Jehova witnesses

I watched a program on tv last night about life in the e.r. its about the medical teams in the accident and emergency suite in hospitals in the u.s. anyway it shows different goings on and how staff have to cope with different emergencies including a guy who had been shot and his assailant coming into the hospital to finish the job off which included shooting at the staff and actually shot one. well there was this old lady who had been involved in an accident and needed an operation to save her life…well this old gal was a jehova and told the staff that under no circumstances was she to be given any blood…the staff even offered her…her own recycled blood which she refused…
the staff were very upset when they couldnt save her life because of the religion or request that the patient made…i have read of stories where hospitals have applied to a court in order to save a childs life where the parents have refused to allow a blood transfer…this is abhorrent…and should always allow a childs life to be saved even if against someone elses wishes…thats why doctors are in the profession…to save lives…what do you think…

agree,however strong your religious beliefs it should not allow you to let someone die ,when they can be saved.

I can’t begin to understand religious beliefs letting a childs life to be endangered. :confused: It must be so hard for the hospital staff knowing that they could save a life.

Oh and how long before this is moved to Bully’s? :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

This ones always baffled me truckboy, how can you let someone die when they can be saved, some religion that is that allows you to commit murder!

i used to go to school with a fella whos family were Jehova he was a nice lad, I often see him around now doing the old door to door!! needless to say i always hide!

It’s a pity we are so politically correct in this country, that we are afraid to sneeze in case it offends someone’s beliefs. It is my belief that all religion is the root of all evil. People do some nsaty things in the name of religion, why dont they get a life?

Take it easy out there

Ladytrucker679:
Oh and how long before this is moved to Bully’s? :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

not long :wink: :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

pam

My 19 year old son upset a Jehova Witness at the front door a couple of weeks ago. The guy had him cornered and as my son was trying to get away by saying he was busy the guy asked if he could leave a magazine for him to read then. ‘Would he read it?’ the witness asked. ‘Does it have fast cars in it?’ asked my son. ‘No.’ ‘Does it have naked women in it?’ ‘No.’ ‘Then I am very unlikely to read it then,’ he replied. The guy seemed most upset and they haven’t been back since. :wink: :smiley:

the nearest i came to the watchtower was 1.before the berlin wall came down 2. jimmy hendrix when he was all along it…apart from that i must say that i am not a religious person as such…i go to church for weddings and funerals and the odd xmas carol concert if i can scrounge a glass of wine and a mince pie…
but i use to hate it when the jehovas had access to my front door…now with the introduction of a rottweiler they stay away…ha ha …but to the original thread i would like to see a law that says regardless of the wishes of people…doctors have a duty to save a life regardless…except in the cases of paedophiles…■■■ offenders…nonses…child abusers…transport managers :laughing: and murderers.unless its the wife or her mother :laughing: but you get my drift anyway…they trained at great expence to be able to save lives and there shouldnt be a threat of prosecution held over them…save lives regardless except as detailed above.
have a nice day

this is where you find the official party line
watchtower.org/

truckboy said ‘hospitals have applied to a court in order to save a childs life’

no they dont they apply to ignore the persons / parents wishes

many religons belief in an after life. This being the case many nutters (moslems jews palestians) choose to blow themselves and others to bits.
Jehovahs Witnesses belief in an after life (resurrection) so consider laying down their lifes in this ‘world’ a worthwhile sacrifice

hitch:
Jehovahs Witnesses belief in an after life (resurrection) so consider laying down their lifes in this ‘world’ a worthwhile sacrifice

But why should a child have to die because of its parents belief? I dont really care what any religion believes in, but I certianly wont put up with people forcing there beliefs on others, or sacrificing their children because of their beliefs. :open_mouth: :confused:

Gonna play the role of Devils advocate here.

At what point should the hospital intervene? If they know that a child, and that’s the point here people who have another as their legal gaurdian, have a choice made for them that we would not make for our own why is it wrong out of necessity? If it was thought that as soon a conflict ( as to the most appropriate treatment) arose the hospital staff would be looking to the courts to make a ruling would they take their child to the hospital in the first place?

On the other side of the argument if the hospital denied treatment on a conflict as to the likely success, or cost, of that treatment should the courts be involved then.

To my mind the decision to deny treatments on religious grounds are wrong, be that to a minor in your charge or them selves, but if those making that decision can understand, face and live with the consequences then they should be allowed to do so. After all how far would you be you be prepared to go to get a treatment you thought appropriate for your child?

In matters of moral conscience many people of faith follow the teachings of their faith. We might not like or agree with that but I can understand why they would choose to do so.

Coffeeholic:
My 19 year old son upset a Jehova Witness at the front door a couple of weeks ago. The guy had him cornered and as my son was trying to get away by saying he was busy the guy asked if he could leave a magazine for him to read then. ‘Would he read it?’ the witness asked. ‘Does it have fast cars in it?’ asked my son. ‘No.’ ‘Does it have naked women in it?’ ‘No.’ ‘Then I am very unlikely to read it then,’ he replied. The guy seemed most upset and they haven’t been back since. :wink: :smiley:

:laughing:

I’ll store that up for later use :wink:

The one we used at uni was; “hang on a minute, the sacrificial chicken’s bleeding over the carpet…”

And from Billy Connolly (sp?) last weekend…

(shouted through closed door): “I’m naked, and I’ve got an erection. I’m opening the door on the count of three. One…Two…Three…”

Years ago, the Jehova’s came knocking at my door.
It was 9-30 am.
I was on nights, so it was 9-30 at night to me.
I had eaten my tea, and had a few tinnies.

3 people on the doorstep, all well dressed with briefcases, telling me about eternal life.
Unfortunately, the tinnies took over, and I would not let them go.
"Tell me about the watchtower " I said, with a can in my hand.

Now, the sight of any-one in boxers with a can in his hand at 9-30 in the morning would have scared me off, so I carried on.

" Have a watch tower for free" said the man. " We must be off "

" You aint goin nowhere " I said, " Untill you have explained your beliefs "

This went on for half an hour, with the 3 Witnesses looking nervously at each other.

Finally, they made their excuses and left. (plus I was ready for bed! )

In 7 years, they have not been back, day or night.
I have seen them in my street, and my house is like a ‘no go zone’ (great)

The motto ?
If I want to talk about religion, I will go to my chosen place of worship.

I will not talk about it on my doorstep.

Cheers,

Niall.

p.s. God Bless You All :laughing: :laughing:

I,ve never had them at my door and i,m not too sure how i would handle it probably put a bit of ■■■■ on the T.V. and just watch them squirm.

They asked me once if I would consider becoming a jehovas witness, I told 'em I did’nt even know he had an accident!

Can’t remember who posted it, but someone said something about religion being the cause of so much trouble and misery in the world, it is! and has been throughout history, I could’nt agree more with that post, especially when I think about the religious zealots over here :open_mouth:

hitch:
truckboy said ‘hospitals have applied to a court in order to save a childs life’

no they dont they apply to ignore the persons / parents wishes

Trouble is, it could all be too late by then.

I got fed up of people calling & we now have a notice on the Door.
NO ONE SELLING GOODS, IDEAS OR SERVICES WELCOME.
That put a stop to that.

daxi:
I got fed up of people calling & we now have a notice on the Door.
NO ONE SELLING IDEAS

I like that!