Is Maritime struggling?

jase:
I hope the drivers don’t get too comfortable in those nice new volvo’s as they’ll be up for sale next month as second hand trucks lol!!

Very Funny Post, tickled me.

Slim79:

Andydisco:

Slim79:
doubt it, anyone who’s recently been to felixstowe in the last few months will have seen there new head office springing up next to there container yard

you mean the strange looking collection of steel work just.up from the BP, wondered what that was going to be

Yeah thats the one :laughing:

ah wondered what that was going to be!!!

We are going to be based in Ikea’s yard

TNT Trucker:

jase:
I hope the drivers don’t get too comfortable in those nice new volvo’s as they’ll be up for sale next month as second hand trucks lol!!

Very Funny Post, tickled me.

many a true word spoken in jest :wink:

no new wagons for donny :cry: weve all got old(ish) ones ,but while ever they pay what they pay i’d drive a golf cart :smiley:

62 plate will do me :wink:

fridge ,microwave and coffee maker :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

so none off you wananbee glory boys have a got a new volvo you are settlingfor coffee makers and microwaves :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

considering almost all firms have a wait off 12 months for a new volvo i bet those new volvo’s wont be in maritime colours for long. :wink:

Why

ianb4310:
Why

because they will sell them on for more money than they paid for them :wink:

a few years ago, i was parked in Tilbury, while i was there, they were having a brand new Volvo liveried up, 3 hours later, the sign man was back again removing all the livery he had just fitted, as they had sold the truck before they had even used it

shuttlespanker:

ianb4310:
Why

a few years ago, i was parked in Tilbury, while i was there, they were having a brand new Volvo liveried up, 3 hours later, the sign man was back again removing all the livery he had just fitted, as they had sold the truck before they had even used it

Does not say much about the companies future then buying new motors and getting rid before using them.

Discodave:

shuttlespanker:

ianb4310:
Why

Does not say much about the companies future then buying new motors and getting rid before using them.

so, if you bought a brand new truck for £80,000, and someone else wanted to buy it off you for £85,000, are you saying that you would not sell it?

Maritime have a truck sales department called www.secondhandtrucks.co.uk and if someone sees a truck that they want, they will sell it, no matter how long they have had it

Discodave:

shuttlespanker:

ianb4310:
Why

selling them on for a profit then buying more trucks is bad business :open_mouth:

Are those new Clovis really that desirable that there is a second hand premium on them

Oops dam predictive text meant to say new Volvo

they make money while they are running them and they make money when selling them

there kicker is availability

go in main dealer with a big bag of money sometimes you have to wait

go into maritime with said same bag of money one of the drivers gets called into tilbury or Felixstowe and hoofed out of the truck :wink:

gonzothejaffa1:
they make money while they are running them and they make money when selling them

go into maritime with bigger bag of money one of the drivers gets called into tilbury or Felixstowe and hoofed out of the truck :wink:

FTFY :wink:

gonzothejaffa1:

go into maritime with said same bag of money one of the drivers gets called into tilbury or Felixstowe and hoofed out of the truck :wink:

It’s happened to me twice and always got a weeks notice so not exactly hoofed out of the truck :smiley: . Both times it was a Scania and I was glad to see the back of them. Back in a merc now. From my experience the trucks are always 2 to 3 years old when sold but as has been said they will sell at anytime for the right price…

Got a bit of a Monopoly in the container market now I’d say.

n17 trucker:

gonzothejaffa1:

It’s happened to me twice and always got a weeks notice so not exactly hoofed out of the truck :smiley: . Both times it was a Scania and I was glad to see the back of them. Back in a merc now. From my experience the trucks are always 2 to 3 years old when sold but as has been said they will sell at anytime for the right price…

When it happened to me, I was given a days notice, and I was in Liverpool at the time, so packed most of my gear up as best I could, down to Tilbury, do night out in truck, then pack the rest of my gear up, into someone elses truck (who was also a tramper so had all his gear in there too) at 5am to ‘hitch’ a lift back to Manchester.

At the end of the day though, the company is there to make money, however they make the money. It did teach me to carry a bit less stuff, although when I finished at Turners, it probably took me 2hrs to empty my truck :laughing: