longline that was about ■■

Caffreys in Eire the last I heard.

What happened to the impounded stuff at alconbury?

Goaty:
What happened to the impounded stuff at alconbury?

Not heard about that. Whose vehicles would these be?

Really? You usually seem well informed…

Romantiek had a couple, iirc, impounded by customs, subsequently stored at alconbury airfield.

At least one of the t cab drawbars.

Wondered what happened to them?

Goaty:
Really? You usually seem well informed…

Romantiek had a couple, iirc, impounded by customs, subsequently stored at alconbury airfield.

At least one of the t cab drawbars.

Wondered what happened to them?

the three longlines in this country was Romantiek (white/blue), Simon Boone(green/white) and John F Hogan

Simon Boone packed up before taking delivery, so, it was resprayed in Romantiek colours

John Hogan had the brown/gold one, this was sold to Mick Moody who had it resprayed silver and sold it to Garry George from grendon, who sold it on after a while to KER from Southampton, now in blue/silver

the original Romantiek was eventually sold to Mick Moody, who had it resprayed silver and ran it himself for a while, and eventually sold it to Caffrey (sp) from Ireland

the green/white one which was impounded originally after Romantiek took it on, was eventually sprayed up in the blue/white that John Hogan had until recently, now in the ownership of KER from Southampton

i believe that the T Cab ridgids that you referred to are up in Scotland at Riddels

Tbh, I didn’t realise John had got rid of it. He was having it maintained at the same garage as me until I changed a few months ago.

As for the t cabs, often wondered what became of them.

I wonder is John.F.Hogan (Felixstowe) selling out his fleet at the moment, as his infamous Long Line Scania is sitting at Moody International (Grimsby) offered for sale.

Also McDevitt International (County Donegal, Ireland) has bought one of Hogan’s standard R580 4x2 units for continental fish work.

Perhaps someone would e-mail me/post up some photographs of Hogan’s Long Line or perhaps some of his standard fleet.

My last question - Is John Hogan Irish…? I remember some of his trucks running on Irish registrations and with his name, this has left me wondering.

Cheers in advance.

It ain’t.

10/12/08 @ Felixstowe

and it was next to me at the southgate at fxt on the 23rd. Moody’s did have a standard black and gold topline of his, but it wasn’t the longline, I think they had a black and silver topline there too.

Why was it in Moody’s yard in Grimsby all this week? When wagons are there it means - FOR SALE !

Please refer to my above post of which I stated the ‘standard’ black and gold R580 is now in County Donegal Ireland.

You didn’t state ‘black and gold’ in your first post for starters, you just said ‘standard’. If I saw it this tuesday, and today is saturday, can you explain to me how 3 days is ‘all week’ ?

My mistake indeed - I do apologize - this one in Moody International’s yard is a white Scania Longline that was originally imported into the UK by dealer Roy Humphreys.

It was also hauling containers out of Felixstowe - so again my mistake.

Apologies again.

Nothing listed on moody’s web site moodyinternational.co.uk/trucks_for_sale

As I know it’s only arrived and I guess with the holidays - they have’nt had the time to list it as yet.

will be intresting to see how much they want for it considering toulson’s topline t cab is up for £59,000…

ScaniaV8:
My mistake indeed - I do apologize - this one in Moody International’s yard is a white Scania Longline that was originally imported into the UK by dealer Roy Humphreys.

It was also hauling containers out of Felixstowe - so again my mistake.

Apologies again.

No probs. Was it this one ?

( pic courtesy of robv8, posted in earlier thread)

Used to be Simon Boon’s, but repainted in Romantiek BVBA colours.