Jack Richards

What are jack richards like to work for and what’s the pay like after a tramping job, and don’t mind extra shifts. Cheers leigh

I don’t think anybody works for them! I’ve applied for vacancies years ago, about four people I know have applied, never a single reply to anybody!
maybe they’re one of these mystical British companies that doesn’t employ British workers!

I know someone who works for them and he’s on here. If he chooses to answer then that’s up to him. Good luck in your hunt. :sunglasses:

They do employ brits, I have a couple mates who work for them and they are wary of posting details on here- as apparently discussing the firm on here isn’t liked in the office and asked if I can reply on their behalf.- simple answer is they pay the going rate for the area- kit is all fleet spec and well maintained, they run 100% legal and will jump on you if you push it.
Nights out are there if you want them however one guy said they are cracking down on the guys who “run out of time” 20 minutes from the yard(going in or out) in order to get the night out money.
Overall your standard haulier- nothing flash but dependable with a decent amount of work

They were advertising for trampers at £33k from Northwich about six years ago which is probably why they don’t set on too often.

Rikki-UK:
They do employ brits, I have a couple mates who work for them and they are wary of posting details on here- as apparently discussing the firm on here isn’t liked in the office and asked if I can reply on their behalf.- simple answer is they pay the going rate for the area- kit is all fleet spec and well maintained, they run 100% legal and will jump on you if you push it.
Nights out are there if you want them however one guy said they are cracking down on the guys who “run out of time” 20 minutes from the yard(going in or out) in order to get the night out money.
Overall your standard haulier- nothing flash but dependable with a decent amount of work

Run 100% legal, but will let you run over your time by 20 mins to get back to the yard!

How do you run over time leaving the yard? :confused:

No don’t read into what not written :wink: Apparently it is aimed the guys who drag it out or simply park up with time left to gain the night out money- no where in my post did I say they had to run over their time- don’t read into something that simply isn’t there by implication or otherwise
Vern similarly - its apparently to stop the guys who should have just gone home… leaving the yard and driving a few miles up the road then parking up, to no real benefit to the company

Rikki-UK:
No don’t read into what not written :wink: Apparently it is aimed the guys who drag it out or simply park up with time left to gain the night out money- no where in my post did I say they had to run over their time- don’t read into something that simply isn’t there by implication or otherwise

Even if they had run out by 20 minutes (Even though they hadn’t) I would’ve thought they would’ve been picked up by a spare driver. No point in having a lorry parked 20 minutes up the road

I last spoke to one of there drivers whilst he was parked up at Newark. He couldn’t say a bad word about them and he had been there years

They’ve got a youngish blonde lady working for them. . . Noticed her about in a few locations. Spoken to a few of their drivers in the past. None of them have a bad word to say about them.

weeto:

Rikki-UK:

Run 100% legal, but will let you run over your time by 20 mins to get back to the yard!

I’m sure you really understand whats is meant by Rikki putting it in quotes.

I did a lot of work for Jack Richards a couple of year ago when I was doing Agency work.

On one occasion I was running out of duty hours, because of a 3 hour delay loading. I realised my hours where getting tight, I called the office and told them, they asked if I could get the back load and get it to Wisbeach, I said I could get the load if it took no more than an hour to load, but would only be able to bring it back to Fakenham, this is what happened, no pressure was put on me to run over my hours.

I thought they seemed a reasonable company to work for, trucks all seem tidy. But as an agency driver I was quite often using trampers trucks, so if you’re tramping don’t expect your motor to stand in the yard when you’re having time off. They seemed to expect the motors to be cleaned at the end of each shift, however they didn’t seem to have the rafts of paperwork to be filled in unlike some other large logistic operation. It was very much go in, do delivery, bring back POD, When I was delayed they expected me to keep them informed on what was happening and call them once an hour and when I leaving.

On the other side and friend of mine went to work for them, he lasted 2 weeks, I know he’s no work shy skiver, but he couldn’t get on with the transport office, but he’d come from a small haulage company where he was very much left to get on with it.

But then I know other drivers who’ve been there for a few years, so really down to what suits you.

Reubs766:
They’ve got a youngish blonde lady working for them. . . Noticed her about in a few locations. Spoken to a few of their drivers in the past. None of them have a bad word to say about them.

You sure she’s female Reubs? :question:
Might be one of the cross dressers off another thread… :laughing:

I’ll never understand why companies don’t like people talking about them on social media sites, forums etc. if people are telling the truth then what’s the problem, thought we had freedom of speech in this country…!?

I’ll never slag who I work for off on here again. Still learning from it to this day! :blush:

Leigh 13070 PM me .I work there

Rikki-UK:
Vern similarly - its apparently to stop the guys who should have just gone home… leaving the yard and driving a few miles up the road then parking up, to no real benefit to the company

Thats a sign off the times, it used to be said that the old man would ask a driver what hours he’d got left, and a reply off any hours at all would have him saying what you standing here then for :sunglasses: .

As others have said its pretty much run off the mill, I saw a driver I used to work with in the supermarket on sunday, he’s been there about 10 years and rates them well. :wink:

Rikki-UK:

There’s a lot of lads who live a considerable distance from there yards who tramp,to expect them to come into yard then travel 50/60/ 100 miles home is in my opinion taking the ■■■■,it’s not always the money there after it’s more the cost and time involved in traveling that distance home,after a 15 hr shift.
I know a few lads who are having this issue now,there planning them to come back to yard 2/3 nights a week then do in one case a 140 mile round trip :open_mouth: :unamused: ,suffice as too say the truck isn’t comming back.

weeto:

Yes exactly. I used to get this with an old firm. Didn’t want you exceeding your hours, but didn’t want to pay for a nightout if you made it within 20 miles of base because “You could go home”…well no, if I’m out of time 20 miles from the yard, I’ll be sleeping in the truck 20 miles from the yard, because my car is in the yard, 20 miles from my truck.

bigvern1:
I’ll never slag who I work for off on here again. Still learning from it to this day! :blush:

Care to explain…

Nope. You never know who’s watching, that’s all I’ll say.