is this right ??

was given this info at work a few weeks ago (its taken me till now to get it on here :confused: ) it seems a bit ott to me ?

can someone please turn it the right way up thankyou

It is now :wink:
Regards John.

thank you , the ā– ā– ā– ā–  thing would have been obsolete by the time I would have worked it out .

I have a question regarding the carrying of analog charts, the pdf link and span around say you need to carry 28 calendar days, so 4 weeks worth if you worked 7 days aweek.

If you only work monday to friday, do you only carry 20?

tommymanc:
I have a question regarding the carrying of analog charts, the pdf link and span around say you need to carry 28 calendar days, so 4 weeks worth if you worked 7 days aweek.

If you only work monday to friday, do you only carry 20?

You need to carry any used charts for the current day and the previous 28 days, so if you work 5 days a week it would amount to 20 charts.

The charts should be handed in to the operator no later than 42 days from the day after they was used.

syramax:
was given this info at work a few weeks ago (its taken me till now to get it on here :confused: ) it seems a bit ott to me ?

I donā€™t agree that a drivers mate has to carry those documents, if youā€™re not driving in a shift youā€™re not a driver in that shift and have no legal requirement to carry or show drivers documents.

As for the FTA working time log book, again Iā€™m not aware of any requirement to carry or show any such document, if a driver does any work other than driving, such as working in a warehouse for a day or two, the most records he will be asked for are records of the days from the day before the last weekly rest period, generally the DVSA will be happy with records for the current week.

tachograph:
I donā€™t agree that a drivers mate has to carry those documents, if youā€™re not driving in a shift youā€™re not a driver in that shift and have no legal requirement to carry or show drivers documents.

^
This

The Uk seems tangled in red tape it seems. Why on earth would a drivers mate want or even need to carry documents? Its a legal requirement to carry your docs whether car or truck driver but a passenger??
Ridiculous :unamused:

What if you are giving a mate a hurl down the road to drop him off at say near an airport/leg over and he doesnā€™t even work for the company ā€¦him having a licence gives him the ā€œpotentialā€ FFS what is the uk coming too!

This bs is what you get when you privatise the enforcement agencies. Theyā€™re no better than bailiffs, trying to extort money for bugger all. I think itā€™s wrong that an enforcement agency can be privatised. They can hardly be objective

It does say EU registered vehicle,which covers most,its not just the UK rules and regs
I was driving double manned or mated, which ever way you want,on a trip to Faro got pulled over in Spain and the first thing they wanted was the card in slot 2 not mine in slot 1,they then did a print out to compare start and finish times.
We assumed it was to make sure that there was no irregularities ie doubled up but only one driver doing all the driving or licensed to drive.

lolipop:
It does say EU registered vehicle,which covers most,its not just the UK rules and regs
I was driving double manned or mated, which ever way you want,on a trip to Faro got pulled over in Spain and the first thing they wanted was the card in slot 2 not mine in slot 1,they then did a print out to compare start and finish times.
We assumed it was to make sure that there was no irregularities ie doubled up but only one driver doing all the driving or licensed to drive.

No-ones disputing that a second driver should have their driver card in slot 2 and be able to produced any legally required documents, however the documents in the images above say that a drivers mate who has not intention of driving also needs to carry said documents if he has a HGV licence for the same category of vehicle, I donā€™t believe that to be that case, if youā€™re not driving that day thereā€™s no legal requirement to carry or show drivers documents.

tachograph:

lolipop:

No-ones disputing that a second driver should have their driver card in slot 2 and be able to produced any legally required documents, however the documents in the images above say that a drivers mate who has not intention of driving also needs to carry said documents if he has a HGV licence for the same category of vehicle, I donā€™t believe that to be that case, if youā€™re not driving that day thereā€™s no legal requirement to carry or show drivers documents.

So, you are a driver, have maxed your hours this week, but fancy a bit of overtime? Simple, do a shift as a ā€˜drivers mateā€™ā€¦ who cares about ā€˜other workā€™?

the nodding donkey:

tachograph:

lolipop:

So, you are a driver, have maxed your hours this week, but fancy a bit of overtime? Simple, do a shift as a ā€˜drivers mateā€™ā€¦ who cares about ā€˜other workā€™?

In that situation you are legally required to make a record of the none driving days work and carry that record with you when driving in-scope of EU regulations, but thatā€™s not the same as someone being required to carry and show records on days that no driving is done.

we have 2 wagons /2 drivers , so if one is off sick or on holiday we get a agency bloke in . however , the chances are he wont have a hiab licence so he gets all the ā€œsiteā€ work where a telehandler will tip him while the regular driver gets all the domestic work .so far so good . but eventually there comes a point where the sites arenā€™t requiring deliveries so the the 2nd wagon is also required to do domestic deliveries . at that point the regular driver parks up in the yard to be loaded and travels with temp to operate the crane . his card is in his own wagon on other work . I donā€™t see a problem , he has no intention of driving a wagon that someone else is paid more to drive . :confused:

Surely if you have no intention to drive in the situation Syramax describes, you would be better NOT to have your cards on you at all, because if you donā€™t have a smart card or DQC on you, you cannot drive the vehicle. Simples.

You would still have to have a manual entry to cover the shift times etc.

They will be saying I have to have +E on my license to sit as a passenger in a car with a tow bar, or truck with a 5th wheel nextā€¦ :unamused:

Also OP, do you have a link to where you got those pics from??

they were handed to me by my manager (travis perkins )

tachograph:

the nodding donkey:

tachograph:

lolipop:

In that situation you are legally required to make a record of the none driving days work and carry that record with you when driving in-scope of EU regulations, but thatā€™s not the same as someone being required to carry and show records on days that no driving is done.

You are doing ā€˜other workā€™. Therefore you need to carry your Driver card and any tacho cards, to show that you are not exceeding your max allowed hours.

ND

Iā€™ve just had a re-read of GV262, and it says quite clearly ā€œthe driverā€ should use a smart card and have records available, and that a co driver must also if driving is a possibility.

But if you have no intention to drive, having no cards would mean there is no possibility of you driving I would say.