John F Hogan

Me mate made a visit to JFH yard today and got me some pics :smiley:

Rob,

Is their yard next to the Routemaster building in Felixstowe?

The blue ones are in the ‘old’ livery, but all very nice.

Do Suffolk Traction Services share their yard? (The motors with SG Tarrant on them).

I got a couple of the r-series in the photos a couple of weeks ago.

sorry to say this but your wrong there 2 diffrent trucks look at the number plates :blush: :laughing: :laughing:

fozzie:
sorry to say this but your wrong there 2 diffrent trucks look at the number plates :blush: :laughing: :laughing:

Sorry, I didn’t mean the longline in the last 2 pics. I was referring to the r series you can just see on the left in the 1st photo, tho’ it might not be the exact same one as I think Hogan has a few in this livery now?

Another user posted a good one of the longline recently, here:

sorry :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

There were 2 R580s, the R580 Longline, T-Cab drawbar, 164L 580, 5 Volvos and the FH16 at the yard, no R620s yet :laughing:.

Me mate also went and looked for Simon Boons Longline, but his yard was empty, so either they got shut down or moved. Anyone seen his wagons around?

robv8:
Me mate also went and looked for Simon Boons Longline, but his yard was empty, so either they got shut down or moved. Anyone seen his wagons around?

Simon Boon was shut down by the ministry before Christmas. Don’t know the reasons why, so shan’t speculate.

But you can see pics of his longline at

http://www.adno.be/

click on the ‘gallery’ link and select from the list ‘Engelse Longline 3’ to see the pics. The other 2 are the JFH one and the BVBA one, which I saw on Thursday.

must be great rates pulling containers

S.G. Tarrant minus decals^^ :confused:

Any ideas who’s is the black and silver Scania at the end?

Interesting pics Rob.

Did I spot a Shaun the Sheep duvet in the Longline!!â– â– 

As far as the black & silver one goes, my best guess is that JFH did operate some all black scanias some time ago, on Belgium plates. These have since disappeared so I assume they became UK reg’d like the others. It might be one of those…I see an all black 580 with larger wheels often which I think might be JFH.

There is also an all black 580 with SG Tarrant on the front, and I assume that JFH has bought the Volvo that no longer has the name on the front. [edit] here’s a pic of that Black and silver Scania on your photo:

Out of interest if anyone works out of the docks, is SG Tarrant connected to the late Simon Tarrant who was remembered at the Crowfield show back in March? If so what is the story?

them scania’s in black and gold i’ve past them a few times in the last couple off weeks normally around the m1 by derby. they always have containers on the back, only spot them by the plates being in ittalic writing is it? :unamused:

I was puzzled about the thing hanging in the windscreen, today I found out that it’s a red indian thing called a dream catcher, which allegedly catches bad dreams like a spiders web, but lets good ones through! What a load of superstitous twaddle, no wonder they all got wiped out by the cowboys!!!

:smiley:

I wonder how much that cost to do , that scania customisation, unbelievable!! would be frightened to get it dirty!!!

. But I wonder how much it will be worth in 5 years time ? I bet a dealer would offer trade price saying that with all the customisation it will be easier to sell!!!

I just noticed the reg-plate on one of those pictured Volvos…its on an Northern Irish plate of - FHZ-4163… :slight_smile: :question:

I wonder who owned that lorry originally…and with the name…is John Hogan an Irish man himself… :question: :question:

One things for sure, this man appears to have one very impressive fleet, and the Scania Long-Line…unreal piece of gear… :sunglasses: :smiley: :sunglasses:

Cheers… :wink:

Couple more shots of the JFH long line, when it was first delivered to the dealer in the UK. At this time it was still Belgian registered as you can see, having been sourced thru a Scania dealer in Belgium and converted by a Belgian firm. That got changed quite quick because it’s now on UK plates. It’s also picked up quite a few accessories as you can see from the other pics.

I bet that shiny painted dashboard is a real pain with the sun reflecting off it.

the long line is amazing. But seriously what money would that truck be costing that man. I am def not trying be smart just curious to see what such an amazing truck is costing (so when i next rob a bank i know to take that much). I no ando quote a man £7,000 to do the interior in a 143. So for a longline can we double/tripple this?

So costs are
Brand new Scania Longline
Ando interior
Acessories

armaghcoupe:
the long line is amazing. But seriously what money would that truck be costing that man. I am def not trying be smart just curious to see what such an amazing truck is costing (so when i next rob a bank i know to take that much). I no ando quote a man £7,000 to do the interior in a 143. So for a longline can we double/tripple this?

So costs are
Brand new Scania Longline
Ando interior
Acessories

have a look at the Romanietek bvba link, theres a post by Blissy, at the bottom, he asked at the place that sells em, £94,000 for a 4x2.

have a look at the Romanietek bvba link, theres a post by Blissy, at the bottom, he asked at the place that sells em, £94,000 for a 4x2.
[/quote]

Yeah but thats not for a Longline just a normal 620 4 x 2 and the interior is normal Scania…i heard a rumour (just a rumour mind i cant confirm it) that the 6 x 2 Longline was for sale at £150 grand…so start saving :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: