Is this legal?

Retired Old ■■■■:
But at my age I feel I have earned the right to take the p*ss!!!

I might be a little younger at age 54 but I feel 74 with a mental age of 3 according to the Mrs :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It might be as well to remind the Mrs just who has made you feel 74. But make sure you have at least a five-minute start!

Retired Old ■■■■:
As a thick old ■■■■, can someone please tell me exactly who benefits from this DCPC legislation?

DCPC trainers! :open_mouth: money money money££££££££££££ :grimacing: :grimacing: and shep 352 :sunglasses:

As for the ‘basic’ questions about tacho law on here - Some drivers can work for years without having to worry their pretty heads about it. For example I had a mate who did a night trunk - Redditch to Leeds and back, five nights a week. Took him three hours each way with two or three asleep in the cab in the middle. He knew nothing about fortnightly hours, double manning, split breaks etc etc.

So me either don’t need to worry about doing my cpc (just yet), when I (hope) to go for my C+E next year, cos I passed my C class in 2007?

Goldfinger:
So me either don’t need to worry about doing my cpc (just yet), when I (hope) to go for my C+E next year, cos I passed my C class in 2007?

You will not need initial dcpc but you will need 35 hours of periodic dcpc before 09/09/2014

Thanks ROG :wink:

I knew I needed training at some point, but some people at work were confusing the matter when I mentioned about going for my C+E. :unamused:

Goldfinger:
Thanks ROG :wink:

I knew I needed training at some point, but some people at work were confusing the matter when I mentioned about going for my C+E. :unamused:

If a driver has aquired/grandfather rights for LGV dcpc then that covers ALL LGV categories

Talking to a mate today who works with a guy ( very experienced ) who thought that when he had drove for 8hr 3 min you rounded it up to 9hr drive :unamused: :unamused: he said has always done that as that is what he was told years ago :unamused:

I knew the minute id ‘delivered’ a canteen chair to a ‘customer’ this was all a big ■■■■■■■■■

there isnt a prohibition to stop you from driving you cant get banned or points but you will recieve a £30 fine if your stopped an they find out you dont have a cpc

i have been driving just on 2 years full time and have only just passed my cpc and am 24, i have been stopped in the past and nothing had been metioned of it either by police or vosa, i was stopped the week before last and it came to their light that i had not passed the driver cpc this was the friday, on the monday i passed the theory and had also booked the module 4 but after mis communication they wouldnt test me as i only had a tractor unit not the trailer so it was re booked for friday just gone were i took up the truck an trailer and passed, all sorted in a space of a week, as i say its entirely upto yourself if your employer doesnt ask for it get your foot inot the door but get it booked asap its a piece of cake to pass

ROG:

Trucker-Lass22:
Thanks guys for your replys, just trying to book my CPC hopefully wont have to wait to long and with a bit of luck he may still need a driver!

Module 2 is the theory so you can book that yourself and do it

Module 4 can only be done after mod 2 is passed

Module 4 will require at least a couple of hours training and the hiring of the truck and instructor for the test so that will be between 2 and 3 hundred quid

if you have knowlegde of a truck go into the newbie section and have a read of the questions and answers or google it, if your in with the firm maybe the boss may lend you the truck for half an hour to do the cpc practical just like my boss did which am very grateful for

mark h:
there isnt a prohibition to stop you from driving you cant get banned or points but you will recieve a £30 fine if your stopped an they find out you dont have a cpc

Incorrect fta.co.uk/export/sites/fta/_ … c_0809.pdf check out page 7

A £1000 fine and or prison!! ■■ :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

VOSAs fixed penalty list only mentions a £30 fine, no mention of a prohibition or a £1000 fine.

ROG:

mark h:

well i was issued with a £30 fixed penalty ?

mark h:

ROG:

mark h:

If that was for simply NOT CARRYING THE DQC then VOSA do have that option - its listed in the link

If it was for not having a current DCPC then I will be surprised !!

ROG:

mark h:

ROG:

mark h:

If that was for simply NOT CARRYING THE DQC then VOSA do have that option - its listed in the link

If it was for not having a current DCPC then I will be surprised !!

it was for not having the current dcpc, i have been driving nearly 2 years aswell and have been stopped in the past and nothing was ever mentioned

mark h:
it was for not having the current dcpc, i have been driving nearly 2 years aswell and have been stopped in the past and nothing was ever mentioned

NOW I am surprised !!

You were lucky IMO as they should have given you a fine of up to £1000 via the magistrates court
I suppose its possible that until Sept 2014 they are likely to be lenient

ROG:

mark h:

NOW I am surprised !!

You were lucky IMO as they should have given you a fine of up to £1000 via the magistrates court

just loooked at the vosa sheet and it says fixed penalty £30 no evidence of driver cpc or card issued