J26 showers

Has anyone else used the new outdoor showers on J26 Truckstop at Waltham Abbey?

beanie:
Has anyone else used the new outdoor showers on J26 Truckstop at Waltham Abbey?

I’ve recently had an eye test so I’ll assume you’ve made some kind of error with your typing.

OUTDOOR showers?

Only works when it’s raining, :smiley: :laughing:

Outdoor? This time of year? :open_mouth:
The words ‘shrinkage’ and ‘walnut whip’ spring to mind . :laughing:

Bet someone…

Waffle stomps in them before the new year.

For what they charge to park it ought to include an 18 year old Thai beauty to wash your back :smiley:

These are actually true.

They have been featured on another website a while ago, along with outdoor urinals. I kid you not, but one thing is for sure, I wouldn’t be washing my wanger in public.

You can thank your so called fellow professionals for the owners stance. :unamused:

Ken.

Uncleskid:
For what they charge to park it ought to include an 18 year old Thai beauty to wash your back :smiley:

+1.I would’nt park there.Not at what they charge.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The reason I’m asking, is anyoune still using the manky, dark, flshowers inside the toilets?
The old fella that was building them told me that the Northerners and ex-army drivers have taken to the idea.

no need to pay that price for basic hygiene when the fields are full of free alternatives? :open_mouth:

ethnic cleansing.jpg

Sadly yet again it’s down to some drivers letting themselves down badly,theres a good article in truck and driver about it,explains everything clearly,just google junction 26 outdoor showers and you will find it.

I don’t blame them.

If I ran a truck stop with all the big overheads and kept having to clean up drivers turds from the shower cubicles, I would probably install outdoor showers too. At least now the inevitable filthy mess can be easily hosed down.

bobbya:
Sadly yet again it’s down to some drivers letting themselves down badly,theres a good article in truck and driver about it,explains everything clearly,just google junction 26 outdoor showers and you will find it.

A good…

Viewpoint of J26’s position.

truckanddriver.co.uk/latest … acilities/

Having got into some trampers trucks (to use for a day or such), and seeing how they spend the week in a ■■■■ pit that you wouldn’t let a dog sleep in, this does not surprise me.

I have just read his and was appalled. The vat is charged on sales, business rates are charged on the property and tax is only charged on profit. Looking at the tin tabernacle and having used the place the rates will not be much.

People treat the premises like they are treated, put them in a pig sty, it will become one, remember the crap hole at Ross on Wye. The rats wouldn’t use it.

Compare a place in Europe, washing machines, restaurants, bars and parking, showers cleaned between users and what we get in J26, Stibbington etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheel Nut:
I have just read his and was appalled. The vat is charged on sales, business rates are charged on the property and tax is only charged on profit. Looking at the tin tabernacle and having used the place the rates will not be much.

Business rates for that will be quite high as what you’re charged per square metre on a site for parking is higher than for buildings depending on their use.

And you base your parking prices on that, plus the toilet cleaners wages. The cafe will be its own cost centre with its own profits, in theory!

Skillet Hill was a derelict farm in a green belt, he did well to get planning permission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I spent Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday nights in the three truckstops during my travels up and down the A1. Stibbington one night, Colsterworth the second and Markham Moor on the third night. All leave a lot to be desired in the shower departments.
I was in the relatively new truckstop at Rothwell on the A14 on the Friday last week. The manager informed me some of the showers had been vandalised almost every week since they opened.
And we wonder why most of the others are in a bit of a state, we are our own worst enemy.

the nodding donkey:
Having got into some trampers trucks (to use for a day or such), and seeing how they spend the week in a [zb] pit that you wouldn’t let a dog sleep in, this does not surprise me.

Is week away tramping though ?
Saying that,how can they spend the week in said vehicle if you drive it for a day or such ?
Frec the Stella

I like how he says " 40 to 50% of the taxes are vat" I thought vat was 20% tops on everything.
Sapper