It's nearly Christmas

I saw my first Marshall’s unit with a Stobart trailer today :open_mouth:

I saw one on the A1 near Ferrybridge Tuesday and one on the M25 today :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Anyone heard any chrimbo songs on the radio yet?

:unamused: what a waste of a post :imp: it’s still November and Christmas will be the same time as it is every year!

I’m no Scrooge type but I delivered Christmas stuff 2 months ago :imp:

All this hype for 1 day to celebrate the supposedly birth of Christ - who most don’t believe anyway and never go to church :unamused:

It’s now for the children and only the children… Mine are all grown up and don’t need to be lied to about father Christmas so thankfully I’m well out of it :laughing:

Bet I get ribbed for this :stuck_out_tongue:

dri-diddly-iver:
:roll: :imp:

All this hype for 1 day
It’s now for the children and only the children…

+1

Read somewhere…

“God is only an imaginary friend for adults…”

That did make me laugh…

But just to add…

I can’t be arsed with Christmas anymore these days, seems to get earlier ever year.

Our twin boys’ birthday is mid November, and every year, we see people putting their Christmas trees up in October, so our kids are asking about that even before their birthday!!! :imp:

Just puts me off, so by the end of November, I’m sick of it… :cry:

Wasn’t this thread done last week?? Or is my computer palying up? I remember the Marshalls comments.

Goldilox:
Or is my computer palying up? .

It’s a possibility. :wink:

Muckaway:

Heard a bit of Shakin Stevens on GEM 106 on Monday night, first xmas song of the year I have heard.

neilp1982:

Muckaway:

Heard a bit of Shakin Stevens on GEM 106 on Monday night, first xmas song of the year I have heard.

Smooth Extra on DAB have been playing them constantly for several weeks

Driver-Once-More:

neilp1982:

Muckaway:

Smooth Extra on DAB have been playing them constantly for several weeks

I’ve got Smooth Xmas on my DAB radio. Loving it!

Goldilox:
Wasn’t this thread done last week?? Or is my computer palying up? I remember the Marshalls comments.

Didn’t Marshalls get mentioned t’other week … think it was in the post about some-one seeing their 1st wagon load of Christmas trees … think some-one said it wasn’t Christmas until Marshalls were pulling for Stobbies :question:

Can I take it that all the bah humbug, I don’t bother with it, it’s for the kids, non xmas types will be working the holidays, for single rate obviously, after all it’s just another day that means nothing.

I’m just watching TOTP 1980 on BBC 4 and jona Luie is on with send in the cavalry 35 years old[emoji33]

BillyHunt:
Can I take it that all the bah humbug, I don’t bother with it, it’s for the kids, non xmas types will be working the holidays, for single rate obviously, after all it’s just another day that means nothing.

Would you turn down your next pay rise because you’re coping on your currently salary? :open_mouth:

Goldilox:

Christmas is here :wink:

Evil8Beezle:

BillyHunt:

Would you turn down your next pay rise because you’re coping on your currently salary? :open_mouth:

No of course not, but then again I’m not complaining about pay rises, or whine on when pay rises come around every year, as in “oh no, it’s pay rise time again, I hate it, it should be for the new starters, I can’t even spend what they give me now” ok not that last one but you get the drift.
They’ll complain about it until the fat guys been, having spent the time ■■■■■■■ into the sofa watching the sound of music.

BillyHunt:

Evil8Beezle:

BillyHunt:

No of course not, but then again I’m not complaining about pay rises, or whine on when pay rises come around every year, as in “oh no, it’s pay rise time again, I hate it, it should be for the new starters, I can’t even spend what they give me now” ok not that last one but you get the drift.
They’ll complain about it until the fat guys been, having spent the time ■■■■■■■ into the sofa watching the sound of music.

Can’t see your logic.
You won’t turn down an opportunity (pay-rise or better Xmas rate) which are basically the same…
Who is complaining about being able to earn a better rate at Xmas?

I think you’re trying to link a humbug with a mug! :laughing:

I don’t particularly care about Xmas, and if the rate was there I wouldn’t turn it down.
However i’m not about to sign a contract at the same time to not moan about certain aspect of Xmas.

What has one got to do with the other?

Our yard at Appleton is full of bloody Marshalls and Challenge units!

The christmas tree farm place on the A40 near Eynsham opens today. Be careful as the giant inflatable waving santa that they put up causes an accident or two every year. Rear end shunts caused either by someone turning into the “farm” (just some posh diddycoys’ yard) or by parents anchoring up to show the kids “santa waving at them.”
Quite how the council give them planning permission is anyones’ guess, a short potholed track off a trunk road. :unamused: