Its coming tonight, the new generation Scania

The “New” Scania is to be unveiled in Paris tonightand TruckNets sister publications will be there. To follow the unveiling live for those on twitter follow @Trucksalt or @TruckNet_UK also on Facebook at truckanddriver.co.uk/big-lorry-blog/

You can tweet, for those inclined, your questions to our MD ( twitter.com/trucksalt ) and he will do his best to answer

Is there really anything new about it?

I’m…so…excited…

I see Volvo are trying to break the truck speed record tomorrow, crafty timing from them :smiley:

from what ive seen of the “scanias in disguise” riding around it just looks a little boxier than the current version :unamused:

inb4 Scania have been really clever and devious and those test trucks were a complete red herring, and the new truck looks something like that Walmart self driving prototype :laughing:

the new Scania has its big launch this afternoon, am no holding my breath cos anything would be an improvement on the now dated 4 series crap!!!

switchlogic:
I’m…so…excited…

I see Volvo are trying to break the truck speed record tomorrow, crafty timing from them :smiley:

See translation below.

Oh ■■■■ the new Scania is being launched today, I hope I’m still considered the country’s top trucker with my FH,hopefully my 750 will still top the heavy truck power table,even though it is 2 cylinders short, I want everyone to envy me still, I have nailed my colours very clearly to the Volvo mast and hate the fact that Scania’s are always considered superior and have a the mighty V8 :grimacing:

R143-500:

switchlogic:
I’m…so…excited…

See translation below.

Oh [zb] the new Scania is being launched today, I hope I’m still considered the country’s top trucker with my FH,hopefully my 750 will still top the heavy truck power table,even though it is 2 cylinders short, I want everyone to envy me still, I have nailed my colours very clearly to the Volvo mast and hate the fact that Scania’s are always considered superior and have a the mighty V8 :grimacing:

Now now children

R143-500:

switchlogic:
I’m…so…excited…

See translation below.

Oh [zb] the new Scania is being launched today, I hope I’m still considered the country’s top trucker with my FH,hopefully my 750 will still top the heavy truck power table,even though it is 2 cylinders short, I want everyone to envy me still, I have nailed my colours very clearly to the Volvo mast and hate the fact that Scania’s are always considered superior and have a the mighty V8 :grimacing:

You never did reply to my take down of your ridiculous Scania vs Volvo post did you… :smiley:

As for always considered superior…you don’t seem to have read this thread let alone much of this forum. Wishful thinking old chap, Wishful thinking. Its not even considered superior in the VW Group, playing second fiddle to MAN :wink:

switchlogic:
I’m…so…excited…

Hopefully they’ll do better than their last attempt.21st century tech v an Ozzy using 1970’s tech built in his shed around 5 years earlier. :laughing: :laughing:

motormag.com.au/news/1608/vo … cord-truck

youtube.com/watch?v=kFJYqILwa1U

16141-864.jpg

16158-070.jpg

S cab Highline 16049-049.jpgand here it is

:laughing:

R143-500:

switchlogic:
I’m…so…excited…

See translation below.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Inside looks great, though still nowhere near enough flat surfaces, outside, bit bland, bit meh.

Punchy Dan:
:lol:

R143-500:

switchlogic:
I’m…so…excited…

See translation below.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

To be fair I nail my colours to the mast of whatever truck I’m enjoying driving at the time. Once Scania, once Mercedes, currently Volvo. Was ironic though getting a dig from a man totally totally obsessed by everything Scania :smiley:

That bed looks narrow and I can’t see much room or facility on the passenger side for a fold out table on the fuse box (like mine :laughing: :wink:)
Today I was sitting in a preped unregister v8 520 today with kitchen pack and part Griffin interior (air con seats ect) and I think I prefer that.

some more details can be found here or in Thursdays Commercial Motor

Drift:
That bed looks narrow and I can’t see much room or facility on the passenger side for a fold out table on the fuse box (like mine :laughing: :wink:)
Today I was sitting in a preped unregister v8 520 today with kitchen pack and part Griffin interior (air con seats ect) and I think I prefer that.

the bunk looks a fair size to me and I like the built in flat area in the dash

I do like scanias (despite the username) but that just looks like an actros with daf style top lights. Even the dash could be straight out of mercs parts bin :open_mouth:

I didn’t see that picture, looks better from that angle, I still don’t see the flat usable space on the passenger side, unless it folds away like the current version?
It may look better or more detailed in the flesh but clearer well lit photos like they have in the sales brochures would be better.

Edit, as usable space on the dash I meant inward part of the dash not under the screen :wink:

Drift:
I didn’t see that picture, looks better from that angle, I still don’t see the flat usable space on the passenger side, unless it folds away like the current version?
It may look better or more detailed in the flesh but clearer well lit photos like they have in the sales brochures would be better.

Scania never seem to have been a fan of giving drivers flat usable space on the dash. Suppose it keeps truck table manufacturers in business!