Is it worth doing my adr

dieseldave:

dinosteveus1:
Not many 'immigrants have ADR in my experience.

Hi Steve,

I’d say that quite a number of immigrants have an ADR, cos I’ve had to check their ADR certificates when they come on an ADR refresher course.

Then there are a number of immigrants I’ve trained as ‘initial’ ADR candidates too.

TBF though, my ‘experience’ is different to yours, so that might explain it.

Hi Dave,
Yea, I understand, I based my experience on my area, maybe I shouldn’t have said owt.
Would you say more UK drivers have their ADR than Foreigners?

On a refresher course do you have to do Exams/Tests. I had to sit at a computer for what seemed like hours. That was about 3 years ago though.

And as a further to the hiab…make sure it’s cpcs/cscs (or whatever it is now,been a while) as that is what the sites will ask for.
When I was on the hiabs it was done to rtitb spec and a lot of sites didn’t recognize it.

Just spoken to my hiab trainers, although they a Allmi approved they are not registered as far as the DCPC goes so mine doesn’t count towards it…blooming minefield!!

ShropsBri:
And as a further to the hiab…make sure it’s cpcs/cscs (or whatever it is now,been a while) as that is what the sites will ask for.
When I was on the hiabs it was done to rtitb spec and a lot of sites didn’t recognize it.

Most sites seem more interested in the CSCS (site safety) card than the Hiab.

dinosteveus1:

dieseldave:

dinosteveus1:
Not many 'immigrants have ADR in my experience.

Hi Steve,

I’d say that quite a number of immigrants have an ADR, cos I’ve had to check their ADR certificates when they come on an ADR refresher course.

Then there are a number of immigrants I’ve trained as ‘initial’ ADR candidates too.

TBF though, my ‘experience’ is different to yours, so that might explain it.

Hi Dave,
Yea, I understand, I based my experience on my area, maybe I shouldn’t have said owt.
Would you say more UK drivers have their ADR than Foreigners?

On a refresher course do you have to do Exams/Tests. I had to sit at a computer for what seemed like hours. That was about 3 years ago though.

Hi Steve,

I based my comments on my own experience, which doesn’t really include your part of the country, so I wasn’t actually disputing what you’ve said.
The nearest place to you that I’ve given ADR training is Bury-St-Edmunds, (a few times) and there weren’t any immigrants on any of those courses.

Yes, the tests/exams are exactly the same for an initial ADR course as they are for a refresher course.

dieseldave:
Hi Steve,

I based my comments on my own experience, which doesn’t really include your part of the country, so I wasn’t actually disputing what you’ve said.
The nearest place to you that I’ve given ADR training is Bury-St-Edmunds, (a few times) and there weren’t any immigrants on any of those courses.

Yes, the tests/exams are exactly the same for an initial ADR course as they are for a refresher course.

Sorry Dave, I wasn’t having a go at you.
Can you get the ADR Course on DVD?

dinosteveus1:
Can you get the ADR Course on DVD?

Hi Steve,

The short answer is sorry mate, 'fraid not.
The reason for this is that all ADR courses are copyrighted to the author, so both the authors and SQA take this very seriously.

I’ve seen “revision notes” on CDs doing the rounds, but they’re far too in-depth and very out-of-date rip-offs, so I’d advise everybody against doing any kind of research themselves. A proper ADR course is monitored so that the info given includes answers to all possible exam questions, so I’d say it’s best, simplest and cheapest to just attend the course, take in the info and sit the exams.

Anything else is too much like unnecessary hard work. :wink: