Is your firm honoring the queens bank holiday?

Of course not - if the wheels ain’t turnin’, nobodys earnin’!

i`m self employed,so yes, i will give myself the day off to celebrate this truely wonderous event :slight_smile:

SwedishSteel:
Of course not - if the wheels ain’t turnin’, nobodys earnin’!

I refuse to allow myself time off, especially if a customer is willing to pay at least double time, or sunday/bank holiday rates that day. I prefer to profit, while the toffs celibrate and the surfs doff their caps to em. Then I`ll spend my profits celibrating MY holiday…Cheers

but it`s the queens 50th wedding anniversary,our generation will never see the like again… :wink:

commonrail:
i`m self employed,so yes, i will give myself the day off to celebrate this truely wonderous event :slight_smile:

Because your self employed is the reason you should be making more money that day

commonrail:
but it`s the queens 50th wedding anniversary,our generation will never see the like again… :wink:

… and 50+ years we`ve been paying to keep the toff in a higher standard of living than we are unlikely to experience, something “our generation will never see”

Peirre
Vive la République

yes,but she does a good job…travelling all over the world at her age can`t be easy

and look at prince philip,only days after undergoing major heart surgery he was out killing stuff on his norfolk estate…the man is an inspiration :sunglasses:

amazon.co.uk/Queen-I-Sue-Tow … 263&sr=1-7

Product Description

A seminal comic masterpiece of our time, now published for the first time in Penguin.

THE MONARCHY HAS BEEN DISMANTLED

When a Republican party wins the General Election, their first act in power is to strip the royal family of their assets andtitles and send them to live on a housing estate in the Midlands.

Exchanging Buckingham Palace for a two-bedroomed semi in Hell Close (as the locals dub it), caviar for boiled eggs, servants for a social worker named Trish, the Queen and her family learn what it means to be poor among the great unwashed. But is their breeding sufficient to allow them to rise above their changed circumstance or deep down are they really just like everyone else?

DADDY LONGLEGS:
is your company giving you the day off, or telling you its a normal working day?

I work 5 on 3 off so that carries on throughout the year and I am rostered to work that day but I will gain an extra days leave to take at my leisure so yes they are honouring it.

I should think I’ll be working.

But what I really want to know is if the ■■■ Pistols will be allowed to take part in the flottilla of boats on the Thames, After all it was thier idea just 30 years to early. :laughing:

merc0447:
Yes 34 days instead of 33 days that’s 2 years in a row with the wedding last year too. God save the queen and her kin :grimacing:

+1

commonrail:
and look at prince philip,only days after undergoing major heart surgery he was out killing stuff on his norfolk estate…the man is an inspiration :sunglasses:

i wouldnt exactly call having a stent fitted as major heart surgery.

Who?

Depends what shifts i’m working, but if i’m due to be in then I will be in. Only public holidays I get off is Christmas and Boxing day and new years day. Anything else I have to take off as holidays :slight_smile:

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

I’ll be working either for myself (unpaid) or someone else (paid).

Hope Betty Windsor has a lovely day and the English masses enjoy their ‘bread and circuses’ but I’ve got a life.

scotstrucker:

commonrail:

i wouldnt exactly call having a stent fitted as major heart surgery.

it is when you`re 90

DADDY LONGLEGS:
is your company giving you the day off?

Yep

working no matter waht bank holidays are good earners for me normal day off the firm plus £10 a hour plus mileage and trailer bouns so well worth it for me 250 plus if i get 15s in that is

jonnytruckfest:
Depends what shifts i’m working, but if i’m due to be in then I will be in. Only public holidays I get off is Christmas and Boxing day and new years day. Anything else I have to take off as holidays :slight_smile:

Cheers

I wouldnt worry too much about it mate, you will have probably already quit by then… :laughing:

andi_cardiff:

jonnytruckfest:

Cheers

I wouldnt worry too much about it mate, you will have probably already quit by then… :laughing:

Yeah alright then :unamused: