iveco turbostar

A couple more

image.jpeg

donedeal.ie/trucks-for-sale … 2/15579146

dont know if its any interest but there is two projects for sale, the photos show the truck go from alright to rough

robthedog:
in Germany recently

Hey, I know this lads good, they drive only MAN’s, and IVECO’s all over 25 years. And do sometimes 1000km runs.
Here is the Fiat as it was bought from a Carny in 2016, the only weak point was the ZF box, which will be soon replaced by a Fuller, next time the ZF gives again troubles.
Here an other MAN (updated to a F2000), which is for sale now because of drying up the work, ( or let’s say, goon to the cheaper lads).

Hi, Iv just bought a turbostar, if anyone knows of any of sitting in any scrap yards or where I might be able to get parts in the Uk let me know.
Otherwise il have to hunt around in Italy
Also anyone remember what a flashing diff light could be, lights fully on when diffs engaged.
Seems to occur after a bit of running, so when it hot

460MC:
Hi, Iv just bought a turbostar, if anyone knows of any of sitting in any scrap yards or where I might be able to get parts in the Uk let me know.
Otherwise il have to hunt around in Italy
Also anyone remember what a flashing diff light could be, lights fully on when diffs engaged.
Seems to occur after a bit of running, so when it hot

Have you checked the oil level and made sure it’s not half full of water?

Strangely, I had never spotted this thread before! The TurboStar was my favourite truck, at least of its generation. The only thing I could really objetc about them was their rather poor soundproofing.

The first one I drove was this 480 bhp 190-48 T of 1988. Fitted with a Fuller 12-speed box.

The second was this 1992 190-38, a really brilliant machine with a fantastic engine!

Saw this In Velez Malaga recently.

Was it at work or preserved? Beautiful, anyway!

Froggy55 I couldn’t say, there was no trailer nearby so i think this has been renovated and used for show.

gazzer:
Froggy55 I couldn’t say, there was no trailer nearby so i think this has been renovated and used for show.

Never mind, it’s gorgeous!

There’s a V8 for sale in Classic Comms mag this month @ £7500 been in for a few months

does anybody know of any turbostars still going or restored or just rusting away in the corner of a yard. ive got a 190.48 restored only been to one show with her but wat a lot of attention she drew. anybody that speaks bout them say wow pulled well but shame bout cabs rotting away but well was i was lucky to find one with good cab

saw this at tenerife last month–Alan

hi,
when i see a turbostar pulling a bulker,i always think of the first one i ever saw,1984 on the north circular at hanger lane,mettallic blue,crofton-sleigh? bulk haulage from norfolk area?it’s easy to forget,but at that time,to my knowledge,they were at 480 hp,europe’s most powerful truck :sunglasses: .i saw this one,still working hard in august 2011 loading our cruise ship in italy.she sounded like a v8 and by the way the italian went through the box,i would say she had a fuller in her :sunglasses: .good to see yours,they are an iconic truck in my opinion.

f88vol:
does anybody know of any turbostars still going or restored or just rusting away in the corner of a yard. ive got a 190.48 restored only been to one show with her but wat a lot of attention she drew. anybody that speaks bout them say wow pulled well but shame bout cabs rotting away but well was i was lucky to find one with good cab

I drove a brand new 1 in 1989 from time to time and youre dead right they could pull,the registration was either G370 JCP or G372 JCP we got 3 brand new 4 x 2s , 2 were 360`s and the 480.Dont know where there are any now probably all rotted away the cabs dropped in bits inside as well as outside

revman:
saw this at tenerife last month–Alan

Thats a TEC cab Revman very similar to the Turbostar but narrower,we had those too and they also dropped to bits with bullet proof engines

Remember a mate of mine having an F registered 360 Turbostar in the early nineties, 4x2 with a 13 speed fuller box, it pulled like a train and would cruise at 75 mph, still had a lot more in reserve and would go off the clock no problem!!! It was sheer luxury to me at the time as I was used to a Sed Atki 401 with a 290 Big Cam, Happy Days :wink:

We had 360s 420s and 480s when i worked for mrken they never missed a beat engine box axel perfect everything else fell off apart
■■■■ electrics rust to hell bad back up no real dealer network never had it long kept speeding so it got took off me lol

That V8 sounded great.

Regards,

Mark

f88vol:

I see that you’ve put Eminox’s on, are they two single stacks, one out of each turbo, or do they go two into one into two? I had one and put chimneys on it, it had the two single stack set up, sounded lovely in a tunnel, but like a 4pot with a big miss from the driver’s seat, it was a flying machine though, I had a 520 Eurostar too, total animal of a lorry, very underrated and that big FIAT V8 would make mincemeat out of any Scania V8 :wink:

Oh BTW, that’s a cracking job you’ve done there, it looks sweet :wink: