Jack Richards wages

I spoke to a JR driver at our depot this morning and was curious about conditions/wages there as the northwich depot isn’t too far from me and hopefully next month I will have my class 1. He says the place is ok and he works days and does 5 days one week then 6 days the next(so im assuming he does lots of hours).

He clears around £1800.00 per month after deductions. Just wondering,is this an average sort of wage for class 1 curtain sider on days??

You get paid every 4 weeks and if your tramping it’s about £2200 take home.
So it’s 13 payments a year. The job is easy enough and Trucks are less than 3 years old.

Is it just General haulage they do?

kavs44:
You get paid every 4 weeks
So it’s 13 payments a year. .

I was going to say that :wink:

ckm1981:
Is it just General haulage they do?

To the best off My knowledge, tidy fleet. think you are expected/required to do every other weekend sat or sun :wink:

I see more and more of their drivers driving Daf CF as opposed to Daf XF.
Wouldn’t want to be stuck all week sleeping in a CF cab in addition to their low pay.

that dosent seem bad money dependant on the hours

hkloss1:
Wouldn’t want to be stuck all week sleeping in a CF cab in addition to their low pay.

£2200 take home is roughly £35k a year?is that low wages?

hkloss1:

i would prefer the CF high cab that a volvo fm the beds are comfy and the storage is good

ckm1981:

hkloss1:

It is low wages if £400 of it is N/O money and max hours

think I need to get back driving if 35k is low wages, never had an issue with the cf dafs as long as high roof.

once you have spent all week in an fm or Iveco turbo tech anything with a bit of standing room is amazing!

NewLad:

ckm1981:

hkloss1:

It is low wages if £400 of it is N/O money and max hours

This ^

Hi
Live near there Fakenham depot, there lorries always look clean and tidy and this is where it all started many years ago. Jack himself sadly passed away last year I think, but sorry can’t help you with your question

ckm1981:

hkloss1:

so , the key question:
How much would I get paid for an hour of my time given to this company?

hkloss1:

ckm1981:

hkloss1:

so , the key question:

At a guess around £10p/h

eagerbeaver:
I spoke to a JR driver at our depot this morning and was curious about conditions/wages there as the northwich depot isn’t too far from me and hopefully next month I will have my class 1. He says the place is ok and he works days and does 5 days one week then 6 days the next(so im assuming he does lots of hours).

He clears around £1800.00 per month after deductions. Just wondering,is this an average sort of wage for class 1 curtain sider on days??

That’s £1800 / 22days ( 5 days one week then 6 days the next) =£81.81 take home each day :open_mouth:

bjd:
that dosent seem bad money dependant on the hours

So then add night out money, which takes it to this.

kavs44:
You get paid every 4 weeks and if your tramping it’s about £2200 take home. .

Which is £100 a day in the bank, secure money, but to be honest for Norfolk its OK, but for the North West I’d think you could easily do better, and to be honest for sake off a few miles in the car getting out off Norfolk if your tramping then you can improve that a enough to make it worth your while :wink:

ckm1981:

hkloss1:

ckm1981:

hkloss1:

so , the key question:

At a guess around £10p/h

lol, no need for guessing, let me help you with this one, it is just over 7 pounds per hour, I went for an interview a few month ago, and politely declined.
Didn’t even have to think about it.

ckm1981:

hkloss1:

ckm1981:

hkloss1:

so , the key question:

At a guess around £10p/h

I think it would be nearer £8.50, and they used to, so probably still do, pay that rate right through, with an extra £1 an hour overnight :unamused: + they deffo take 45mins a day out for dinner :unamused:

I’m thinking that £2200 equals more like less than £30k taxable + night out money :wink:

hkloss1:
[lol, no need for guessing, let me help you with this one, it is just over 7 pounds per hour, I went for an interview a few month ago, and politely declined.
Didn’t even have to think about it.

Blimey :open_mouth: , I went for an interview in 2003, and they were offering £7.50 an hour then at Fakenham, they still on the same money 12 years later :unamused: .

Also I didn’t go there either :wink:

I’m out :smiley:i get more than that and sleep in my own bed every night !

ckm1981:

hkloss1:

ckm1981:

hkloss1:

so , the key question:

At a guess around £10p/h

Try £7.80 per hour !!!

hkloss1:

ckm1981:

hkloss1:

so , the key question:

£7.80 per glorious hour !!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: