Italy to bologna

Darren , thats news to me so if you find out please
post then if and when i get down that way, i will pay a vist, might even be able then to get a english breakfast
done properly at last,

Hi, go swiss it’s not that expensive i.e Calais-Brussels-Lux only 8 euros vignette then Metz-Nancy-Epinal-Pontarlier-Vallorbe swiss border and no Tolls and over the Simplon approx 150 euros and the views are great !

Sorry forgot about T forms from Schoppach 28 euros plus you do not get the traffic hold ups,

Regards

Tony

If you have time and money to spend then yes go by road,but you lose out, by takeing longer, use more of your driveing time, fuel, wear&tear on the lorry and trailer,possible holdups,from traffic jams, or queue
for the customs,plus points for the road, nice scencery,
good ride on the road,sleeping in your truck cabin,
Now the train, you should make it in a 10 hr shift from Calais , clean disk when you arrive at
novera Italy, no holdups at border points,gotthard tunnel,30mins from Milano,you can drive in germany when catching the train on a sunday,(must carry fax confirming your place on the train) The holiday season 30th june–31st aug as for saturday it depends on what restrictions that they put in place this year as each year they change their minds,also
no charges for the swiss, or french roads,
NOW minus POINTS for the train, you have to share a cabin, take your own sleeping gear(sleepingbag) also something to eat-drink, need to carry your passport in case of swiss passport checks,
some people say the train is a rough ride
and they can,t sleep, possible holdups
when either a strike or a avalanche (not happened now for good 15yearsplus)
Due to how transport has changed it makes sense to take the quickest way to a customer if one can save money, also getting the load there quicker means you can reload and be homefaster

sorry it may well be out of date but i used to go mont geneve after cenis had the limit on, but then again the size of my tanks allowed me to use any route[snap on snap off ]