Is Maritime struggling?

hi, just being curious here :smiley: we all know that Maritime has posh fleet but lately they have been getting them bleeding axors of toscos and today i went passed a 62 reg scania day cab :open_mouth: i heard rumours that they have ordered a lot of them new mercs but i haven’t seen any yet, or are they getting rid off trampers or cutting down and making them into day drivers

thank you for any info

They’re doing more and more tesco work which is 24/7 so I’ll guess you’ll see more day cabs etc, especially around Northampton depot

Thereal-john:
They’re doing more and more tesco work which is 24/7 so I’ll guess you’ll see more day cabs etc, especially around Northampton depot

oh dear such a shame, come on maritime pull your self together :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

they aint struggling the puddle jumpers are just on day work they are setting up a new site in donny and have just taken collection of the new volvo with a big order on the way so i hear

we have a load of new Volvos for the Donny job :smiley:

So because a firm has bought Axors that means their struggling does it??

Can’t wait to get into my new Volvo on Monday :wink:

ianb4310:

Me too

I did hear the reason they have them Axors was because they had been ordered tooo early by tesco for one of their new depots so Maritime took them off tescos hands for a very good deal!
This was told to me whilst i was sat in a drivers waitng room at a certain supermarket RDC just before we all had chalk lines put round us for sitting there too long!

looks it !!!

doubt it, anyone who’s recently been to felixstowe in the last few months will have seen there new head office springing up next to there container yard

DAF95XF:
So because a firm has bought Axors that means their struggling does it??

Its a good sign yes I’d say…

Slim79:
doubt it, anyone who’s recently been to felixstowe in the last few months will have seen there new head office springing up next to there container yard

you mean the strange looking collection of steel work just.up from the BP, wondered what that was going to be

Andydisco:

Slim79:

you mean the strange looking collection of steel work just.up from the BP, wondered what that was going to be

Yeah thats the one :laughing:

mezzzz1211:

ianb4310:

Me too

unless u been told ur having one dont be so sure i know for a fact there getting some old ones
they will probably park em just behind the new ones and watch your face as you walk past the new ones to realise you got and old one :grimacing: :grimacing:

If you’ve mis-behaved in any way, this is when you find out. Rather than looking forward to a new tool to do the job, look forward to keeping your job :wink:

cliffton 27:
they aint struggling the puddle jumpers are just on day work they are setting up a new site in donny and have just taken collection of the new volvo with a big order on the way so i hear

Was you in dhl at tickhill yesterday morning.

Where at Donny is there new yard? I had seen a couple parked in Freightliner and wondered why.

I hope the drivers don’t get too comfortable in those nice new volvo’s as they’ll be up for sale next month as second hand trucks lol!!

pimmer73:
looks it !!!

Oh sweet jesus. I want one!!! Shouldve applied for maritime ;(