Jack Richards workers

xichrisxi:

eddie snax:
:roll:

xichrisxi:
Someone left out place to go there,6 months later they were back on agency…expect a lot of running in Saturday morning instead of Friday nights.

MIKE P:
The modern day driver comment whats the big deal running in on sat am ■■?

Is it any wonder we are surrounded by eastern european drivers when I read things like this

Well said “MIKE P”.

the nodding donkey:
Another boss’ ■■■■■■■■■. ‘Please sir, can I do some more?’ 'Are my cheeks wide enough apart
Do you bring your own lube?

Oh Dear has the truth hurt :unamused:

xichrisxi:
You’re paid by the hour,if your happy to run in on the Saturday for 30 odd quid (3hrs running in time)crack on drive,I’d rather sleep in my own bed and see Saturday morning at home than sleep in my wagon and spend Saturday morning running in for such an amount.

Who cares what bed theyre in, as long as its a decent nights kip. As for £30 running in, you need to negotiate better deals “Drive”. I get 5 hours minimum, for as little as a couple of hours work, go over 5 and they pay the total hours, sorry, whats not to like :unamused:

I’m not slept in a wagon for my whole 11 year driving career…my deals great thanks :smiley:

If your deals great then where did you get the £30 figure from?

muckles:

xichrisxi:

eddie snax:

xichrisxi:
Someone left out place to go there,6 months later they were back on agency…expect a lot of running in Saturday morning instead of Friday nights.

MIKE P:

Is it any wonder we are surrounded by eastern european drivers when I read things like this

Well said “MIKE P”.

the nodding donkey:
Another boss’ ■■■■■■■■■. ‘Please sir, can I do some more?’ 'Are my cheeks wide enough apart

xichrisxi:
You’re paid by the hour,if your happy to run in on the Saturday for 30 odd quid (3hrs running in time)crack on drive,I’d rather sleep in my own bed and see Saturday morning at home than sleep in my wagon and spend Saturday morning running in for such an amount.

Who cares what bed theyre in, as long as its a decent nights kip. As for £30 running in, you need to negotiate better deals “Drive”. I get 5 hours minimum, for as little as a couple of hours work, go over 5 and they pay the total hours, sorry, whats not to like :unamused:

I’m not slept in a wagon for my whole 11 year driving career…my deals great thanks :smiley:

From another thread on here about some other drive moaning about being payed ■■■■ money for running in.

xichrisxi:

eddie snax:

xichrisxi:

MIKE P:

Well said “MIKE P”.

the nodding donkey:

xichrisxi:

I was just editing my first post, I saw that Id cut out the comment that I actually wanted.

That’s fine, as long as your happy with your terms then crack on Drive, personally, I’ve rarely done any thing other than tramp, for the past 25+ yrs, but it is each to their own, and I don’t as a rule knock anyone’s choice of work, only when they moan about their choices but wont change, or moan about others choices and expect them to change.

I can tell you that there are very few, if any decent paying driving jobs left in North Norfolk, Including JR at Fakenham. Day work is a joke here (from what I’ve been led to believe).

I have travelled out off Norfolk for work for over 10 years, but try to keep a handle on what the local hauliers are paying, just in case it gets somewhere above slave labour :unamused:

Trucker Ed:

Sidevalve:

Trucker Ed:
I’m afraid when you go on the website and their only incentive is that you will get to drive a DAF is a little worrying

They have come on a bit; not so many years ago Jack Richards was about the biggest all-ERF fleet in the country.

One comment I will make; you very rarely, if ever, see one of theirs in [zb] order. Fleet always looks well kept.

True enough don’t see them bruised and battered

Outfit i sometimes run for recently bought a handful of 3yr olds from Fakenham (DAFs, of course). Any knacked panel replaced or filled. Spotlessly valeted, and around the 200/250 thou km mark. The guys there seemed spot on.

xichrisxi:

Muckles:

xichrisxi:

From another thread on here about some other drive moaning about being payed [zb] money for running in.

So you’ve based your figure on drivers moaning about getting a poor rate for the job and instead of doing something about it they come on here and moan instead, not the ones who might be on a rate that makes it worthwhile to not be at home Friday night?

