James c ashworth of bradford

peterq5422:
Anybody with anything to do with haulage in the last 50 years in Bradfordwill have come across Frank Macquade one of the industry characters and all round nice guy
Frank passed away this morning unfortunately absolutely gutted rip frank you will be sorely missed by many

hiya peter sad news ill second that he would do any thing for you rip uncle frank.

steve brearley:

peterq5422:
Anybody with anything to do with haulage in the last 50 years in Bradfordwill have come across Frank Macquade one of the industry characters and all round nice guy
Frank passed away this morning unfortunately absolutely gutted rip frank you will be sorely missed by many

hiya peter sad news ill second that he would do any thing for you rip uncle frank.

Hi Peter, that’s really bad news Frank was one of the best, a laugh a minute spent many a night and day with him in various Bradford pubs, he will be sadly missed, R I P old pal. Les.

– Sorry to hear about Frank he was one of the best, we were very good friends.
He will be sadly missed.
DAVE

Sorry to hear about Frank , Pete. I remember him when i was at Colemans a few of his old colleagues worked there he left a lasting impression on me. R I P Frank

Where have the Ashy’s men gone. Les.

A young Bob Noble with the l reg guy im guessing parked at home with mark sat on the bar

peterq5422:
A young Bob Noble with the l reg guy im guessing parked at home with mark sat on the bar

Brilliant, and i guess that will be Mark haven’t seen them in years

Leyland rebuilt by jack Ashworth after he retired helped by jack wood and fred elmsly it rnded up going to ken longthorne and was sd on to a couple in knaresborougn
Its now up for sale£12000

Another one left us Farmer passed away last week after a short illness rip David

peterq5422:
Another one left us Farmer passed away last week after a short illness rip David

Sad news Peter, Farmer was a great guy drank many a pint with him, R I P old pal.

peterq5422:

That’s sad news Peter , i last saw him a few years ago in the Lord Clyde one sunday afternoon RIP David

Lotd mayors procession Bradford

does anyone have any photos of james c ashworth vehicles ,they used to do all international harvester haulage in uk and mainland europe and ceased trading in 1984.

Apologies for it not being a ‘period’ picture - this is one I took at the Trans-Pennine, Harrogate in 2003:

I took this one near Bedford in 1978

amazed with the erf photo it was driven by my dad mainly to france hooked up to ashworths tractor cab trailer i spent many happy hours in the passenger seat

sorry for pic quality ,F10 with double deck baler trailer i think on dunkirk dock about to unload the driver is Dennis Robson sadly no longer with us.Picture 2 is Bob Quirie loaded with four international tractors not sure of location DWW967T is the seddon atki the erf posted earlier was his previous truck will try to improve photos but still new to this sure they will get better

excellent photo of that baler trailer, recognise the name but don’t remember him as such - any more?!