It is a wonder people don't like us

Pics taken yesterday in a layby on the A44 near Kington and before we blame Johnny Foreigner I pass this layby regularly and I normally only see British trucks overnighting in there!!

Is that a parrot in the first picture?

That blue crate would come in handy.

ezydriver:

thats what i thought too

whats wrong with bagging it and waiting till your in an msa or even shove it in a customers bin scruffy barstools

ezydriver:

Didn’t notice that until you mentioned it, It does look like one :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I’m not 100% sure I didn’t get to close :open_mouth: but I trhink it was a bag of ■■■■. :wink: :slight_smile:

ezydriver:

Its not just a parrot its a M&S parrot.

It amazes me how people can pass a HGV test, yet cannot use a toilet and prefer to abandon Bungles’ lovechild in a layby.

oatcake1967:
That blue crate would come in handy.

I thought that mate, I checked it out… it’s got a bloody hole in the bottom, and a split in one side. :cry: :laughing:

Whilst littering of any kind should be condemned looking at some in those pictures I don’t think it fair to assume it has all come from lorries a fair bit of it looks to be household waste fly tipping. As someone who spends two weeks away at a time I don’t think I could manage to a fill a black bin liner with rubbish in that time. Also wouldn’t do the council any harm to put a bin or two there either while there will always be the idiot who will find the 10 foot walk to the bin to far most people would use it.

Anyone can pass an LGV test.The problem is selfish people that only think of themselves.
They have no respect for anyone or anything.
Probably the same ones that drive like idiots on our roads everyday.
SCUM of the earth.

I never park o/night in lay bys, but that is one of the reasons that you have been forced into parking in them, because of the mess and ■■■■ that was left in designated town truck parks in the past, resulting in them closing, parks that more often than not had facilities provided for you to dispose of said general crap, but were ignored. The same reason that a lot of industrial ests now prohibit parking :bulb:
So for all the uncivilised, uneducated, anti-social ■■■■ pesants amongst us drivers, that give people like me a bad name (of which there are many :smiling_imp:) you have only yourselves to blame :bulb: ,… and it appears that you are now evidently turning lay bys into ■■■■ holes. :unamused:

Whilst I’m not going to defend truck drivers, littering seems to be a disease that goes through British society, just look down the side of any road you’ll see collections of bottles, wrappers, fast food containers and bags. There is a back roads round here, is not used by lorries or many cars really, but when they cut the hedge back a few weeks back all you could see in the verges was litter. :imp:

You notice the difference most when you go to somewhere like Germany or Austria and see how clean their country is, makes me angry and ashamed of my own country.

At Lincoln Farm Cafe on the exit gate there is a huge wheely bin.Amazing how so many can not throw their rubbish in there and drop it in the road by the bin.
The French have a clever system at road side rest areas.
They have a very deep hole in the ground and in the hole is a very big plastic bin with a tub shape top cover that you put rubbish in.When the bin is full it is hooked out by a small crane lorry and replaced with an empty giant tub.

Why does the government not recruit these Jeremy Kyle type deadlegs that treat the dole as a lifestyle rather than a temporary measure (or “jobseekers” yeh right :unamused: ) to sort out the litter problem on road sides, M.way slip roads, and lay bys, give them all the H&S kit, a few bin bags and a litter picker thingy and make the ■■■■■■■ s work for their dole,…double bubble, the unemployment figures come down, and our countryside is cleaned up :bulb:

Yup I’m an HGV Driver tramp the uk I see it everywhere morons dumping rubbish.i bag mine and save it until I can get to a suitable bin.
I would not blame the foreign truckers I would rather have them than some of the dirty people we have to work with.
Two weeks ago me and another colleague were sitting at a Scotish NDC at first I could not believe my ears.a fine specimen of a ■■■■■■ proceeded to inform everybody as to how he enjoys tramping, and how about the Wednesday he usually has a wee treat maybe a currie or an Indian. And his punch line was the fact he has to get up in the morning and defecate in a plastic back.

I have a dog that is cleaner than people like that scum we have to work beside.

Mrgee1956:
And his punch line was the fact he has to get up in the morning and defecate in a plastic back.

least he doesn’t just pull cheeks apart and have a dump in a layby for you to step in :confused:

robroy:
Why does the government not recruit these Jeremy Kyle type deadlegs that treat the dole as a lifestyle rather than a temporary measure (or “jobseekers” yeh right :unamused: ) to sort out the litter problem on road sides, M.way slip roads, and lay bys, give them all the H&S kit, a few bin bags and a litter picker thingy and make the [zb] s work for their dole,…double bubble, the unemployment figures come down, and our countryside is cleaned up :bulb:

I have seen a group on “community service” picking litter on roads. But really we need to be changing attitudes in our society about littering than expecting people to pick them up.

My grandfather had people fly tipping on his land, went on for some while, so he went through the bags, found an address and took the bags back and left them on thier doorstep, didn’t happen again. :laughing:

How often do you follow a car or a truck down a road and something comes flying out of their window?
Probably the same ones that walk down the street and just throw their rubbish down instead of using a bin.
Dregs of society.

I do wonder what foreign visitors and tourists think of the acrid stale nose burning odour of urine in all UK Msa’s.
Even in Winter the stench is over whelming and can make you puke.This is near food preparation areas.
A badgers armpit smells better.
Some of the Turkish drivers can wait weeks for a reload out of the UK and have no loo to use.The council could provide portaloos for them.
As mentioned countries like Switzerland,Austria and Germany, you see no litter.
The public loos are amazing with robotic self cleaning loo seat covers.A disinfectant mop goes in a 360 degree loop around the loo seat.You pay the attendant a fee,you are given a voucher to get money off for a drink or food in the cafe.

mazzer:
As someone who spends two weeks away at a time I don’t think I could manage to a fill a black bin liner with rubbish in that time.

i could in a week away quite easly, but mine goes in carrier bags and when they are full they are chucked in a bin somewhere, it isnt really that difficult :neutral_face:

everywhere you go has biffa bins of all different sizes.

this problem isnt just scruffy lorry drivers, ive been in traffic and seen mcdonalds bags come out of the windows off bmw’s and the like.