I've finally got a proper class 2 job!

So I passed my test in October of last year and I found it pretty difficult to find work with no experience. I tried the agencies and they would only put me on 7.5 tonne work for minimum wage. The other week I had two class 2 job interviews in West Yorkshire ( Leeds ) One for a food distribution company and one for a pallet company. The pallet company was a salaried position at 27k per year for LONG hours, (12 hours days at work over 5/6 days). I didn’t get the job due to the other applicants having 5+ years experience over me, which is fair enough and I understand completely.

Now the food distribution company did offer me a job. Its salaried at 22k per year, working approximately 40-45 hours a week. I have my own routes going to the same places every day. Monday I work roughly 9am- 3pm - Tuesday is 9am until about 7pm - Wednesday is 9am - 6pm -Thursday is 9am - 7pm and Friday is a nice short run of a 9am - 2pm finish.

Times vary due to traffic, customers holding you up etc but its roughly those times. Its driving a 15 tonne refrigerated truck.

I am curious if you guys think 22k ( or £1520 a month ) for 40-45 hours a week ( Monday to Friday ) is a good salary for my first ever class 2 job with no experience.

£1520 before or after tax an ni ?

If it pays your bills and gets you experience then happy days

In order to look the part, it is essential that you wear your hi-viz whilst driving.

Looking like a prick is an integral part of being a rigid driver.

Lloydie:

After, its about 1840 before tax and NI

It’s good providing you don’t handball the load off.

They will always be someone who “wouldn’t get out of bed for that” if it suits you’ and you can live comfortably with that take home, then crack on drive

I personally don’t think it’s bad… But then I’m from Hull and the wages are shocking :grimacing:

If it pays your bills and you’re satisfied don’t worry what anyone else thinks.

Do a year or two, gives you the needed experience for applications elsewhere, keep your eyes open for something better/ different as you go, if you want to.

4yorks:
So I passed my test in October of last year and I found it pretty difficult to find work with no experience. I tried the agencies and they would only put me on 7.5 tonne work for minimum wage. The other week I had two class 2 job interviews in West Yorkshire ( Leeds ) One for a food distribution company and one for a pallet company. The pallet company was a salaried position at 27k per year for LONG hours, (12 hours days at work over 5/6 days). I didn’t get the job due to the other applicants having 5+ years experience over me, which is fair enough and I understand completely.

Now the food distribution company did offer me a job. Its salaried at 22k per year, working approximately 40-45 hours a week. I have my own routes going to the same places every day. Monday I work roughly 9am- 3pm - Tuesday is 9am until about 7pm - Wednesday is 9am - 6pm -Thursday is 9am - 7pm and Friday is a nice short run of a 9am - 2pm finish.

Times vary due to traffic, customers holding you up etc but its roughly those times. Its driving a 15 tonne refrigerated truck.

I am curious if you guys think 22k ( or £1520 a month ) for 40-45 hours a week ( Monday to Friday ) is a good salary for my first ever class 2 job with no experience.

Who’s it with, out of curiosity

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

EddieMD:

4yorks:

Who’s it with, out of curiosity? Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

kent foods. :grimacing: probably

4yorks:

Lloydie:

After, its about 1840 before tax and NI

Not bad for them hours [emoji12].
If you enjoy it and it’s easy stick with it for a while .

Not bad for them hours ( if the don’t take the yellow stuff)
Get some experience under your belt for a year or 2 and the world is your oyster.

There are some cracking class 2 jobs out of there, some who are a lot more interesting than pulling a bendy between rdc’s
Hope you like it.

Seems to be the going rate for class 2 food service. Just use it to get some experience under your belt and keep a lookout for other jobs.

If you’re happy with it, it’ll do.
If you’re not happy with it, it’ll do till you find something better.

Its a good start, dont rush about though. Remember that its your driving license.

I think that’s decent for the amount of hours and the 2 short days you get on Monday on Friday. I know you’ve got 2 longer ones to make up for it but it’s not like you have to start early like in most driving jobs.

Edited!

Edited also…

Edited again