Jehova witnesses

ralliesport:

hitch:
Jehovahs Witnesses belief in an after life (resurrection) so consider laying down their lifes in this ‘world’ a worthwhile sacrifice

But why should a child have to die because of its parents belief? I dont really care what any religion believes in, but I certianly wont put up with people forcing there beliefs on others, or sacrificing their children because of their beliefs. :open_mouth: :confused:

I’m not a supported of the Jehova’s Witnesses belief system by any stretch of the imagination. Personally, if saving my child’s life meant throwing out every belief I ever had, I do it in a second… no hesitations. But we aren’t all the same. And don’t most people raise their children according to their own beliefs… religious or otherwise? Isn’t that the point of parenting? And don’t children sometimes suffer for that, even if you have the best intentions? Would you abandon the lessons you taught your children just because someone else thinks you’re wrong? And where does it say that they’re wrong and the rest of the world is right anyway? To interfere isn’t stopping the parents from forcing their beliefs on the child… it would only be you forcing your beliefs onto them… nothing more than that. I know my point of view seems a bit simplistic in a life or death situation, but there’s a fine line between morality and hypocrisy on this topic.

Kate you said" would you abandon the lessons you taught your children just some one else thinks your wrong". I f I thought they would die as a result then yes I would without any doubt . If you cause the death of some one accidently in this country you would be charged with Manslaughter. These people want to cause the death of their children they should be charged with murder. The use of religion is surely a poor excuse.

If you strongly believed in reincarnation and part of your belief said that doing something against your particular gods wishes meant you would not be reincarnated would you still go against your gods wishes, knowing that if you did you would never see your family or friends again?

Can you imaging having a chance to live in an ideal world were your god lives alongside you, together with all your family and friends?

Now imaging one of your children not being there because you were too weak in your previous life.

Some people’s faiths are uncomprehendable but are you as strong in your beliefs to be certain your ways are right?

I would like to say that I don’t subscribe to any god but believe in treating people how I would want to be treated.

Totally agree it should not be allowed to let someone
die when they can be saved

knight:
Kate you said" would you abandon the lessons you taught your children just some one else thinks your wrong". I f I thought they would die as a result then yes I would without any doubt . If you cause the death of some one accidently in this country you would be charged with Manslaughter. These people want to cause the death of their children they should be charged with murder. The use of religion is surely a poor excuse.

I also said… “Personally, if saving my child’s life meant throwing out every belief I ever had, I do it in a second… no hesitations”. And not just my childs, but anyones. I don’t support the jehova’s witnesses attitudes, and I’ve come across quite a few while working as a nurse. And a large number of them quickly change their minds when faced with life or death, though notedly, many don’t.

Jehova’s Witnesses take various biblical quotes that make references to eating or drinking blood and sacrificing, and somehow translate them to blood transfusions. I don’t understand why, but thats what they do, and you aren’t gonna change it. To me, eating means eating, and sacrificing mean sacrificing, but they’re twisting words and instilling their own interpretations into them… as most religions do. A transfusion is neither eating nor sacrificing anything.
Here are a couple of these quotes…

“Leviticus 17:10 And whatsoever man there be of the house of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn among you, that eateth any manner of blood; I will even set my face against that soul that eateth blood, and will cut him off from among his people.”

28 For the holy spirit and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to YOU, except these necessary things, 29 to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled and from fornication. If YOU carefully keep yourselves from these things, YOU will prosper. Good health to YOU!”

It’s bizarre what man-made religion will make people do. The question is how much of our beliefs are we entitled to force on our children? We all do it to some extent… but when it comes to life and death, most of us have a little more common sense than that. Sad to say, but we aren’t going to change their minds. And like it or not, given freedom of religion, we don’t really have the right to, do we?

Couldn’t agree with you more Kate. I have often said it’s not religion that causes trouble but “religions” as I see it they all twist the bible to suit them selves. Should have said their Bible ie Koran or whatever. Leviticus makes good reading and can be a bit of an eye opener when you look at the christian church today.

Hollywood I know what you mean which a good point until they apply it to another human being who has no choice in the matter. You could use that argument as a reason to do anything. Just by saying my God says this or that is not a good enough reason to let some one die needlessly. I don’t subscribe to any religion.

Sorry Kate I didn’t answer your question. Yes I think we do have the right to protect the inoccent.

I always thought Jehovas had a decent job, as they only seem to work Christmas Day :stuck_out_tongue: but then I saw 2 of them touting for business on Brampton Hut. They didnt appear to be doing very well though, and most of the drivers seemed to be taking short breaks :smiley:

Wheel Nut:
I always thought Jehovas had a decent job, as they only seem to work Christmas Day :stuck_out_tongue: but then I saw 2 of them touting for business on Brampton Hut. They didnt appear to be doing very well though, and most of the drivers seemed to be taking short breaks :smiley:

What I find amusing is how they find Christmas, Easter, or any other religious holiday so wrong and completely against their religious beliefs, and lecture you, and warn of eternal damnation for celebrating… but I’ve never met one of them who turned down the annual employer funded Christmas package or refused holiday pay for religious observations that they don’t observe :unamused: … is it just me, or is that hypocritical?