Jenkins truckstop Penrith

Who remembers this place when it was run by BP
even so when my Jenk had it there was a gert beeurt (refer to this for further info en.wikipedia.org/wiki/■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■) bar up stairs with a massive TV room
The bar was packed most nights until kicking out time with drunken joks

Well went in there tonight and where they had the bar upstairs they had done it all up into something fabulous with a locked door

But I did manage to find the drinking den down stairs
A poky little room and everyone drinking bottles
I said pint of larger darling and she said we dont do draft in hear anymore just bottles
I said “OK I will leave it then” and walked out, she said sorry about that

Are they all trying to drive away business?
That place had a massive bar upstairs and it was packed and now a pokey little drinking den that only sells bottles
I mean the 2 best truck stops in the north west
And carnforth truck stop that bar used to be packed but not anymore, quiet as a dow dow
Thanks to the snotty cow behind the bar that kicks everyone out at 1/4 to 11
In times of austerity one would think they would be bending over backwards with a song and a dance
Or have they just decided to become fascists? (along with the RDCs VOSA & council) coz we are all scum
drivers dont need to spend money in hear any more; so 2 quid for a shower token is all you will get off me

Remember it will when it was BP. lOVED it, always in there on a thursday night. And I was one of them mentioned Drunken Joks :smiley: fallin out at midnight. Great entertainment as well on a thursday.
Now, Wouldn t give Jenky the steam off ma Pish never mind ma money so never been in since he/they took over.

ye when bp was a good spot but not a touch with bp zaragoza lol seems the way now in uk truckers are just a nuisance :imp:

mc thackeray:

Yes. It is now effectively a AWJ/Stobarts depot (AWJ is effectively owned by Stobbies) which us mere mortals are allowed to use. There’s so many Stobbie and AWJ wagons in there now that poor sods are forced to park overnight in the trailer changeover area.

To be fair, the lass behind the counter in the shop told me they got rid of the old bar as no-one was using it. Probably too much effort to climb the stairs, as downstairs the cafe was always busy enough…Might’ve been better to spend their refurb money on a lift. :stuck_out_tongue:

stevejones:
ye when bp was a good spot but not a touch with bp zaragoza lol seems the way now in uk truckers are just a nuisance :imp:

i wonder how many dudes have came to greif along the lines of…im definately not going anywhere near la jon again till my clakkerbags calm down,as i always end up ■■■■■■ and skint,so il head up the other way…o look,theres a nice bp place .il just go in for a quick bite and be on my way in a jiffy.looks like theres a few campervans all broken down around here…funny how its all women drivers,possibly i might offer my assistance to these damsels in distress,o dear…im blocked and skint again… i wonder if i can buy a bag of ice to rest my gonads on from the shop…:open_mouth:

rocketsquadron:
And I was one of them mentioned Drunken Joks :smiley: fallin out at midnight

jenky is a miserable old C.
hay do you remember the boys that drove for that car transporter company nr. bathgate that had red T-shirts

I stayed here only twice when it was BP ,I had a volvo day cab the first time so I had a room ,it smelt of smoke mould & damp and was cold the day cab would of been better ,the food wasn’t too warm either ,I’ve not been back since .

aye …I can mind a night(90s) when a driver had his leather jacket pinched …police came up and looked about a bit then went away… come morning they were stopping wagons on the road asking if anyone knew about the “jacket” and when they smelled alcohol out came the blow in the bag!
I mind they caught 3 drivers including the scots lad that lost his jacket! …no bugger would leave the park for ages, I only had 1 beer wi supper and always mind the sarky bugger that stopped me /asked about the “jacket” wasn’t happy when I asked what reason did he have when he asked me to blow in the bag! james

a guarda cop asked me to blow into the bag just outsode of waterford a while ago,apparantly his chips were scalding him… :slight_smile:

JIMBO47:
aye …I can mind a night(90s) when a driver had his leather jacket pinched …police came up and looked about a bit then went away… come morning they were stopping wagons on the road asking if anyone knew about the “jacket” and when they smelled alcohol out came the blow in the bag!
I mind they caught 3 drivers including the scots lad that lost his jacket! …no bugger would leave the park for ages, I only had 1 beer wi supper and always mind the sarky bugger that stopped me /asked about the “jacket” wasn’t happy when I asked what reason did he have when he asked me to blow in the bag! james

I seen that happen at Felixstowe in the 90’s, we used the P & 0 bar, it didn’t work on normal licence, instead the shutters came down when the boat left the Quay, some lads got a strop on one night, and the port police came in to get everyone out, next mornings motors were getting tugged as they left the port. Though the port Police where warning drivers about the operation and giving you a chance to turn around and park up, they were the ones who handed Suffolk Police the reg numbers to pull :unamused:

ye dieseldog u got it and thats if they made it past the upstairs/downstairs at nules lol :smiley:

Conor:

mc thackeray:

Yes. It is now effectively a AWJ/Stobarts depot (AWJ is effectively owned by Stobbies) which us mere mortals are allowed to use. There’s so many Stobbie and AWJ wagons in there now that poor sods are forced to park overnight in the trailer changeover area.

This might come as surprise but conor is talking dung. Again. Go and stick your head right up your ■■■■ and have a girdle about until you find some actual facts.

mc thackeray:

rocketsquadron:

hay do you remember the boys that drove for that car transporter company nr. bathgate that had red T-shirts

Can’t think who it was naw. Only crowd a can think of was Muppet Road Show MRS fi Bathgate.

happysack:

Conor:

mc thackeray:

This might come as surprise but conor is talking dung. Again. Go and stick your head right up your ■■■■ and have a girdle about until you find some actual facts.

I’ve gotta admit I wondered about that one. I know I came off nights out 3 months ago but it can’t have changed THAT much since the end of December, and as a regular until then I never had a problem parking somewhere decent… :neutral_face:

It was more the stobarts own awj comment. What a bell end.

Ah, yes. That old chestnut…

Considering that it isn’t stobarts in at Penrith. It’s a company called Stobart biomass. Tssk facts.

on a friday night they restrict the outsiders parking too row 1 and the change over zone the rest of the week is a free for all. i was told the same as lucy by the manageress

rocketsquadron:

mc thackeray:

rocketsquadron:

Can’t think who it was naw. Only crowd a can think of was Muppet Road Show MRS fi Bathgate.

it was WR something or WRM, cant remember
red PK polo tops with white writting of WR something accross the top