Job hunting... Joys

Hi all,

The time has come for me to find a new job and I was hoping some of you may be able to point me towards some decent companies.

I live in Chippenham in Wiltshire and I’m looking for day work. Class one or two. I’m happy to commute about an hour each way.

Thank you all in advance for any input you may have

I know B&Q were taking on quite recently and they’ve increased their ‘O’ licence since Preston Brook closed and XPO took over, also they will take direct applicants as long you get through the assessment.

Just as a small aside, any idea what the latest news on the ‘Range’ RDC at Chippenham? They seem to be widening the road in anticipation but I haven’t seen much happening otherwise?

Gregory’s at Shelton Mallet need rigid and artic drivers on long distance, local, multi drop, home every night or away all week, night work available.
Phone 01749 333 400 for an application form they also pay for licence training and ADR courses and Driver CPC.
Government backed top up pension and annual loyalty bonus of £1040.
Fork lift training available.

tallyman:
I know B&Q were taking on quite recently and they’ve increased their ‘O’ licence since Preston Brook closed and XPO took over, also they will take direct applicants as long you get through the assessment.

Just as a small aside, any idea what the latest news on the ‘Range’ RDC at Chippenham? They seem to be widening the road in anticipation but I haven’t seen much happening otherwise?

That’s a good shout, I’ll get in contact with them. You wouldn’t happen to know the best way to do this would you?

As for the range, as far as I am aware they are still at a stalemate. It’s ludicrous how long it’s taking!

toby1234abc:
Gregory’s at Shelton Mallet need rigid and artic drivers on long distance, local, multi drop, home every night or away all week, night work available.
Phone 01749 333 400 for an application form they also pay for licence training and ADR courses and Driver CPC.
Government backed top up pension and annual loyalty bonus of £1040.
Fork lift training available.

Thanks mate, do you happen to work for them? Would you know what the rates are like? Thanks again

£46 per week for cab hopping, when you get your own lorry that bonus is gone.
Pay per hour is £9.22.
Night work is about £1.40 more per hour.

Try jenkinsons , we have 40 or so based at Chippenham truckstop & plans to expand

mackemflan:
Try jenkinsons , we have 40 or so based at Chippenham truckstop & plans to expand

Cheers mate. Do they have day drivers or guys that do odd nights away? Or is it all tramping?

Thanks

Not sure exactly what shifts they do at that depot , but there’s plenty work round that area so might be some day work , ring & ask , it can’t do any harm . Good tackle & decent money too

mackemflan:
Not sure exactly what shifts they do at that depot , but there’s plenty work round that area so might be some day work , ring & ask , it can’t do any harm . Good tackle & decent money too

Thanks so much mate.
You wouldn’t happen to know where I’d find the contact details would ya?

Cheers

They’ve got a comprehensive website with info about the company , and I’m sure there’s an application form on there to download . Look for a w Jenkinson .co.uk

mackemflan:
They’ve got a comprehensive website with info about the company , and I’m sure there’s an application form on there to download . Look for a w Jenkinson .co.uk

Cheers mate. That’s a real help

Just sent you a pm , good luck

Pertemps

Immigrant:
Pertemps

Cheers mate. They a decent agency?

Chunkzilla:

tallyman:

That’s a good shout, I’ll get in contact with them. You wouldn’t happen to know the best way to do this would you?

As for the range, as far as I am aware they are still at a stalemate. It’s ludicrous how long it’s taking!

I’m not sure who the new TM is there, he’s only recently taken over. Best bet is to drop a letter, & CV if possible, into reception addressed to ‘Transport Manager’. If you go during the day they seem to leave the carpark barrier and security gates open all of the time, so it’s easy enough to do…

mackemflan:

is jenkinsons still owned by jenkinson or has stobart taken over?

Still owned by jenky , as is Stobart biomass , he’s also on the board of directors at stobarts . Jenks is a much bigger concern than people realise

Yate might be a tad far from you at Chippenham, but Brakes are recruiting all over the place, Class 1 now - as well as class 2 where they’ve already had vacancies for some time all over the country.

Winseer:
Yate might be a tad far from you at Chippenham, but Brakes are recruiting all over the place, Class 1 now - as well as class 2 where they’ve already had vacancies for some time all over the country.

In fairness Yates only half an hours commute which is fine by me, I was expecting to have to travel to avonmouth area so that’s not too far.

Do you know what the class 1 work is like? As I know the class 2 work is mad.

Cheers