is this right ?

the vast majority of staff at Turners of Soham are Polish ? Dont know if Im wrong and my brother tells me that hes just loaded at Grampian Foods with Chickens in Chester tonight and again its swamped with Poles…

Now fair play to anybdy getting off their backsides and go in search and doing jobs nobody wants to do or cant do but when it comes to taking the livelihoods off other people then its a joke

Grampian at Sandycroft certainly employ a lot of foreign labour. In fairness I know someone who temped there once, it sounds extremely unpleasant and I would guess that they struggle to recruit. These firms tend to employ foreigners as the Brits won’t touch the work, for any wage.

Routier where have you been loading out of the last few years? I don’t think i have gone to many places without a predominantly Eastern European workforce. Especially so with food production or manual handling, i would say once a week i would ask where the toilets where or where the coffe machine was and i get ‘no speak English sorry’. Makes you kinda laugh when the government estimate about a million or just less have come here, i reckon if they done a head count it would be more than double that. Not so sure they are taking jobs of anybody though, for lots of different reasons.

Turner’s has always had a lot of pols I dunno if if it used to be due to there international work relations (Hargrave, Profresh)
But nowdays its more due to the govornment & wages & its everywhere now.

They are even in a lot of uk trucks now so you wont know till its to late & no im not being prejudice as that would make it easier to slate em. I see em every day where i am they cant speak the language & cant read maps, they,ve been causing havock by tacking restricted routes & braking weight restrictions.

Heck they are now being sent out in pairs for translation perpos’s (Lost me Dictionary :laughing: )

I may sound a bit racist @times but beleive me Im not everyone deserves a chance to get started. I beleive that start should be understanding the languige/lingo.(Dictionary Again :smiley: )

Rant Over :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

routier:
Now fair play to anybdy getting off their backsides and go in search and doing jobs nobody wants to do or cant do but when it comes to taking the livelihoods off other people then its a joke

What a load of rubbish. If the jobs were filled by locals in the first place, the Poles wouldn’t be able to would they?

Simple fact is Brits don’t want to do that type of work.

They’re not taking work off anyone. Go push your BNP crap somewhere else.

Conor:

routier:

What a load of rubbish. If the jobs were filled by locals in the first place, the Poles wouldn’t be able to would they?

What the ■■ r you on ?BNP CRAP ? If the companies paid the right money in the first place there wouldnt be the vacancies would there PLUS I was getting at the fact that they are taking HGV jobs off decent people here and DOING YOUR JOB FOR LESS

U Tool, Wake up and smell the coffee

Its not just ireland then.Comin outa cork this eve heard 2 eastern bloc voices havin conversation on cb.Was surprised to see them drivin for dj downey.Was even more surpised when i tried to pass the first one at mitchelstown and he sauntered across into the fast lane and sat there. :imp:

Like I said Im not against anyone bettering themselves but it should not be to the detriment of others.

Peoples livelihoods should not be sacrificed for cheap labour simple… If it continues people will be on the dole and on the poverty bread line simple…emulating our eastern cousins who have left their very home for that reason.

Conor:

routier:

Conor My dad is a bricklayer working in a 2 &1 gang building houses on a self employed basis. The British gangs were laid off to make way for eastern europeans because they work cheaper. How long before it happens to you? you will soon change your mind then.

The Brits don’t want the work as a rule. They consider manual work to be beneath them. My brother works for a major engineering firm. He couldn’t find anyone to take a job working in the warehouse. Eventually, he filled the position (after 3months) but has to pay the guy (a Brit) 29k-a-year. Good $$$$ for a pretty basic job?

He has graduates lining up for ‘computer jobs’ in the office and they only pay 18-19k p/a. Awful money for S/E England but people want the work because they consider it to have a higher status.

In my experience when it comes to delivering to building sites etc. the younger generation of Brits (of which I am one (27)) frequently have a stinking attitude. “■■■■ knows” if frequently the response when you ask them if they know where I’m supposed to be tipping. Cheers lads! :unamused: :unamused: Often the Poles or whatever will at least try to help you, even if their English is poor.

This is supposed to be a more ‘classless’ age but in reality this country is probably snobbier than ever before and that is why foreigners have come in and took the jobs that Brits couldn’t ‘possibly’ do. :unamused: :blush:

hammer:
The Brits don’t want the work as a rule. They consider manual work to be beneath them. My brother works for a major engineering firm. He couldn’t find anyone to take a job working in the warehouse. Eventually, he filled the position (after 3months) but has to pay the guy (a Brit) 29k-a-year. Good $$$$ for a pretty basic job?

