Is there really a side-effect in the UK from the US election

Arguments aside as to who’s the worse or worst candidate here -
I notice that the price of Fuel has been kept steadfastly up for the past fornight, despite the price of fuel on the markets having dropped a double-digit percentage over the ensuing period.

It’s possible that a Hilary Victory tonight might be quickly followed by that forecourt price “magically dropping 5-10p” to make it looks like “See? The good news is having a positive effect already!” kinda thing.

Whilst I don’t favour Hilary to win this election - I’m holding back from filling up until tomorrow, in anticipation of a sharp drop in the forecourt prices tomorrow onwards.
The wholesale price has already made the move after all. It’s only intertia that has kept the price on the top shelf for a prolonged period these past few days. :bulb:

Hilary has apparently cancelled a planned fireworks display in the NY area. I wonder why?
Meanwhile, Farage has seemingly booked a flight to have talks with Trump? - Reading a lot into “him being behind in the polls” I guess.
Still - The “Brexit times ■■■” and “Brexit + + +” is exactly the kind of establishment-upsetting result that might well occur again on this occasion.

A lot of things feared - won’t be happening if the “wrong candidate wins”.

Personally, I’m more worried about Hilary and NATO pushing Putin too far in the middle East than I am about Trump’s big mouth or anti-establishment credentials like “not ever having held elected office”.

Has anyone out there noticed a change in orders/freight traffic in the last few days?

Either there’s gonna be one hell of a party - or we’re going to have something more akin to “Requiem for Evita”. :open_mouth:

I think our very own stalled Brexit and what comes next will be hugely affected by the result.

Though Brexit might not count for much in the aftermath of the 3rd world war which wild eyed hilary seems to want to provoke.
I wonder if the average American citizen realises the future of the genuine freedom of the entire western world rests upon their vote, if America get their very own Commissar Merkel it’s all over for them too, far too bloody late for us, we elected our own Lucifer Blair three times on the trot to wreak his havoc upon our lands quickly followed by the Scarlet Pimp(ernel) who, soon as he had to stand up for his promise, he sodded off like a spoiled brat ‘‘i shan’t play na na ne na na’’, we won’t recover from that pair of polished turds, Germany and the rest of the continent won’t recover from Merkel and her cabal, and the US will put the final nail in their own coffin if they’re daft enough to follow up the drudge of Obama with Clinton.

Trump might be a buffoon, but I don’t think he’s an aggressor. He doesn’t toe the media line, which is why they’ve pulled up so much crap on his antics. I truly fear ww3 if Clinton gets in. She’s a massive ego and a war monger. Going after Putin is like attacking the nutty kid in the fourth year. We all know he’s an ■■■■■■■■, but he’s less dangerous if left alone.

A vote for either of them is like asking the electorate “right. Which one do you want to vote for that will least f**k up the country”.

Regarding the fuel…

I bet it’ll be another ‘rocket and feather’ situation… :unamused:

Prices round here didn’t gradually go up, they went up 3 times in one week at one garage not long ago… :imp:

And as for the election…

Either way, as band REM put it - ‘It the end of the world as we know it!’…

Putins better with us than against us.
The free worlds number one enemy is ISIS and whatever CIA backed brainwave spawns from them…Putin might not be everyones cup of tea but i for one respect someone who puts their own country first (and he’s kicking ISIS’ arse at every opportunity), only wish we had a PM that did what was right for our country and its people.

The pound will fly up against the dollar if Trump gets in, Wall Street will have a real wobble.

Juddian:
Putins better with us than against us.
The free worlds number one enemy is ISIS and whatever CIA backed brainwave spawns from them…Putin might not be everyones cup of tea but i for one respect someone who puts their own country first (and he’s kicking ISIS’ arse at every opportunity), only wish we had a PM that did what was right for our country and its people.

Spot on. Trump wants to fight Isis, Clinton has received donations from Isis backers. I know who I want in my corner. The left is more dangerous than the right

I think Trump would be the best outcome for a Brexit Britain - I think he will win it comfortably, but keeping my fingers crossed all the same - Clinton could be a disastrous outcome, I really dislike her.
(and non of the above should be construed that I think Trump would be a great leader - he won’t be)

eagerbeaver:
The pound will fly up against the dollar if Trump gets in, Wall Street will have a real wobble.

Yep. And it proves that Trump getting in would be great for this country, but that’s not what the remoaners want, that’s a real fly in the ointment. So they would rather see us hit to save their own face

eagerbeaver:

the big danger here is that Trump would not take charge until January, if in the meantime he keeps spouting off mad rhetoric and even madder tweets, the financial market may very well take fright. Things would calm down when he takes the reigns but it could be a very rocky ride until then

Winseer:
Arguments aside as to who’s the worse or worst candidate here -
I notice that the price of Fuel has been kept steadfastly up for the past fornight, despite the price of fuel on the markets having dropped a double-digit percentage over the ensuing period.

