I've had camaras installed in the cab of my lorry facing me

yourhavingalarf:

the nodding donkey:

yourhavingalarf:
Ask why cameras aren’t being installed on all the office bods.

Most screens can be specified with a built in camera so, why are you being singled out?

I’d be inclined to put my butty box in front of the ■■■■ thing as a first reaction, after that, I’d probably look for another job.

Because if an office bod falls asleep behind his desk, or uses his mobile to text, or watches a video on his laptop, the worst he’ll do is get behind with his work. Not stick 40 tons into the back of a queue of stationary traffic…

I said, ask his boss why aren’t other members of staff subject to the same treatment. I’d just like to know from management the reasons why drivers are singled out to have cameras pointed at them when other employees don’t?

Pointing a camera in my face won’t stop me from driving into stationary traffic. Not sure the boss would want the evidence if that were the case anyway.

It’s not your boss that wants the camera…

xichrisxi:
I don’t understand this,so a driver has an accident and liability is up in the air…so why would the drivers OWN insurance company view the footage and then decide yes the driver was at fault if it means that said company then becomes liable for the cost of the accident and subsequent injury claims ect,we were always told never to admit liability if involved in an accident so why now do the insurance company “insist” on driver facing cameras,imo it’s bullcrapshit.

Because it might equally exonorate a driver of any blame.

I wouldn’t be having it though, seems way too intrusive.

the nodding donkey:

I’m glad it’s not my boss, lucky me.

The OP say’s his company is doing it for insurance purposes, so the it’ll have come from his boss.

the nodding donkey:

OVLOV JAY:
Walk out, take them to tribunal for constructive dismissal. Loads of ours told the owner we’d do it, he decided against them

Insurance company says “no problem Mr. Bloggs, we will double your premium instead”…

That’s between my boss and his broker, and not my problem. What is my problem, is audio and visual recording of my overnight rest, including sleeping and changing, and private conversations, sometimes including bank account details, credit cards details and passwords

Spoke to your boss earlier Digit after reading your post. He agreed to send me a clip of you at work.

youtu.be/iDpfrHpVS8Y

Assert dominance, ■■■■■■■■■■ whilst maintaining eye contact with the camera, they won’t review your footage too often after that, either that or you’ll get some interesting offers and invites from some of the more effeminate office staff, win win!

I think Dipper Dave has hacked my account :confused:

It seems absurd that firms now consider it easier to install driver-facing cameras - rather than just accept that insurance companies making employing a “9 points OK” driver prohibitively expensive otherwise.

I bet the Unions won’t be accepting this in any shape or form - putting them in the ascendant for once. :wink:

the maoster:
Spoke to your boss earlier Digit after reading your post. He agreed to send me a clip of you at work.

youtu.be/iDpfrHpVS8Y

Maoster- you got the wrong clip mate. I think you meant this one

youtu.be/Q15fB7E28Zs

yourhavingalarf:

the nodding donkey:

I’m glad it’s not my boss, lucky me.

The OP say’s his company is doing it for insurance purposes, so the it’ll have come from his boss.

:unamused: :unamused:

Reef:
Assert dominance, ■■■■■■■■■■ whilst maintaining eye contact with the camera, they won’t review your footage too often after that, either that or you’ll get some interesting offers and invites from some of the more effeminate office staff, win win!

I know you said that in jest, but I genuinely think you are on to something there. If you flung it around for a couple of minutes on your break, while singing along to the radio, and occasionally sniffing your boot, you would find your footage at the bottom of the “review” pile!

OVLOV JAY:

the nodding donkey:

OVLOV JAY:
Walk out, take them to tribunal for constructive dismissal. Loads of ours told the owner we’d do it, he decided against them

Insurance company says “no problem Mr. Bloggs, we will double your premium instead”…

That’s between my boss and his broker, and not my problem. What is my problem, is audio and visual recording of my overnight rest, including sleeping and changing, and private conversations, sometimes including bank account details, credit cards details and passwords

They won’t be recording when your at rest. Cover it over at night, they can’t say anything about that.

Thing you should remember is that the only time anyone will see the video is if you have an accident. No one is going to sit on front of a screen watching you go about your working day

But you are still under constant surveillance, and if I wanted to be under constant surveillance then I would go and live in the Soviet Union in the 1950s.

Michael Douglas:

the maoster:

youtu.be/iDpfrHpVS8Y

Maoster- you got the wrong clip mate. I think you meant this one

youtu.be/Q15fB7E28Zs

Good point, well made. I’ll give you that one :smiley: :smiley:

switchlogic:
Thing you should remember is that the only time anyone will see the video is if you have an accident. No one is going to sit on front of a screen watching you go about your working day

Tell that to Trucker jays followers…

F-reds:
I genuinely think you are on to something there. If you flung it around for a couple of minutes on your break, while singing along to the radio, and occasionally sniffing your boot, you would find your footage at the bottom of the “review” pile!

Or the footage will be on constant loop on the canteen tv :open_mouth:

switchlogic:

If you take any notice of the TVs listings you will see that up to 8 thousand people tune into Big Brother through the night just to watch narcissists sleep! Strange creatures humans are Luke.

Harry Monk:
But you are still under constant surveillance, and if I wanted to be under constant surveillance then I would go and live in the Soviet Union in the 1950s.

Judging by your avatar you would have been a typical relatively harmless patriotic Russian rather than an enemy of the state.

switchlogic:

In an ideal world yes, but the cynic in me says a more unscrupulous firm would use it to build a dismissal case against an awkward driver

They would be taking me away in a straight jacket within a day!!!

If i dont know the words to a song i ■■■■ it! shooby dooby skibbly dee you get the jist

I scream loudly at people to make them jump as its funny

I make up silly rhymes and then laugh like a ■■■■■■ for ages at my comedic genius

I wave at horses and ask cows for direction, swearing at them for being ignorant

I sometimes pull silly faces in my reflection as i am bored and very insecure.

If these evil driver facing cameras come to my place then I am going sabotage it or leave