He has graduates lining up for ‘computer jobs’ in the office and they only pay 18-19k p/a. Awful money for S/E England but people want the work because they consider it to have a higher status.

In my experience when it comes to delivering to building sites etc. the younger generation of Brits (of which I am one (27)) frequently have a stinking attitude. “[zb] knows” if frequently the response when you ask them if they know where I’m supposed to be tipping. Cheers lads! :unamused: :unamused: Often the Poles or whatever will at least try to help you, even if their English is poor.

This is supposed to be a more ‘classless’ age but in reality this country is probably snobbier than ever before and that is why foreigners have come in and took the jobs that Brits couldn’t ‘possibly’ do. :unamused: :blush:

Im a bit lost there Hammer, isnt HGV driving a manual job ?

The jobs “Brits couldnt possibly do”, its all to do with cheap labour, If you have a family to feed and bills to pay , you will work no matter what…but the people who dont, i.e the scroungers that tax payers support, well they should have their benefits stopped , but that the government for you…

Computer Graduates have killed IT,like everything else supply and demand.
IT was a a good industry 15 odd years ago, because very few people could do the work so rates and salaries were higher…that changed because then everybody wanted to do IT , thinkin the money would be good… wrong…

Over the years the IT industry has become saturated with Graduates who will do the role for less…othwerwise IT roles are shipped out to places such as India and they send people here to do the job…

The IT industry like Haulage is going through the same thing…cheap labour

When I worked at United Carriers in about 1976 I use to delivere around Lincolnshire. One of my deliveries was a chicken processing factory at North Scarle, another one was in Lincoln on Skellingthorpe road. Both these factories employed a lot of foreign labour to rip the guts out of poultry and place it in a plastic bag. No one wanted those jobs then, even though Lincoln had a big unemployment problem. At the time there was a small company doing the haulage out of Butterball called Phil Hanley.

The sugar factory at Bardney also employed a lot of foreign labour, some had lived here since wartime.

The British people just dont want work.

Turners do employ a lot of Poles, they also employ a lot of Brits and pay quite well in certain jobs

Anyway, just incase there is a rush of Poles wanting HGV licences here is how to apply !!!
dziennikpolski.co.uk/formula … _jazdy.pdf

hammer:
In my experience when it comes to delivering to building sites etc. the younger generation of Brits (of which I am one (27)) frequently have a stinking attitude. “[zb] knows” if frequently the response when you ask them if they know where I’m supposed to be tipping. Cheers lads! :unamused: :unamused: Often the Poles or whatever will at least try to help you, even if their English is poor.
:blush:

i get the same when on sites asking which vehicle has the puncture a brit will say **** if i know…but a foreigner will usually point to it as they may not speak english but sign language works for me toilet included…even irish folk are always happy to see me and help…

What amazes me is how fast it seems to have happened. I remember doing a temp job in the late 80’s at John Rannoch, the chicken factory, and all the staff were locals (tho’ some did come from Ipswich!!). But now I’m told it’s the same thing - all east europeans.

They reckon East Anglia is one of the main areas for the migration, because of all the agriculture and food processing jobs. Loooking at it historically, after the agricultural revolution, everybody worked on the land and it must have been hellish work, especially this time of year. As the machinery got bigger and more efficient, the jobs disappeared - except where the fiddly, manual work was concerned - such as onion processing in the fens, for example, where machines can’t perform every task. I guess this kind of work is the last remnant of the time when all agricultural work was more or less manual. I can kind of understand therefore why none of the locals want to do it, and I guess there you have it…

Basically we’re going the same way as California did 20-30 years ago - where they tolerated Mexican illegal immigrants because they did the crap jobs nobody else wanted to do, such as sweeping the roads etc. We’re quite happy to let a gang of Romanians work 15 hour days in a freezing field in Lincolnshire packing onions for less than the minimum wage, because they’re cheaper in Sainsbury’s that way, but then we complain about the number of east europeans coming into the country daily.

