I've been there!

So I’ve just been watching Inside The Factory and as it was at Nestlé York I said ‘I’ve been there!’ Then they moved to Thorntons Derbyshire and the old ‘I’ve been there’ popped out again.
I admit I do seem to do this quite often as we travel around … as my long suffering spouse rolls his eyes, again! :unamused:
Anyone else do this or is it just me? :blush:

No your not alone I do it as well with similar results :unamused: :unamused:

Yes I do that at times, especially when somebody asks me which University I attended (yeah, as if!) and I tell them 'Warwick, Stoke, Nottingham, Derby and Sheffield which confuses/impresses them somewhat. What I don’t tell them is that we were only surfacing the car parks. :wink:

Driving tippers you do go to a lot of factories, airports and swanky houses though which the general public don’t get to see.

Pete.

a lad I did music tours with always had his football with him and kicked it about at the stadiums so he could say he had played football at the stadiums.

Haha that’s good!
Glad it’s not just me. Phew, relief :laughing:

Yep me to, after recently joining facebook and getting in touch with loads of old school friends and teachers I find myself saying exactly the same thing.

Seriously though if ever a motorway comes on the telly I can’t help but try and spot myself or a colleague and often gesticulate (what a great word) to the wife that I’m on the TV.

Oh I do that too. I once saw myself (or should I say my wagon) on Police, camera, action, or some such thing, as a car was been chased by dibble.

i do it too :blush: I also :slight_smile: get the rolling eyes treatment

windrush:
Yes I do that at times, especially when somebody asks me which University I attended (yeah, as if!) and I tell them 'Warwick, Stoke, Nottingham, Derby and Sheffield which confuses/impresses them somewhat. What I don’t tell them is that we were only surfacing the car parks. :wink: .

I doubt it would look good if I put on my CV that I’ve been in most of the prisons between Berwick and Watford Gap

windrush:
Yes I do that at times, especially when somebody asks me which University I attended (yeah, as if!) and I tell them 'Warwick, Stoke, Nottingham, Derby and Sheffield which confuses/impresses them somewhat. What I don’t tell them is that we were only surfacing the car parks. :wink:

Driving tippers you do go to a lot of factories, airports and swanky houses though which the general public don’t get to see.

Pete.

I would tell 'em The University of Life, Pete.

Steve

peirre:

windrush:
Yes I do that at times, especially when somebody asks me which University I attended (yeah, as if!) and I tell them 'Warwick, Stoke, Nottingham, Derby and Sheffield which confuses/impresses them somewhat. What I don’t tell them is that we were only surfacing the car parks. :wink: .

I doubt it would look good if I put on my CV that I’ve been in most of the prisons between Berwick and Watford Gap

When I retired, there were 143 prisons in England and Wales and I’ve seen the inside of every one of them - plus Barlinnie!
Talk about a conversation stopper…

Steve

I often think I’m going somewhere I haven’t been before and get there, and even if I haven’t been to that exact place, I’ve been nearby before.

Often us some of the little rat runs or short cuts I learnt when I was going to the same tip a lot some years previously.

I watched it today, they were at Heinz in Wigan

I’ve been there :smiley: :sunglasses:

Big Roy:
I watched it today, they were at Heinz in Wigan

I’ve been there :smiley: :sunglasses:

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Ste46:

peirre:

windrush:

When I retired, there were 143 prisons in England and Wales and I’ve seen the inside of every one of them - plus Barlinnie!
Talk about a conversation stopper…

Steve

having been to all these prisons[delivering I hope lol]I cannot believe what these POs have to do, I went to wormwood once to deliver to the stores right around the back,it’s a big place and I said to the guy to jump in he replied he can’t and had to walk beside the vehicle as we went around at literally 2/3 mph,he had to do that with every vehicle that delivered,on the + side I suppose it kept him healthy

Nightlord:
So I’ve just been watching Inside The Factory and as it was at Nestlé York I said ‘I’ve been there!’ Then they moved to Thorntons Derbyshire and the old ‘I’ve been there’ popped out again.
I admit I do seem to do this quite often as we travel around … as my long suffering spouse rolls his eyes, again! :unamused:

saw that episode as well, imagine all that lovely chocolate that’s rejected for being broken or slightly out of shape,they should try selling it as it is,same as beer,if the tins are slightly dented they throw full cans in the skip,what a waste

I once delivered to Holloway and was running short of time so asked if they could give me bed for the night, was told No :slight_smile:

truckman020:

Nightlord:

saw that episode as well, imagine all that lovely chocolate that’s rejected for being broken or slightly out of shape,they should try selling it as it is,same as beer,if the tins are slightly dented they throw full cans in the skip,what a waste

I thought the same when delivering to superstores, the amount of totally unnecessary waste is criminal! Not even out of date, just a bit dented or battered

Here we are, lived in Oz since 1974 and I’m still bloody doing it. Trouble is, it seems to be fading quicker than ever now. I usually manage to get us lost at least once on our travels when we’re over there. :unamused:

truckman020:
having been to all these prisons[delivering I hope lol]I cannot believe what these POs have to do, I went to wormwood once to deliver to the stores right around the back,it’s a big place and I said to the guy to jump in he replied he can’t and had to walk beside the vehicle as we went around at literally 2/3 mph,he had to do that with every vehicle that delivered,on the + side I suppose it kept him healthy

We used to take stone etc into the Derbyshire open prisons, Sudbury and also Foston Hall womens prison, and we had to lock ourselves into the cab and the security guy walked alongside us and the contractors opened and closed the taildoor. One eight wheeler or a six and a four could go in together, it was the distance between the two sets of gates that governed that, and at Foston Hall the women would be shouting and swearing and flashing their ‘bits’ at us which was quite scary really!

Pete.