Isle of Sheppey Bridge multiple pile up in fog [Merged]

kentonline.co.uk/times_guard … sing-5587/

No surprise really; it’s been quite foggy this morning yet half of the drivers did not turn on any light, many of other half only had sidelights or daytime lights on…
And the fashion of closely following the vehicle in front of you, regardless of speed…

Must be a world record attempt for the most amount of stupid people in one place!! Drive to the conditions… Lights ON!! And SLOW DOWN!!

Love one of the witness comments
The whole top of the bridge is full of mangled cars and lorries. There are cars with their roofs ripped off - one is five feet in the air.
Have a closer look mate, it’s on a transporter :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Its been a bad en here uk.news.yahoo.com/live-coverage/?vp=1

More on here
kentonline.co.uk/times_guard … sing-5587/

All very lucky people

That could have been so much worse, but apparently people were driving at 70 with no lights on. One guy said a HGV blocked access to the dual carriage way which if correct good job to him that’s quite a move to make.

Same old [zb] driving on the limiter in poor visibility, see it all the time. No sympathy.

I think I saw a damaged LGV driver training truck in that lot

Hyburnate:
One guy said a HGV blocked access to the dual carriage way which if correct good job to him that’s quite a move to make.

Quick thinking and good on him for doing it.

He is now being widely reported as probably saving countless lives.

ROG:
I think I saw a damaged LGV driver training truck in that lot

Correct you did. Goes to show how observent you are :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I told all these people about my FOG RADAR.

Now they’re queing up to buy it in droves.

I can feel their love.

I’m gonna call it RADAR LOVE.

There will be a shed load of whiplash claims here then.

bald bloke:
There will be a shed load of whiplash claims here then.

Yes - I’ve heard that Claims Direct are having an ■■■■■■ at the moment.

Driving standards are getting worse by the day. Doesn’t surprise me.

FarnboroughBoy11:
Driving standards are getting worse by the day. Doesn’t surprise me.

I think it’s more a case of everybody seems to be in a hurry nowadays especially in the morning.

Heard this on the radio this morning and thought they had made a mistake when they said there was 100 vehicles involved!:o:o

snowman77:
All very lucky people

Indeed, very similar to the M5 crash in 2011 where 7 people died. That was also a massive pile up. They have had a lucky escape.

I hope there insurance refuses to pay I was coming into London 3 am onwards and the standard of driving was awfull!
There is only one way a pile up like that can happen and that’s speeding, tailgating and not driving to the conditions.

I’m glad now one died but every single one of them should be put on a course to learn how to drive,

At one point visibility was down to 10-20 metres and trucks and cars came past me on the limiter with either no lights or sidelights,

It’s there own stupidity,