There is one thing people overlook when discussing the east european immigration issue. If you’ve been to Poland recently, you will notice that in the cities at least, it is booming. There is construction everywhere, big companies are moving in and wages are increasing. When it reaches the point (as it will) that earnings are as high there as they are here, a lot of the immigrants will go back there. And the domino effect has also worked in other countries - for example did you know that the Poles have had to relax their own immigration laws to allow Ukranian workers in to do all the jobs that the Poles don’t want to do■■? And so on, right back to Bulgaria and Hungary. Once these countries have realised the benefits of EU membership and the earnings are at a certain level, it’s only natural that a lot of their people will find it attractive to return - I mean, would you want to go home and take advantage of good earnings and cheap property prices, or stay here and get mortgaged to the hilt??

So I would think that given time, it will be interesting to see what happens.

They reckon East Anglia is one of the main areas for the migration, because of all the agriculture and food processing jobs.

I have my own theory why this is the case.

The Polish language is made of a lot of z and p’s and v’s

However. England translates directly to Anglia.

So when Marek and Svetlana get off the train they ask for directions to Anglia :stuck_out_tongue:

And so on, right back to Bulgaria and Hungary. Once these countries have realised the benefits of EU membership and the earnings are at a certain level, it’s only natural that a lot of their people will find it attractive to return

Hungary joined the EU on the 1st May 2004 and they have one of the best economies of the former soviet bloc although they were the first to get away from communism in 1989. The Hungarians have been allowed to work in the EU since that time. The Bulgarians are new members and are not so free to work in the EU

i am raely sick of hearing the brits will not do this they will not do that.well can you please tell me why we have the wtd and driver hour rules to stop us working to hard i am sick of hearing about honest hard working well educated foriegners doing work we will not do.who built the ships worked down mines and in filthy chimical works before the y came here. ha thats better

routier:
Im a bit lost there Hammer, isnt HGV driving a manual job ?

It depends who you ask I guess. Some would say it is just manual labour, others might say that it is skilled work. I agree with the latter, you have to have qualifications wheras manual labour like packing boxes etc doesn’t.

routier:
The jobs “Brits couldnt possibly do”, its all to do with cheap labour, If you have a family to feed and bills to pay , you will work no matter what…but the people who dont, i.e the scroungers that tax payers support, well they should have their benefits stopped , but that the government for you…

I 100% agree you, the benefit system is a joke. I’d like to see work-fare, at least let society get something for their money but that will never happen with the ‘Yuuman Rights Brigade’ in control. :imp: :imp: :unamused:

Like I said before, people are much snottier in their attitude’s these days. There are normal working-class people who look down their noses at things that their fathers would have seen as ‘good honest work’. Personally, I think it is due to the way large industry is marginalised in the UK. The politician’s want nice shiny office buildings (even if no-one uses them :unamused: ), not productive factories or busy (but inevitably dirty) haulage yards. :unamused:

hammer:
Like I said before, people are much snottier in their attitude’s these days. There are normal working-class people who look down their noses at things that their fathers would have seen as ‘good honest work’.

Thats because they buy Tescos finest ready meal range, live in a semi and have a barbecue ‘with friends’ on a Sunday , they think they are middle class !!!

There is one simple reason why there is such a huge market for immigrant labour. It’s our benefits system. It has allowed people to make a choice about what work they’re prepared to do. More accurately I think, it has allowed people to elect not to work at all. They have been allowed to reason “why should I get out of bed and go work in a factory/shop/warehouse/field when I can stop at home and lead exactly the same lifestyle as I would on minimum wage” This has left the bottom end jobs unfilled whilst people who think they are above manual work stop at home in their benefit funded house and watch their benefit funded TV all day.

You can’t always blame the employers for employing cheap immigrants. As an employer you’re simply not going to pay a bone idle “i’m not getting out of bed for less than £25k” Brit to come and pick asparagus out of your field.

I work with a chap who is 2nd generation Polish with his parents landing here following the war. He regularly visits family in Poland and is obviously fully switched on with what is happening. The Polish economy is a poor one and being part of the EU it does have a national minimum wage. Its the equivalent of 90pence/hr. Can you blame them for coming here where there is work, albeit hard labour type work, in abundance. Walt says that a great proportion of the young Poles here have come with the intention ofo making their (relative) fortunes. If a young couple can come here and works their socks off for 4 or 5 yrs and save perhaps £20-30k they can go back home, buy a decent house outright, start a family and send their kids to private school (whether they decide to go back home is a different issue but he says that is the plan for most Poles coming here). You can hardly blame them for our government allowing a bloody great hole to exist in the employment market whilst WE pay for the home grown bone idle Brits to stop at home watching Trisha, can you?