It’s possible that a Hilary Victory tonight might be quickly followed by that forecourt price “magically dropping 5-10p” to make it looks like "See?

Forecourt prices don’t follow realtime prices or anything close to it. They went up over the last few weeks because the price of crude rose from $45 per barrel in the last week of October to an average of $51 per barrel for the first three weeks of November. It will take at least 3-4 weeks from the start of a drop before prices start to drop due to the lag in the procurement chain.

There’s always a side-effect with America. As the saying goes,America sneezes and Britain catches the cold. Both candidates have plenty of skeletons in the cupboard,and whoever wins it’s a matter of time before they start a war on someone.
Trump says things to suit him on that day,even if he said the opposite yesterday. As much as I suspect he’s more pally with Putin than he’s letting on,he’s right when he says Putin is the world’s best bet of blowing ISIS to bits (albeit he’s got his own agenda to support his mate).
Clinton wants to pick a fight with Putin. Clinton is an American version of a British politician,a millionaire with her snout in the trough. I’m no fan of either,but America will get the President it deserves. Trump and Farage are very similar. They want to stick-it-to-the-man,and when they win they think ‘oh bugger,what do we do now?’

I think the reality will be more along the lines of the ethnic Brit population in the US suddenly realising that they are actually now the minority v African and Hispanic with the immigrant vote swinging it for Clinton.At which point all bets are off as to the future stability of the place.

As for fuel prices they’ve always been the case of a domestic political agenda ranging from leave it in the ground for future generations to us paying more for our own oil than Europe does,all dressed up as a bs green or now supposed value of the pound issue agenda.Which leaves the question of Euro fuel prices bearing in mind that the pound hasn’t at any point fallen below the value of the Euro.On that note don’t expect any change in fuel prices here regardless of who wins over there.

While the obviously totally unbiased BBC’s/UK media’s reaction to a Trump win would be good enough for me.No doubt they’ll then be shouting for a legal challenge by Hilary’s lot against the vote on the grounds that the people voted the wrong way. :smiling_imp: :smiley:

Carryfast:
While the obviously totally unbiased BBC’s/UK media’s reaction to a Trump win

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: the irony is strong in this one Obiwan :sunglasses:

I like the way that Fox call CNN the Clinton News Network :laughing:

Bluey Circles:

eagerbeaver:

the big danger here is that Trump would not take charge until January, if in the meantime he keeps spouting off mad rhetoric and even madder tweets, the financial market may very well take fright. Things would calm down when he takes the reigns but it could be a very rocky ride until then

I think we’re in a clear situation whereby the bankers have too many foreign interests and will take ‘action’ against any perceived or real Nationalist move by any country to look after its own at the expense of those foreign ‘interests’.If Farage or Trump wants to take back control in their respective national interests they’ll have to take on the bankers to do it.Because the financial institutions are now working in direct opposition to the idea of National borders and National interests.

Carryfast:

Bluey Circles:

eagerbeaver:

I think we’re in a clear situation whereby the bankers have too many foreign interests and will take ‘action’ against any perceived or real Nationalist move by any country to look after its own at the expense of those foreign ‘interests’.If Farage or Trump wants to take back control in their respective national interests they’ll have to take on the bankers to do it.Because the financial institutions are now working in direct opposition to the idea of National borders and National interests.

And their shil’s like May are aiding them with ART50 stalling tactics, and her stubbornness regarding single market access, she should be ousted ASAP

tommy t:
And their shil’s like May are aiding them with ART50 stalling tactics, and her stubbornness regarding single market access, she should be ousted ASAP

No surprise there.That’s what remainer May was put in by Cameron to do.When it’s clear if Cameron was telling the truth about the electorate deciding then we’d have had a Leave PM and the Cons would have used their parliamentary majority to implement it.

As for Trump he’s still in the race when she thought she had Florida in the bag. :smiley:

Carryfast:

tommy t:

No surprise there.That’s what remainer May was put in by Cameron to do.When it’s clear if Cameron was telling the truth about the electorate deciding then we’d have had a Leave PM and the Cons would have used their parliamentary majority to implement it.

As for Trump he’s still in the race when she thought she had Florida in the bag. :smiley:

The think i for the life of me can’t grasp, is why are ukip helping May get ART 50 when if are the genuine opposition party they should be hoping that ART 50 is blocked , Reason being there are more ways to leave the EU not that you would think so listening to the bias MSM

IMO let them block it, then push May into using a different method to leave which would be quicker and there wouldn’t be the dithering bs over single market access, which will result in either free movement dressed up as something else, or EEA membership so we don’t really completely leave the EU or cease paying an extortionate amount to it like we do now, or both, which are not in a million years BREXIT, If you think about why is traitor May so Keen on using ART50 and why is access to the single market so important to her? we aren’t being told the ugly truth are we?