But then for some no amount of money would make it worthwhile and that’s fine, it’s life choices and we all have to make the best ones we can to suit our needs.

eddie snax:

the nodding donkey:

I was just editing my first post, I saw that Id cut out the comment that I actually wanted.

That’s fine, as long as your happy with your terms then crack on Drive, personally, I’ve rarely done any thing other than tramp, for the past 25+ yrs, but it is each to their own, and I don’t as a rule knock anyone’s choice of work, only when they moan about their choices but wont change, or moan about others choices and expect them to change.

I can tell you that there are very few, if any decent paying driving jobs left in North Norfolk, Including JR at Fakenham. Day work is a joke here (from what I’ve been led to believe).

I have travelled out off Norfolk for work for over 10 years, but try to keep a handle on what the local hauliers are paying, just in case it gets somewhere above slave labour :unamused:

Pretty much the same for me. I tramp, Monday to Friday. We do occasionally run in on Saturday ( in fact, I do so tomorrow… :unamused: ), or ship out on Sunday, but that is for extra money, guaranteed hours. But I choose to work five days. Nothing wrong with working six if you want, but it goes both ways. He calls me a moaning whincher for not wanting to work Saturday, I retort by calling him a boss’ ■■■■■■■■■. :laughing:

I don’t understand why anybody would work on tramp from Norfolk for such crap wages. You only commute once a week, why not to a place that pays better? My girlfriend lives in Swansea. Would I work from there? :laughing: :laughing: My home is moored in North Devon. Would I work for a local company?? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I travel either an hour and 15 minutes to Wales, or an hour and half to Devon, to work from Bristol. Probably less commuting than a day driver who lives more that 20 minutes from his depot. And not sitting in that traffic every day.

I did quite bit of work for them out of Fakenham when I was on agency about 5 years ago, Work seemed straight forward, didn’t seem to worry about the corporate [zb] and loads of form filling. It was go in, get delivery instructions, get truck and trailer, deliver goods, phone in get further instructions. come back fuel truck, wash truck, park, hand in notes, get sheet signed, download card, go home.

Not loads of form filling etc.

However a friend of mine went there full time and only lasted 2 weeks, he just couldn’t get on with the office staff and felt his face didn’t fit.

Thanks for all the replies , as ever it’s always interesting seeing the comments from all :smiley:

Gillberry:
Thanks for all the replies , as ever it’s always interesting seeing the comments from all :smiley:

You’re welcome.
And remember, you only find out if it suits you if you try.
And you get out what you put in… :wink:

the nodding donkey:

eddie snax:

the nodding donkey:

Pretty much the same for me. I tramp, Monday to Friday. We do occasionally run in on Saturday ( in fact, I do so tomorrow… :unamused: ), or ship out on Sunday, but that is for extra money, guaranteed hours. But I choose to work five days. Nothing wrong with working six if you want, but it goes both ways. He calls me a moaning whincher for not wanting to work Saturday, I retort by calling him a boss’ ■■■■■■■■■. :laughing:

I don’t understand why anybody would work on tramp from Norfolk for such crap wages. You only commute once a week, why not to a place that pays better? My girlfriend lives in Swansea. Would I work from there? :laughing: :laughing: My home is moored in North Devon. Would I work for a local company?? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I travel either an hour and 15 minutes to Wales, or an hour and half to Devon, to work from Bristol. Probably less commuting than a day driver who lives more that 20 minutes from his depot. And not sitting in that traffic every day.

Sounds like we’re singing from the same hymn sheet, I got the wrong end of your post :blush:
I travel 75 miles to work, but its only the 1 round trip, £25 of petrol gets around £150-£200 in my wage packet, even if I add in the traveling time I’m still quids in.

