I've had camaras installed in the cab of my lorry facing me

I’ve had 5 camaras installed in my truck don’t mind the others, but the one facing the driver I hate its intrusive. Company said they only use it for insurance purposes. Thinking of leaving !

Any one know the laws on this?

You are legally entitled to leave. :wink:

As I understand it they are very prone to difficult to identify faults.

Harry Monk:
You are legally entitled to leave. :wink:

:laughing: :sunglasses:

Digit369:
I’ve had 5 camaras installed in my truck don’t mind the others, but the one facing the driver I hate its intrusive. Company said they only use it for insurance purposes. Thinking of leaving !

Any one know the laws on this?

Why would the insurance company want to see the drivers ugly mug?

Castillidie:

Check they hadn’t fallen asleep in causing an accident, or other things like being on the phone…
I don’t think any driver will be a fan, but can see all the corporate firms installing these! :cry:

Evil8Beezle:

Castillidie:

Check they hadn’t fallen asleep in causing an accident, or other things like being on the phone…
I don’t think any driver will be a fan, but can see all the corporate firms installing these! :cry:

True I suppose, just seems like over kill to me. Plus I wouldn’t want to have a camera pointed at me all week.

Black tape?

Yeah don’t know about you lot but I’m a bit of a karrioke trucker I do like a sing a song behind the wheel
And I also eat like hungry bear. Ha ha just feel like the office has live feed and there laughing at me :blush:

Dipper Dave’s will make for interesting viewing. Or eye watering. … :grimacing:

Walk out, take them to tribunal for constructive dismissal. Loads of ours told the owner we’d do it, he decided against them

OVLOV JAY:
Walk out, take them to tribunal for constructive dismissal. Loads of ours told the owner we’d do it, he decided against them

Insurance company says “no problem Mr. Bloggs, we will double your premium instead”…

Ask why cameras aren’t being installed on all the office bods.

Most screens can be specified with a built in camera so, why are you being singled out?

I’d be inclined to put my butty box in front of the ■■■■ thing as a first reaction, after that, I’d probably look for another job.

I’m worried about ending up on some webcam type ■■■■ site while innocently putting my Jammies on.

When you have a physique like mine. Honed by 25 years of nights out in Leyland Cruisers, Iveco 190-30s, Pot Noodles & snack van bacon sandwiches, you have to be worried about being exploited.

Kerragy:
I’m worried about ending up on some webcam type ■■■■ site while innocently putting my Jammies on.

When you have a physique like mine. Honed by 25 years of nights out in Leyland Cruisers, Iveco 190-30s, Pot Noodles & snack van bacon sandwiches, you have to be worried about being exploited.

:laughing:

yourhavingalarf:

Most screens can be specified with a built in camera so, why are you being singled out?

I’d be inclined to put my butty box in front of the ■■■■ thing as a first reaction, after that, I’d probably look for another job.

Because if an office bod falls asleep behind his desk, or uses his mobile to text, or watches a video on his laptop, the worst he’ll do is get behind with his work. Not stick 40 tons into the back of a queue of stationary traffic…

I don’t understand this,so a driver has an accident and liability is up in the air…so why would the drivers OWN insurance company view the footage and then decide yes the driver was at fault if it means that said company then becomes liable for the cost of the accident and subsequent injury claims ect,we were always told never to admit liability if involved in an accident so why now do the insurance company “insist” on driver facing cameras,imo it’s bullcrapshit.

Simples get another job.
It’s their truck so they can do as they like.
It won’t be covered under any privacy laws as your at work.
You’ll find when the ignition is off the camera is off.

the nodding donkey:

yourhavingalarf:

Because if an office bod falls asleep behind his desk, or uses his mobile to text, or watches a video on his laptop, the worst he’ll do is get behind with his work. Not stick 40 tons into the back of a queue of stationary traffic…

I said, ask his boss why aren’t other members of staff subject to the same treatment. I’d just like to know from management the reasons why drivers are singled out to have cameras pointed at them when other employees don’t?

Pointing a camera in my face won’t stop me from driving into stationary traffic. Not sure the boss would want the evidence if that were the case anyway.