HI MY NAMES BOB CAIRNS AND FOR THOSE FORMER ITALIEN DRIVERS
WHO DONT KNOW ABOUT THIS EVENT WE HAVE HAD A REUNION EVERY
CHRISTMAS FOR THE LAST 6 YEARS AND IT HAS BEEN VERY WELL
ATTENDED AND A GREAT TIME HAS BEEN HAD BY ALL. THIS YEARS
REUNION WILL BE AT THE
KNIGHT OF AVELEY (PUBLIC HOUSE)
DARENTH LANE
SOUTH OCKENDON
ESSEX RM15 5LY ( ON SATURDAY 1ST DECEMBER)
THE PUB IS RUN BY A FORMER DRIVER AND ALL ARE MADE WELCOME
RECORD ATTENDANCE SO FAR HAS BEEN 62 SO MAYBE THIS YEAR
WE CAN BEAT THAT RECORD. ANY ONE WHO WOULD LIKE SOME MORE
INFORMATION ON THIS EVENT CAN PHONE ME ON 07768-696214
WELL I HOPE YOU CAN MAKE IT ITS A GASSSSSSS :stuck_out_tongue:

hi bob having just read your post im hoping you can help me im looking for a driver i new as spud i went with him to italy in the late 80,s to verona.the company he worked for was furnishings italia which had a depot in verona and cannock staffs.the trucks were at the time volvo F6/7 artics all white with company name in black trailers were step frame boxvans.if no one remembers spud do you know if anyone remembers seeing the trucks and a long shot have any photos of them
cheers carl :slight_smile: :wink:

CANT HELP YOU ON THIS ONE BUT WATCH THIS SPACE COS SOONE THAN LATER SOMEONE WILL GIVE YOU THE INFO
YOU REQUIRE GOOD LUCK WITH YER QUEST :sunglasses:

Will they all be shouting at the re-union…?

YES HARRY ITS JUST LIKE BEING IN THE BAKEHOUSE, CARISIO
MONKEY HOUSE OR ANY OTHER WATERING HOLE IN EUROPE
HAHAHA WHY YOU COMING■■? :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

YES MATE I REMEMBER YOU WELL HOW ARE YOU? TRIED TO E MAIL YOU
WITH NO JOY BUT YOU HAVE ALL THE DETAILS NOW SO GET INTO GEAR
AND COME IN DECEMBER WILL BE GOOD TO SEE YOU ALL DONS OLD DRIVERS WILL BE THERE OR IF YOU WANT GIVE ME A BELL HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON.
BOB LETS CRACK ON TO MACON :smiley:

Olio

Turn your caps off old friend, it’s classed as shouting. I remember you as quite a softly spoken fellah. LOL

Take care

Steve Holman (ex SCA and Eurohaul circa 1965 to 1973)

rexyu:
Olio

Turn your caps off old friend, it’s classed as shouting. I remember you as quite a softly spoken fellah. LOL

Take care

Steve Holman (ex SCA and Eurohaul circa 1965 to 1973)

He’s already got the message and quietened down Steve, that post above which shattered your ears was before he became ‘Whispering Bob’. :wink: :laughing:
Just a thought though Bob, shouldn’t a reunion for Italiens be a little nearer to err…Italy? :confused: Say, the Bakehouse? :wink:
All you UK based lot could hire a minibus but there aren’t enough to do the same from here. :cry:

Wouldn’t that be a thing David. All meeting up at the Bakehouse.

Not me, I’m afraid. I’m not too well these days.

Steve

Now that is a brilliant idea! but one i dont think the Italiens would want another dose of us lot and also we would need a air ambulance to get that load
of geriatrics down there plus we all owe to much money on knocked road tolls
to ever return. Rome auotopista “Mi dispiace niente monie senor” cor that rings a bell LOL :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

CRACK ON TO MACON:
. Rome auotopista “Mi dispiace niente monie senor” cor that rings a bell LOL :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Reminds me of when the Italians were running short of money and the piaggios wre giving change in gettonis for the telephone, and even boiled sweets. :laughing:
BTW Bob, didn’t I ask you if you were in touch with any WhiteTrux lads? And in particular Pathfinder from Sheppey?
OMG you aren’t Pathfinder are you? :laughing: :laughing:

I remember when they were giving us change in boiled sweets David. Wasn’t it because the value of the metal in the coins, or some of them, exceeded the coin value? The Japponese twigged it and bought up all the loose change.

The first time I was given sweets instead of change, I lost my temper and hurled them in the poor guy’s face and drove off.

rexyu:
I remember when they were giving us change in boiled sweets David. Wasn’t it because the value of the metal in the coins, or some of them, exceeded the coin value? The Japponese twigged it and bought up all the loose change.

The first time I was given sweets instead of change, I lost my temper and hurled them in the poor guy’s face and drove off.

Why :question: :confused: Don’t you like sweets :question: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I used to really like the sweets and got quite shirty when there wasn,t any.Or should that be was nut any. Used to cause havoc with the expense sheet.

I like sweets as much as the next man. I also prefer money better.

yes mate sorry you did i only really knew tony buckle on whitetrux i always found them a funny lot but there you go. as for the island only been here eight
weeks and aint appy cos i i cant call myself a Swampy cos i was not born here
but bi have been accepted into the grand order of the amber nectar so im
appy again :smiley: :smiley: :open_mouth:

as it appens if my fuzzy brain serves me right they even gave you postage stamps as change. and no sorry mate i aint pathfinder

In reply to rexyus post prefering money to sweets,I can understand that.However I worked it out once.The value of the sweets.were about 8 lira.At the time there were 2500 lira to the pound. Therefore 8 lira was worth about hardly nothing.The sweets were better.

I’ve just shown my dad this topic, as he used to go to Italy nearly every week while driving for Smiths of Scotter. He’s interested, although he says he might not be able to make it down there unfortunately.

Bananaman:
I’ve just shown my dad this topic, as he used to go to Italy nearly every week while driving for Smiths of Scotter. He’s interested, although he says he might not be able to make it down there unfortunately.

im sure he will be there in spirit,if not in body. ill have his share of the ale.