Is this new/true?

A close friend of my brother is an Owner Driver who regularly does France, he said the they are now issuing fines(135 Euros) for not having the speed stickers(60, 90 etc) on the back of the trailer? Not been across with a truck for about 4 years and wondered if this was true? TBH it wouldn’t suprise me if it was!

Fits in with Sarcosys thought of road safety.

Like you I dont know if its true, but it would not suprise me!!

Dunno but a new set have appeared on my unit and trailer so… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

where can you get these stickers from, as i will put them on just to play it save.

Petrol Stations,Truckstops

Not so sure, may be legal requiement on a French truck for Annual test but not our’s.

The French issue a lot of fines for things that aren’t actually offences.

I hope this helps.

You see the 60/70/90 roundels on the back of all French trucks and trailers,this is a French requirement,not an EU one,as usual the Gendarmes make it up as they go along.

Italian trucks also have to have 60/80 stickers.

Belgian rules dictate that trucks and trailers have a 60 sticker on the back,but I think it’s minimum speed :wink:

KW:
You see the 60/70/90 roundels on the back of all French trucks and trailers,this is a French requirement,not an EU one,as usual the Gendarmes make it up as they go along.

Belgian rules dictate that trucks and trailers have a 60 sticker on the back,but I think it’s minimum speed :wink:

^ +1 agree with Keith also Italian and Romanian trucks with trailers must have side reflectives strip on

Betz:

KW:

^ +1 agree with Keith also Italian and Romanian trucks with trailers must have side reflectives strip on

I’ve seen a notice in a spanish curtain repairers that the reflective stripes are now a EU requirement on new trailers and after a certain date in the future will become a retrofit requirement on older trailers

Yes I think so, all down to EU!

welshboyinspain:

Betz:

KW:

I’ve seen a notice in a spanish curtain repairers that the reflective stripes are now a EU requirement on new trailers and after a certain date in the future will become a retrofit requirement on older trailers

Correct,I think it becomes EU law this year for new trailers.

Hi mate, yes it is very true indeed. I copped it not long back and also a Dutch fellow, parked next to me in the check weigh area… changing the goal posts all the time… :unamused:

yes its true i got done in italy last yr 90 euro fine if its law its law thats why all the foreign driver have 60/70/80/90/etc etc bacause your covered for all the countries you pass through where its law.

I’ve just got a new Krone Euroliner and it came with a reflective strip down either side…
Think I better get some speed limit stickers for the back doors now then…
Best to keep them happy I guess :slight_smile:

Sarcozy or some other French MP has probably got shares in the company that makes the speed limit stickers. So by getting the Gendarmes to stop a few trucks of various nationalities word gets round and hey-ho everyones buying stickers and the share price goes up.

Is that a conspiracy theory or what :smiley:

hi there are some for sale on ebay got some for our racing truck last week…

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk

we’ve had notification from rha advising to apply stickers as fines are being dished out all over the shop

spaniard1:
we’ve had notification from rha advising to apply stickers as fines are being dished out all over the shop

So instead of advising people to buy stickers couldn’t they publish the relevent regs that say this only applies to french registared trucks. Or maybe take a test case to court?

muckles:

spaniard1:

So instead of advising people to buy stickers couldn’t they publish the relevent regs that say this only applies to french registared trucks. Or maybe take a test case to court?

I wonder if they happen to sell said stickers or if they are produced by a senior member perhaps :wink: