Is this a Good Job Offer

I have had an offer of a job and wondered if you guys thought it was a fair wage

The Job is Class 1 Tramping 4 Nights out per week approx 60 Hours

£485 per week plus £21.66 night out money all parking tolls etc paid

Mon - Fri, No weekend work or bank holidays 4 weeks holiday plus Christmas and New year off

Would appreciate some feed back thankyou :smiley:

it’s about right if it’s after tax.

Depends on what else is going on in your area.

I don’t reckon it’s wonderful, it’s not a great deal more than I get for 40 hours on class 2 work. No nights out, no weekends plus a fair amount of overtime on the top.

That said it’s better than not earning.

Dont say you are on Jobseeker Allowense,otherwise you could drive for a Week getting paid by JS+ and have to take the Contract you are given.
Sadly that Topic which explains it is anywhere on Page 2 or more back the Forum

Depends on where you are as well, I take home between £50 and £100 (sometimes £150) more than that with a couple of nights out at £22 on top of that, plus all parking , tolls etc paid.
But then our place is one of the better paid (not the best though) in the area.(South Cheshire)

it`s nowt special,but there are certainly worse paying jobs out there

Immigrant:
Dont say you are on Jobseeker Allowense,otherwise you could drive for a Week getting paid by JS+ and have to take the Contract you are given.

No im not on JS, was offered an office job at 15K dont think I could do that, I live in Yorkshire, Mallisonson were offering £7.75 per hour flat, and the work was wednesday to Sunday, this I get alot of certification with the job,

Im not afraid of hard work, there are alot of people chasing a few jobs and they seem to pay less, Also had a phone call last night, which was out of the blue wanting me to go for interview, with a film production Unit, doing all sorts of driving position is self employed, and I think each job has its plusses and minuses.

In this climate, I would rather work than sit at home !!!

Im confused, but there again im blonde does that count :smiley:

It sounds about average to me but if you can live off it then take it as long as you’re happy.

bald bloke:
It sounds about average to me but if you can live off it then take it as long as you’re happy.

Are we ever happy with what we get offered !!! LOL :smiley:

Id love to know what people earn when they all say ITS OK, THERES BETTER outhere… The days of £700/800+ per week are long gone.

Taking home about £450 including nights out isnt that bad really, depends what the job is like to. I would rather earn that for a decent boss then £500 for a nightmare of a bloke to work for. I also suspect its a lot more then most on here and if you can live happily on a take home pay of £450 then go for it it would certainly be enough for me if the job was good enough :wink:

OllieNotts:
Taking home about £450 including nights out isnt that bad really, depends what the job is like to. I would rather earn that for a decent boss then £500 for a nightmare of a bloke to work for. I also suspect its a lot more then most on here and if you can live happily on a take home pay of £450 then go for it it would certainly be enough for me if the job was good enough :wink:

Plus one

I can not believe you have even asked the question… Irrespective if its a good paying job or not just take it…Where is the job and who for■■?

Lotteea:
I have had an offer of a job and wondered if you guys thought it was a fair wage

The Job is Class 1 Tramping 4 Nights out per week approx 60 Hours

£485 per week plus £21.66 night out money all parking tolls etc paid

Mon - Fri, No weekend work or bank holidays 4 weeks holiday plus Christmas and New year off

Would appreciate some feed back thankyou :smiley:

I am waiting for “i wouldn’t get out of bed for that” speach :smiley:

i am in yorkshire to and the job situation is dire. very dire.
i am out of work at the moment and if i was offered that job then i would take it.
up here thats a good wage.

i’d work for less than that if that was alll that was going , , i know all the , 'what we’re actually worth & dont get out of bed for that blah,blah , bottom line is a jobs a job , stick with it al long as you either want or need to , once you got it you can always move on , when & if another oppertunity comes along ,

it doesn’t take much to work out that those in a job can move from one to another , but trying to get a job from a standing start of nothing is not as easy as it may seem .
30,000 driving jobs out there or not :unamused:

mole is right when i got finished i hammered everyones door for work with no joy then once i got a taken on the same day i turned another 2 jobs down and just last week was asked if i was looking for work from a firm a put a form into over a month ago :sunglasses:
a lot easier to find work if your already working

Immigrant:

Its good that ‘Immigrant’ know’s all the pit falls about jobseekers allowance! :unamused:

streaky:

Immigrant:

Its good that ‘Immigrant’ know’s all the pit falls about jobseekers allowance! :unamused:

maybe because that’s what he is on

MolePower:
i’d work for less than that if that was alll that was going , , i know all the , 'what we’re actually worth & dont get out of bed for that blah,blah , bottom line is a jobs a job , stick with it al long as you either want or need to , once you got it you can always move on , when & if another oppertunity comes along ,

it doesn’t take much to work out that those in a job can move from one to another, but trying to get a job from a standing start of nothing is not as easy as it may seem .
30,000 driving jobs out there or not :unamused:

This is a fair point, but the more drivers take lower paid jobs the more we’re expected to work for low pay…it’s a vicious circle in which the driver always loses…and no, apart from sticking together, (won’t happen), I don’t know what the answer is either… :unamused:

‘You can always move on’ Hmm, yes,to another low paid job…it’s difficult at the moment but there is decent work out there - not brilliant money but definitely more than you’d expect. I haven’t worked for several weeks ‘cos the rates offered were too low…just had a call booking me for several weeks’ work at my normal rate (S/E), which is reasonable and certainly better than average. May not last but hopeful it will.

It would seem to indicate that maybe things are on the up… :sunglasses: