Italy to bologna

PLEASE CAN ANY ONE HELP. AFTER TELLING BRUCE & JOHN AT ARCHBOLD TO GO AND “F” THE JOB FOR PAYING 2200 ROUND TRIP FROM LEEDS TO MILAN AND BACK. I STOPPED TRADING. IVE BEEN DRIVING IN ENGLAND FOR A COMPANY FOR THE LAST 3 MONTHS. ITS NOW DRIVING ME MAD BY NOT DRIVING TO ITALY. IVE BEEN LOOKING FOR MY OWN WORK.AND IT LOOKS LIKE IVE CRACKED IT. IT MEANS IVE GOT TO START LOOKING FOR A TRUCK& TRAILER AGAIN. SO THE INFO I NEED IS WHICH IS THE BEST WAY TO GO FROM LUX. IVE ALWAYS GO FREIBURG TO NOVARA AND AT OFF PEAK TIMES ITS 880 EUROS RTN. + 62 FRENCH TO STRASSBOURG THEN GERMAN OFFENBURG TO TRAIN WHICH IS 15EUROS RTN. HOW MUCH IS IT BY SWISS OR BRENNER TO BOLOGNA MANY THANS DAZ

dholmes05:
PLEASE CAN ANY ONE HELP.

Aye, Daz, I can help. Turn the caps lock off. It’s considered shouting and bad form.

Cheers. :wink:

For those that were deafened, this might be easier on the eyes:

dholmes05:
Please can any one help?

After telling Bruce & John at Archbold to go and “f” the job for paying 2200 round trip from Leeds to Milan and back, I stopped trading. I’ve been driving in England for a company for the last 3 months. It’s now driving me mad by not driving to Italy. I’ve been looking for my own work and it looks like I’ve cracked it. It means I’ve got to start looking for a truck & trailer again, so the info I need is: Which is the best way to go from Lux? I’ve always go Freiburg to Novara and at off-peak times its 880 euros rtn. + 62 French to Strassbourg then German Offenburg to train which is 15 euros rtn. How much is it by Swiss or Brenner to Bologna?

Many thanks, Daz

Good luck on getting a reply.

Iam very sorry. I didnt think about the caps being on. Please can any one help. Iwill be running at 31 t . is it cheaper to run swiss or brenner. Because ive only done the train in the last 3 years.And you now dont get any dicount on the train being under 34t. many thanks daz

Through the Blanc. Switzerland is too expensive and too much agro.

Thanks for that Ive never don the blanc. where can i buy the tickets from. ive been told they are about £360 rtn from horbour shipping at dover.

4 euro 2-3-4
Vehicles with three or more axles with total height greater than 3m = 382.20euro = £288.45

4 euro 1
Vehicles with three or more axles with total height greater than 3m = 404.40euro = £305.21

prices paying at the tunnel

Easiest just to buy a return ticket at the toll booth when you get there. They take DKV, UTA etc.

It’s a lovely drive too, over Mont Blanc.

you got to think about french road tolls when going to the blanc or frejus.
at least going through swiss,you can get to the swiss border cheap enough coming from lux.
the paperwork has never changed and is easy enough,now made easier when you get the id card for your truck of the swiss customs…
for me its swiss anytime.
when you arrive at chiasso,its a handy drive to bologna,you will do it in one shift if theres no traffic problems.

Thanks for that greg. Ive been told that you cant drive after 4pm. Is it the same procedure coming back at customs at como. Thanks daz

We find that Switzerland is very expensive for the Transit Tax

And they keep wanting to stick you in that bloody convoy thing.

biggusdickusgb Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:23 pm Post subject:

4 euro 2-3-4
Vehicles with three or more axles with total height greater than 3m = 382.20euro = £288.45

4 euro 1
Vehicles with three or more axles with total height greater than 3m = 404.40euro = £305.21

prices paying at the tunnel

Have I misread this? I’m only getting 1.22e to the £

dholmes05:
Thanks for that greg. Ive been told that you cant drive after 4pm. Is it the same procedure coming back at customs at como. Thanks daz

you can drive from 5 am untill 22.00 hrs.
dont be caught outside these hours or you will wish youhad paid the road tolls through france.
swiss police are not afraid to slap heavy fines on you.

they carry out regular road checks.i never had a prob with them though.
i was in swiss only 6 weeks ago and i cant remember how much the days tax is.somone else on here will know.
you have to use that machine pictured above to pay with your card.
definitley the handiest way to italy.,and i did italy for 20 years solid.

it is the same on the return jouney,most of the italian freight companies will do the transit docs for you.
you would have to get an agent at basle to do your transit doc,again i dont know how much these would be and would depend on how many sads you need.
you could get them in dover as well,now with the pound so weak,that would be a sensible option.

sorry mike, i haven’t been over for quite a while
i just looked at the 1st currency chart i came to and it said 1.32 so i calculated on that price.

Well thanks for all your help. I think i might stick wilth the train. its only 440 euros one way. IT looks like i be no better off going swiss or blanc. many thanks daz

no problem biggus, just thought I might have to have word’s with the bank manager! :laughing:

The best way to get through the swiss is
via the train,WHY it allows you to arrive
at Novera with a clean disk, and avoiding
all the problems that go with transiting
the swiss by road, TRAFFIC JAMS;
QUEUES for the customs, and the
Gotthard tunnel, plus the traffic checks
by the swiss police , oh yeh also the
queue for entering Swiss as well from France or Germany,

by the way you can carry 42tn if you
prebook, also returning emptey
is cheaper as well ,if you get a place on the train,
IF you have a fax with a confirmened booking
for sundaynight you can drive on sunday
just check with the booking office in
Freiburg ,they will spaek english as well,

Thanks for that train it is. what about the train from singen to milano . Do you have any info on that. I ve looked at www.ralpin .ch. Good prices. but i dont know if its any good. thanks daz

Darren freiburg -novera is the better way to go
if you can get a confirmened place , you will need a sleeping bag plus take some eating and drinks with you,
plus on the train you need to carry your passport
just in case they decide to do a check as its a bloody long way to walk to your wagon when they stop the train
it takes around 9hours plus and you are 30mins from milano,you may find the ride a bit rough,however
I still consider it better than getting mucked about
transitting swiss,and its cheaper than doing the blanc,or
frejus with the tunnel and road charges in france,

Thanks for that pete . Ive been told the next juntion up from the turn off to the train on the A4 you can park up. and have a meal. its british owned. Ive tried looking for it . but couldnt find it. Do you where it could be. Thanks darren