Job interview at yodel ipswich today

Hi a quick question I have managed to get myself a job interview at yodel as a courier driver , has anyone got any info , im a bit worried if I will be able to do the job ok , the reason being I have done some courier wrk in the past and found that they put sometimes up to a hundred parcels on the van and there wasn’t enough time to complete the round and do collections as well , also I did find the electronic scanner a bit complicated to use , I really want a job , don’t think I don’t im just a bit wary as to what yodel are like to wrk for ■■?

100 parcels on the van plus collections? … Piece of ■■■■! Not likely to happen at the moment, more like 100 - 150 plus collections and you work until you finish them all. I used to work for them.

ok in that case what are you really saying be totally honest , I really want a job but I am worried that I wnt be able to do the job ie get round and do all my deliverys and collections , plus I have used a electronic scanner b4 but I just could not get on with it , I found it really complicated , im not very up on modern computer type gadgets and technology , , be honest with me is it worth me going to interview , I really want a job but if im going to get the sack after a week because I cant do it then is there any point ? and are yodel Ipswich really like that ie putting in my mind a unrealistic target of collections and deliverys on .

go for it, you never know you might just get on!

ok mick but I want advice , shall I be honest at interview and explain that I don’t think giving me 100 plus deliverys and collections is ok or shall I just not say anything , its just that if I cant do that many and frm my experience in the past I could only manage in a day around 60 , they will end up asking me 2 leave and then im back were I started , I just know my capabilities and know wat I can manage , in the past by the time you had scanned and loaded all the van it was around 10 30 in the morn b4 u left the depot and if you have the outlying villages as your round it was a struggle to deliver more than 60 plus collections and be back by 6pm for the evening trunk lorry to be loaded .

Be honest in interview and tell them that you have never done this sort of work, but are willing to learn and ask if you can be broken in nicely rather then being thrown in the deep end

good point mickey 1 other prob i guess im going to have 2 tell em at the interview , is the fact that because ive been out of wrk 4 so long , and having no money , is the fact if its monthly pay i havnt gt enough fuel in my car to gt back and forth to wrk , what do you think the chances of them letting me have fuel on account until i get my wage , obviously if i havnt gt any money for fares or fuel then i cant get into wrk , i think although its not going to look good i reckon its best to be upfront ?

my car computer is saying I have 2 .5 gallons left I dnt know how accurate these computers are but im worried wen its that low , its a merc e 320 if anyone has any ideas , obviously I dnt want to run out and then I be in even more trouble

First have some more confidence in yourself, second sell your Merc e320 and buy a cheaper car thats cheaper to run or buy a bike. Third are you taking the ■■■■ :wink:

mickyblue:
go for it, you never know you might just get on!

Agreed.

I know them very well, are you going for an interview with Yodel or one of the sub contractors that work there ■■?

secondly if you own a E class, sell it the only one worth having is the E55 amg :laughing: you may need to do 300 drops a day to pay for the petrol though.

lol jls driver well just gt back and it was a waste of time I only found out at interview it was for 28 days no job at the end of it!! and in answer to previous post I had my merc wen I was earning good money as a class 1 driver , and driven carefully it does over 40 mpg so it is very economical , I really dnt think its worth all the hassle for just 28 days I thought it was full time

You really don’t sound suited to the job from what you’ve posted about yourself.
It’s one of the busiest times of the year (is your job only to cover Xmas?) and they’ll be looking at giving you 150+ drops a day.
They won’t be interested in your fuel issue.
From the employers point of view - theres two candidates, one doesn’t have the confidence to do the job and is struggling with money (possible risk of sticky fingers as people get tempted when in a bind)
The other person is full of confidence and has a can do attitude. Which would you employ?
Sorry if it’s harsh (and I’m not saying you would ever consider stealing) but think how an employer would look at it.
Is there something else you know you’re good at that you can try for? Best of luck whichever you decide.

your right mick , I admit im not suited to parcel wrk I cant drive like a lunatic im really more suited to car part delivery van jobs ie like those vans you see droppin off stuff 2 local garages , trouble is there very few and far between those jobs , ive applied in the past but never hear anything back , I guess there inundated with applicants .
tbh im not sure whatever else im suited for , I mean my skill is in driving that’s all I really ever known hgv class 1 since 1989 till 2009 but I cant drive hgv coz my licence was refused as I didn’t pass the 25 yr medical ,so my c/v has driving on it and not much else , problem is if I apply for retail wrk ie supermkts etc they look at my c/v and see I have no experience and reject me 4 the job ,obviously my trade is driving so that’s really wat im suitable for , but most van jobs about are multi drop courier wrk and only temp thru agencys …

What area do you live in ■■ anywhere near Wickford ?

ricardo62:
your right mick , I admit im not suited to parcel wrk I cant drive like a lunatic im really more suited to car part delivery van jobs ie like those vans you see droppin off stuff 2 local garages , trouble is there very few and far between those jobs , ive applied in the past but never hear anything back , I guess there inundated with applicants .
tbh im not sure whatever else im suited for , I mean my skill is in driving that’s all I really ever known hgv class 1 since 1989 till 2009 but I cant drive hgv coz my licence was refused as I didn’t pass the 25 yr medical ,so my c/v has driving on it and not much else , problem is if I apply for retail wrk ie supermkts etc they look at my c/v and see I have no experience and reject me 4 the job ,obviously my trade is driving so that’s really wat im suitable for , but most van jobs about are multi drop courier wrk and only temp thru agencys …

when you say 25yr medical what exactly do you mean ive had a medical at 45 and 50 but know nothing about 25 yr medical or do you mean your 65yrs old ?

hi jls well not far I live in Ipswich funnily enough I used to live in southend , so im all ears to hear why you ask , and maybe I gt confused with the 25 yr medical all I know is I passed class1 roughly 1999 and 2009 my licence needed renewing , oh I see what I m ean yes I mean my medical wen you reach 45 yrs old , and by the way jls it wasn’t anything like a bad heart or blackouts or im about to keel over anytime , it was sleep apnea it meant the doctor didn’t think it was wise 4 me to drive hours at a time early starts and long distances in a big artic , that’s why they took my hgv away but allowed me to keep my car licence

by the way j l s if you have a snippet of a position that might be vacant id be happy to forward my c/v onto whoever it may concern , and im not overweight ie build im 12half stone just in case your thinking I might be unfit ie sleep apnea tends to affect overweight people

I will ask someone I know, its a van delivering job local, very easy work and helping out in the trade counter, if they reply I will let you know

Sounds like a ■■■■■■■■ reason to take license off you?

What if you were working part-time, even just a couple of hours a day. Or you had your own truck u used for horses etc you moved on Saturday afternoons how is that going to affect you while you are awake?

People with sleep apnea get oxygen & masks for when they sleep to alleviate the problem? Or surgery on tonsils/septum or whatever is causing the problem?

I have a deviated septum from when a guy judas’d me and my partner says my breathing is erratic while asleep, yet I drive and my doctors etc know? (I am supposed to be getting it sorted at the local ENT but haven’t got round to it yet)