know how job sites are in advertising.

If anyone knows of / came across a place in SE Kent
that’s looking for drivers C1 or C2
on early start 3-4 am and prefers 45-50 hrs weeks
please help a fellow trucker and suggest something to me
even in PM

:neutral_face: :frowning: :frowning: :neutral_face:

Many thanks

My feeling would be that if I had a secure job (supermarket) and only a one mile commute to work, I would tough it out.

Covid isn’t going away anytime soon…

The work is rubbish and poorly paid in this area and the further east in Kent you go the worse the money gets . There are some good employers like rob mercer and Alcaline but the money is dire and the ones around Sittingbourne seem to want to run u ragged Better looking at the gravesend or Thurrock areas or Lenham storage if you just want day work

Darkside:
My feeling would be that if I had a secure job (supermarket) and only a one mile commute to work, I would tough it out.

Not so sure it’s one of the secure supermarket jobs I’ve never seen a supermarket cry out for drivers like this depot does

chester1:

Darkside:

Not so sure it’s one of the secure supermarket jobs I’ve never seen a supermarket cry out for drivers like this depot does

ummmmmm so if they always cry out for drivers, a driver’s job there is secure?

Waitrose at Aylesford are sometimes recruiting drivers. They advertise at jlpjobs.com
We’ve got a few ex Morrisons drivers here and expecting more once Stobarts have taken over.

One mile from home and you want to throw it away. Hold your horses for the time being. Find another one then quit. Otherwise come January you will be looking again.

WheelsofCardiff:
One mile from home and you want to throw it away. Hold your horses for the time being. Find another one then quit. Otherwise come January you will be looking again.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

Gents
Thanks for the replies

I’d prefer to stay but there are some personal circumstances that’s clashing with some elements of the new contract will or possibly will have

Eg. alternate weekly start times one week 2am one week 2pm

Long hours

Nights out

Wage cut

It took me best part of 18 months to sort it with the current contract
can’t go back to square one and start hope to arrange it again

Many thanks

Having just been made redundant 3 weeks ago from a decent job with good pay and hours in the Maidstone area I would stay at Morrison/stobart for the time being And see for yourself what the new contracts are at the end of the day it’s still the same job delivering to the same stores at the same times. And as the job situation around the area is pretty dire for any job let alone one with decent hours/pay.

Darkside:

chester1:

Darkside:

I’d say you could probably stay there for life but with the seemingly high turnover of drivers and now Stobarts taking over the transport over you probably won’t

Darkside:

chester1:

Darkside:

I’d say you could probably stay there for life but with the seemingly high turnover of drivers and now Stobarts taking over the transport over you probably won’t

Jamm:
Having just been made redundant 3 weeks ago from a decent job with good pay and hours in the Maidstone area I would stay at Morrison/stobart for the time being And see for yourself what the new contracts are at the end of the day it’s still the same job delivering to the same stores at the same times. And as the job situation around the area is pretty dire for any job let alone one with decent hours/pay.

Good advise . Maidstone at one time was awash with haulage firms now I can only count a handful at the most

Jamm:

Thanks for the reply

We ve been hearing the tupe will last for around half year then we will be part of the Stobarts dream

Delivery to store then pick up plasterboard from somewhere deliver it to somewhere
General haulage

That can lead to long days and nights out for the same money as a warehouse picker

I am not willing to swap bad for worse

I’d rather do class2 day job for a bit less money what I’m on now and manage finances a bit better but not swapping decent to exploitation

Jamm:

Sorry not to mention losing

34 days holiday
£150 service award
£££££ colleague bonus in March
Discount card in stores
Discounted stuff and cheap meals sold in canteen

And a job that was suitable and regular for years

And hope you find something for yourself soon too

Thanks

mmeessii:

Jamm:

Thanks for the reply

We ve been hearing the tupe will last for around half year then we will be part of the Stobarts dream

Delivery to store then pick up plasterboard from somewhere deliver it to somewhere
General haulage

That can lead to long days and nights out for the same money as a warehouse picker

I’d rather do class2 day job for a bit less money what I’m on now and manage finances a bit better but not swapping decent to exploitation

How you can collect plasterboard in Morrison trailer??For plasterbord not all Stobart trailers suitable.Only TCT,HT and some more…

mmeessii:

Jamm:

Thanks for the reply

General haulage

Im sure tupe lasts for two years . Stobarts lost the Knauf work years ago out of ridham Nicholls and someone else have the bulk of that work now . Stobarts won’t be able to get enough trucks in there to be able to switch you in and out of general haulage . I’d sit it out and see what happens if I was you

chester1:

mmeessii:

Jamm:

Thanks for the reply

General haulage

Im sure tupe lasts for two years . Stobarts lost the Knauf work years ago out of ridham Nicholls and someone else have the bulk of that work now . Stobarts won’t be able to get enough trucks in there to be able to switch you in and out of general haulage . I’d sit it out and see what happens if I was you

in 2019 they still do KNAUF.

Andrejs:

chester1:

mmeessii:

Jamm:

Thanks for the reply

General haulage

in 2019 they still do KNAUF.

They may do Some as a back load but lost the main contract at ridham to firmins years ago with a lot of the drivers going over to firmins . I’m sure Nicholls and someone else are the main contractors now

Knauf Stobart do the main bulk followed Nicholls followed by Downtons none for firmins .