Is this normal multi drop

Ok so here’s the story I have just started my 1st job driving I work 4 day weeks starting 4.30am usually get back to the yard 6.30 then unload empty pallets, full up with fuel and do paperwork ,I am expected to do 8 drops in 18 ton into London into food outlets all having 2 pallet loads of frozen and chilled goods averaging 120 items all handball up and down stairs with a sack barrow last week in London i ran out of hours so they sent someone to take over my last drop I still had to drive the little van back to the yard I got back to the yard 20.30 the rest of the week it is 26ton into Midlands and southeast not so many stairs but 9 to 11 drops ,I don’t mind my multi drop and actually enjoy the challenges of driving in London but I am struggling to complete my runs ,I have had some hard jobs in my time and was never expecting an easy ride the money is very good but the workload is something else IS THIS NORMAL MULTI DROP ■■?

Who it with ? and no ! also I would be heading home when near my hours it’s your licence not theirs and money isn’t every thing

Monkey job . My remit is onto their property and that’s it .
Where they want it from there is their problem.

nick2008:

Unless a cuppa is forthcoming or the queens head is shown :wink:

Its Bidvest in Banbury it’s part of the job to drop it right in next to the freezers, fridges or booze storage,I am still on agency for another 7 weeks before they take me on fully but honestly don’t think I can physically survive

blue estate:

nick2008:

So you’ll do extra for a 20p cuppa tea or a 2nd class stamp or the flash only a flash mind of a penny :open_mouth:

Shaunb:
Its Bidvest in Banbury it’s part of the job to drop it right in next to the freezers, fridges or booze storage,I am still on agency for another 7 weeks before they take me on fully but honestly don’t think I can physically survive

Taking the p mate your a driver not a donkey

I was given a big bottle of Fanta the other day I still failed my run though

nick2008:

blue estate:

nick2008:

So you’ll do extra for a 20p cuppa tea or a 2nd class stamp or the flash only a flash mind of a penny :open_mouth:

for a cuppa or can of pop you can keep for later free is free :wink: , or a lady in the hand

The reason the money is good because most sane people wont do it

Try working for P&H mate.

Makes Bidvest look like a holiday camp.

eagerbeaver:
Try working for P&H mate.

Makes Bidvest look like a holiday camp.

That’s why I allways turned it down when I worked agency :grimacing:

It’s typical foodservice stuff. I occasionally come across Bidvest drivers delivering to the same places (hospitals) as I do. Tipping with the tacho on break seems to be regarded as normal, getting stressed if they have to wait a few minutes to get onto the loading bay likewise. There is much, much easier “multidrop” work out there. I applied for a vacancy at Banbury a few years ago when it was called 3663. The guy conducting the interview was honest enough to tell me they weren’t really looking for drivers, rather they wanted labourers who could also drive the truck. I wasn’t at all disappointed when I didn’t get the job (although the hourly rate was good).

I had all this with Brakes, now pulling plastic class 2 26k far easier .

For the record they pay £35249 per year , if you can handle it

Shaunb:

No, no and no!!! :smiley:

For 35k a year I think I could do that.

Shaunb:

I can guarantee that if you stick the 7 weeks you’ll know what you’re doing, and not feel like such a plum, and you won’t be poor either, because you’re getting a decent wage, and you’ll be too ■■■■■■ to spend it…

See mine and E8b’s little diarys showing you don’t have to ■■■■■■■ kill yourself on Class2 multi drop.

adam277:
For 35k a year I think I could do that.

Are you certified then ?
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

F-reds:

Shaunb:

I can guarantee that if you stick the 7 weeks you’ll know what your doing, and not feel like such a plum, and you won’t be poor either, because your getting a decent wage, and you’ll be too [zb] to spend it…

See mine and E8b’s little diarys showing you don’t have to [zb] kill yourself on Class2 multi drop.

+2 on that :smiley: