Jenkins truckstop Penrith

mc thackeray:

rocketsquadron:

mc thackeray:

rocketsquadron:
And I was one of them mentioned Drunken Joks :smiley: fallin out at midnight

jenky is a miserable old C.
hay do you remember the boys that drove for that car transporter company nr. bathgate that had red T-shirts

Can’t think who it was naw. Only crowd a can think of was Muppet Road Show MRS fi Bathgate.

it was WR something or WRM, cant remember
red PK polo tops with white writting of WR something accross the top

Yes there was a crowd called WRM silver and blue motor’s. They bought oot somebody, sure they were based in ■■■■■■■■■■■ tho.

Think WRM bought out Bewick

Driver-Once-More:

Ma minds as rusty as an awld Ford. Rings a bell tho.

rocketsquadron:

Driver-Once-More:

Ma minds as rusty as an awld Ford. Rings a bell tho.

Correct, don’t think they had anything to do with Transporters though?

Also WRMs colours were blue and silver so can’t see the drivers having red shirts?

A1 automotive■■? but the thought o drinking hard and red/maroon t shirts made me think straight away of Curries o Dumfries …
:smiley: in the day.

rocketsquadron:
Yes there was a crowd called WRM silver and blue motor’s. They bought oot somebody, sure they were based in ■■■■■■■■■■■ tho.

yes thats the one; we allways had a little problem about england vs scotland :wink:

Christmas week 1993. I worked for Federal express on the Matchbox toys contract, that week me and my work mate had a load each from Rugby to Rutherglen, we left on the Monday, stopped at Penrith and decided to have a two man Christmas party, by the end of the night our whole table top was covered in Budwieser bottles and I could hardly stand. Tuesday morning we started early, I almost hit some bloke sorting his sheets on the hard shoulder when he stepped out in the slow lane, my mate said ‘If you had hit him you’d spend ten years in nick’ he was right because we were both still drunk as skunks, we delivered our loads and headed back down to stop at Penrith again, although we vowed never to drink like that again, we sadly got well drunk again. The following morning my mate woke me up by banging on the door, it was the day before Christmas eve and there was 6 inches of snow on the ground, we went in for breakfast, ‘I can see us having Christmas dinner in this dam truckstop’ he said but I was determined to get home, we drove down shap in the deep snow and I got in the middle lane and passed everything including the police ■■■■■■ for all the slow moving traffic, we got to Wolverhampton BP truckstop and spent the night there with friends and got drunk again LOL, we drove into our Rugby depot at 10.00am Christmas eve and went home for 2 weeks LOL

Pat Hasler:
Christmas week 1993. I worked for Federal express on the Matchbox toys contract, that week me and my work mate had a load each from Rugby to Rutherglen, we left on the Monday, stopped at Penrith and decided to have a two man Christmas party, by the end of the night our whole table top was covered in Budwieser bottles and I could hardly stand. Tuesday morning we started early, I almost hit some bloke sorting his sheets on the hard shoulder when he stepped out in the slow lane, my mate said ‘If you had hit him you’d spend ten years in nick’ he was right because we were both still drunk as skunks, we delivered our loads and headed back down to stop at Penrith again, although we vowed never to drink like that again, we sadly got well drunk again. The following morning my mate woke me up by banging on the door, it was the day before Christmas eve and there was 6 inches of snow on the ground, we went in for breakfast, ‘I can see us having Christmas dinner in this dam truckstop’ he said but I was determined to get home, we drove down shap in the deep snow and I got in the middle lane and passed everything including the police ■■■■■■ for all the slow moving traffic, we got to Wolverhampton BP truckstop and spent the night there with friends and got drunk again LOL, we drove into our Rugby depot at 10.00am Christmas eve and went home for 2 weeks LOL

youtube.com/watch?v=jkz12OslGhU

sorry indigo-job you have just ruained a good storry there

In 1986 I was turned away from there cos I wasnt in a truck
I needed a room I was driving a merrc 407 no sleeper in the
end I did Leamington tp Kilmarnock and back one hit
08 00 thru 0200