Is Lidl self tip?

Was just enquiring about a new company that mainly delivers to Lidl and I seem to remember hearing someone say the drivers have to self tip at Lidl. That still true?

If you mean Lidl warehouse/. Rdc,s . Then yes you do.
They give you a key to an electric pallet truck
They do offer some training which if I remember consists of how to turn it on and off push this for forward this for reverse that’s it.
Then just self tip. Behind the bay is a row of yellow lines just unload your pallets and leave them nice n neat within in the lines.
Go back office get a signature and that’s it.
There’s usually some one walking around the bays checking most I find are helpful if you need help.

If I remember they generally.only accept euro pallets . and when lined up then need to be long way so the warehouse can come.along grab them long ways about 3 at a time

Get a pedometer-it’s amazing how far you walk doing 33 pallets. Did work it out but can’t remember-let me know if you do! :unamused:

If you…

Have some short pallets, push them up in 2s or 3s.

I could do 33 in about 40 minutes. Good exercise and because we were drop and drive, no hanging around for paperwork.

Worst part is to with a curtainsider loaded fron the side. When you get to tip, all the pallets are width ways not end on.

SWEDISH BLUE:
Worst part is to with a curtainsider loaded fron the side. When you get to tip, all the pallets are width ways not end on.

Drag 'em out 2 at at a time and spin them on the quay. Easier than spinning them in the trailer as some try to do.

I was paid by the hour, so 1 at a time lol

Beau Nydel:
Get a pedometer-it’s amazing how far you walk doing 33 pallets. Did work it out but can’t remember-let me know if you do! :unamused:

I was at Aldi at Darlo the other week.
Never approved of this self tip ■■■■■■■■,.always looked at it as the thin end of the wedge, much prefer lying on bunk when somebody who is getting paid for it tips me…
However,.had my phone in my pocket, was backed on one bay where the aisle was full.so had to walk across 2 aisles…did 2 and a half miles.
So not all bad .

I was doing this type of work.Now Ive got my dream job where I lie on the bunk while someone else tips the load,its brilliant,except the weight has piled on,my blood pressure is up,medical next year.Ill be lucky if I dont fail it,the way things are going,unless I do something over and above what Ive been doinv up to now.Long shifts so not much time to exercise outside of work

Sploom:
I was doing this type of work.Now Ive got my dream job where I lie on the bunk while someone else tips the load,its brilliant,except the weight has piled on,my blood pressure is up,medical next year.Ill be lucky if I dont fail it,the way things are going,unless I do something over and above what Ive been doinv up to now.Long shifts so not much time to exercise outside of work

Ten genuflects, before entering the office, getting in the truck and handing your paperwork in, each day. The Lord will look after your weight. :wink:

Star down under.:

Sploom:

Ten genuflects, before entering the office, getting in the truck and handing your paperwork in, each day. The Lord will look after your weight. :wink:

I see what you did there-so cruel-so funny :smiley:

Beau Nydel:

Star down under.:

Sploom:

You are more switched on than me,.I had to google ‘genuflects’ :smiley:

youtube.com/watch?v=YqXZ9YoRD50

robroy:

Beau Nydel:

Star down under.:

Sploom:

You are more switched on than me,.I had to google ‘genuflects’ :smiley:

■■■■ off rob i ay avin that, i can see you bowing to the mighty craptros on a wednesday morning… :wink: :laughing:

Beau Nydel:

I did 8500 @ Lidl Exeter the other Saturday from getting out & walking to the office [and back] then being given a bay 49, then tipping the 33 pallets and walking back to the truck via the office :wink:

Just think, the gym bunnies pay good money for that exercise :open_mouth:

Not done Lidl but I have done other RDCs. Back of a ■■■ packet…
80x120cm euro-plts. Trailer about 13m long. 2(?) lanes in warehouse each takes 17plts plus gaps, so each is 17x1.5= 27m long. 7(?)m from rear of trl to lanes.
Plt from rear of trl goes 47m to far end of lanes. Plt from front of trl goes 24m to nearest end of lanes.
So average of 35-ish m per plt. About 100m for 3plts or 1,000m for 30plts. > 1.3km per load…but…same distance with empty plt truck, so double it up.

Twonalf, or I reckon nearer three km per trailer because the plt truck takes a meter or two to turnaround twice every trip. If you need to spin the plts to arrange them even more, over 3km?
And that is just tipping, the walk from truck park to offices, bay to pedestrian entrance, looking for checkers CMRs etc all extras.
4/5km? About 2.5/3mls? More wouldn`t surprise me at all.
Obviously ball-park figures, is that near? Or where have I cocked up?

Always worth checking with one of the warehouse bods exactly where they want your load put and leave a gap around the pallets so they check them easily. While most of them are a bunch of miserable ■■■■■ if your ■■■■ them off they will leave you sitting around for hours “checking” your paperwork. It’s also a good idea to check all the pallets trucks around you and pick the one with the most battery charge, nothing worse than getting one that’s flat. Don’t be a troll, plug it back in once you’ve finished using it :smiley:

Personally, I like going to Lidl and the few Aldi’s that are self-tip, they don’t usually care about booking times and you can control how long it takes to be tipped. They can take a while sorting your paperwork, but at least you have your keys, can sit in your truck and have a snooze while waiting for them to call you to collect the paperwork. I don’t understand anyone who would prefer to sit in a Tesco’s drivers waiting room for 5 hours waiting to be tipped, it’s an electric pallet truck so it’s not exactly hard work.

Franglais:
80x120cm euro-plts. Trailer about 13m long. 2(?) lanes in warehouse each takes 17plts plus gaps, so each is 17x1.5= 27m long. 7(?)m from rear of trl to lanes.
Plt from rear of trl goes 47m to far end of lanes. Plt from front of trl goes 24m to nearest end of lanes.
So average of 35-ish m per plt. About 100m for 3plts or 1,000m for 30plts. > 1.3km per load…but…same distance with empty plt truck, so double it up.

Twonalf, or I reckon nearer three km per trailer because the plt truck takes a meter or two to turnaround twice every trip. If you need to spin the plts to arrange them even more, over 3km?
And that is just tipping, the walk from truck park to offices, bay to pedestrian entrance, looking for checkers CMRs etc all extras.

Certainly felt like it :wink:

Stanley Mitchell:

Franglais:

Certainly felt like it :wink:

Id agree there! :smiley: Step out a bit (if the plt truck isnt knackered) and it is good low stress exercise.
Bone conducting head set recommended, listen to whatever you like, but still pick up all ambient sounds for safety.

Yes, your figures ring a bell Franglais,but the big question is how did Rob get past the border guards to get as far north as Darlo? If I’d known he was up here I’d have let him buy me a tea from the snackbar on Faverdale-throughly recommend it.