Is this satnav any good?

Hi all, I am a new member of the forum.
I have been doing agency driving for the last couple of months (Just 7.5T and Minibus work on my grandfather rights - going for my class2 through the TA soon, hopefully before moving up to bigger stuff). I soon learned that the satnav was a good idea, especially on multidrop work, and have been using my phone’s satnav capability, but its pretty limited, it lags - causing issues at roundabouts, etc, and it is small (Samsung Galaxy Ace), and it is not fixed on position, so I have ordered one of these:

ebay.co.uk/itm/New-7-INCH-HD … RTM1572015

I am now just a little worried that at £51, it is perhaps too good to be true - most of the feedback is good for the seller, but there is the occasional one saying ‘maps won’t update’ or suchlike.
Does anyone have any experience of this type of satnav? It seems to be just a Tablet, with Satnav software on, rather than the traditional £500+ ‘proper’ satnavs,

Looks like the one ive got .I can’t update the maps ive no idea how you have to download the maps then unzip
them then do some think else.Mine won’t let me go through Dartford tunnel but will let me across the bridge.
Games on it are great i like connect 5 called some think else on satnav

OK - but they do give you a link to update the maps?
If I figure it out, I will let you know how!

I bought mine from the same seller am perfectly happy with it.

I’ve bought two of these on behalf of friends, and tried them out …excellent tools… maps are easy to update…The guy I got them off emailed instructions on request, which I still have if anybody needs them…

Brilliant, thanks - you have made me much happier!

Kate:
I’ve bought two of these on behalf of friends, and tried them out …excellent tools… maps are easy to update…The guy I got them off emailed instructions on request, which I still have if anybody needs them…

Hello Kate would you send them to me please,I tried but gave up.
As for the sat nav with common sence it works fine.

Kate:

Me to please kate
Mine arrived last week,i have been for I trial run, but as I am on holiday till Thursday, I havn’t had chance yet to try it properly,
as I have 14 days to return it, I want to make sure im happy with it
I have, tried to download them, but havn’t a clue how to unzip them,

regards
tonyb

tonyb70:

Kate:

Me to please kate
Mine arrived last week,i have been for I trial run, but as I am on holiday till Thursday, I havn’t had chance yet to try it properly,
as I have 14 days to return it, I want to make sure im happy with it
I have, tried to download them, but havn’t a clue how to unzip them,

regards
tonyb

You need winzip on ya computer to unzip the file!

iv had one a week now ,think its very good. excellent loud verbal warning of speeding/for speed cameras a loud chirping noise

Kate:
… maps are easy to update…The guy I got them off emailed instructions on request, which I still have if anybody needs them…

can I have them ■■ the Chinese English destruction booklet is ■■■ :frowning:

I have one and found the update process straightforward enough.

Sounds like a winner.

please pm me how to update maps as I have the same sat nav. thanks m8

Kate:

Can i have them as well please .

I will send to those that asked…Do you all just want UK maps updating ? or any specific countries ? Cos I shall send you both the map files and the instructions (when I’ve re-written them into something a little more understandable :slight_smile:

Kate

Shandy123:
Hi all, I am a new member of the forum.
I have been doing agency driving for the last couple of months (Just 7.5T and Minibus work on my grandfather rights - going for my class2 through the TA soon, hopefully before moving up to bigger stuff). I soon learned that the satnav was a good idea, especially on multidrop work, and have been using my phone’s satnav capability, but its pretty limited, it lags - causing issues at roundabouts, etc, and it is small (Samsung Galaxy Ace), and it is not fixed on position, so I have ordered one of these:

ebay.co.uk/itm/New-7-INCH-HD … RTM1572015

I am now just a little worried that at £51, it is perhaps too good to be true - most of the feedback is good for the seller, but there is the occasional one saying ‘maps won’t update’ or suchlike.
Does anyone have any experience of this type of satnav? It seems to be just a Tablet, with Satnav software on, rather than the traditional £500+ ‘proper’ satnavs,

I have one or a very similar one, it’s not fool proof, I seem to find that no matter what it doesn’t divert you round width restrictions, but being a new driver I don’t know about the times it does divert you

uk m8

fingermissing:

Kate:

Can i have them as well please .

Thank you got them.

Well - it arrived this aft, seems ok, but cant seem to find how to enter just a post code yet?
Perhaos you could email me those instructions too, kate?
Cheers.