I’m out tonight too, run in a few hours tomorrow + a quick wash down, done for 7am, be home for about 9am, £70 + a night out added to My salary, and 9am is hardly late Saturday morning :wink:

MIKE P:
Typical of The modern day driver comment whats the big deal running in on sat am ■■?

blue estate:

xichrisxi:

[zb] that Saturday mornings are for lying in your own bed

I work to live ! Not live to work ! :unamused: my postal address is my home address not my lorry cab :wink:

Totally agree mike.
Ok im one of the old boys but surely transport never has been a 5 day job.The job is regulated on customers requirements[is it not]and not on drivers being home on a Friday nightAs for the comment sat mornings are for being in your own bed that says it all.No wonder the east euros are taking over.
regards dave.

dafdave:
Totally agree mike.
Ok im one of the old boys but surely transport never has been a 5 day job.The job is regulated on customers requirements[is it not]and not on drivers being home on a Friday nightAs for the comment sat mornings are for being in your own bed that says it all.No wonder the east euros are taking over.
regards dave.

Do you prefer to drive a Sedon Atki too? Times change. Just because I’m a truck driver does not mean I have to bend over and work any hours required. People used to work 15 hours in 't mill, six day 't week. Don’t see much of that any more.

It’s a job not a competition about how few hours you spend at home. With the nights out business it’s no wonder lots of drivers are divorced, not seen kids grow up etc. Me I’m a soft steering wheel attendant. 10 nights out in my 17 year career and none in the last 12 years. :grimacing:

the nodding donkey:

dafdave:
Totally agree mike.
regards dave.

Do you prefer to drive a Sedon Atki too? Times change. Just because I’m a truck driver does not mean I have to bend over and work any hours required. People used to work 15 hours in 't mill, six day 't week. Don’t see much of that any more.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

blue estate:

the nodding donkey:

dafdave:
Totally agree mike.
regards dave.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Only because theres no mills or cotton or wool trade left why? because the trades all abroad.Let me put it in simple terms what the british driver wont do the east euros will AND cheaper,so were does that leave you and others out of work.
regards dave.

the nodding donkey:

dafdave:
Totally agree mike.
regards dave.

i’d prefer my old 400 over the brand new Daf i have now.

LASHHGV:
It’s a job not a competition about how few hours you spend at home. With the nights out business it’s no wonder lots of drivers are divorced, not seen kids grow up etc. Me I’m a soft steering wheel attendant. 10 nights out in my 17 year career and none in the last 12 years. :grimacing:

only 4 nights out in 36 years here :smiley:

blue estate:
I work to live ! Not live to work ! :unamused: my postal address is my home address not my lorry cab :wink:

Ah Yes the old cliches.

If you’ve got a job that suits you then great if it day work and it gives you enough money to have a good lifestyle that’s great as well.

But as some on here have tried to explain, if they took a day job in their area they’d be home every night, but without enough money to have a life and don’t say “well get a job out of haulage” because high paid manual jobs aren’t around in these areas.

So they go work away from the area and that means tramping and they earn a decent wage, keeps the missus happy as she’s got enough to spend and then at the weekend make the most of family time. That’s what my friends and family members who tramp do and it seems to work, in fact because weekends are precious they make sure its quality time and probably do more than those who are home every night.

Of course they could move but then they live in an area where they could earn more, but then a lot of people who live in these area spend a lot of money on holidays, second homes or even retire to the parts of the Country where they live because its actually nice to live there and also they have family and friends in the area.

A friend of mine moved from Northampton where he was being paid a lot of money on day trunking, back to North Norfolk when his daughter was born, he now has to tramp to earn a reasonable wage, but neither him or his wife would dream of going back to Northampton, they feel they have a far better quality of life in Norfolk and it’s a better place to raise their daughter.

I personally work out of Tunbridge Wells, but that’s for many reasons not just money, and I’m away a lot, but I’ve done many jobs not just truck driving and even nice 35 hour a week office jobs, but I get bored if I’m stuck in a routine and not moving around, so a day job is no good for me.

I know there are people who’d love my job, but then there are many who’d hate it and I can accept that and respect them for that, but it doesn’t mean my jobs crap, it just doesn’t suit everybody.
However a lot of people who post on here seem very narrow minded when it comes to work, as far as they’re concerned their way in the only way.

Dafdave has a fair point regarding the Eastern Europeans. There are a lot of bone idle bar stewards in this country, who over he last 10 years or so, have decided that they are far too important to do crap jobs.

Or far too comfy on Benefit Street. We have no one to blame but ourselves for the amount of EE’s in this country.