Is it worth doing my adr

Hi guys whats your thinking on adr, is it worth it for agencey shifts twice a week or maybe hiab. The reasson i ask is i want to plan for my cpc and you get 21 hours with adr so two birds one stone

Can’t hurt to have your ADR as it gives you more of a company/job choice who deliver different types of materials.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

You have to make sure that the course provider has had his ADR or HI-AB course passed by JAUPT. If not then you wont get the training time to count for your DCPC.I fancy having another go at C+E for the DCPC but most trainers havent got JAUPT accreditation for this.

But you can do driving SAFED for part of your CPC but depends where you are & who has this there is at least 1 provider in my area that does

As for ADR only you can really answer that depends where you live & is there much call for ADR work in your area as not alway easy to get

The adr is ok for the 21 hours. Its through ritches in glasgow. How hard is it to get adr type work ie tankers, gases. Is it difficult like get that class 1 exp lol

If u are inexperienced nobody let u drive with tank full of chemicals/oil/gas. But it is always looks better on your CV (versatility blah blah blah…). Personally I wanna gain some exp first then do courses like ADR, hiab, moffet, crane, etc.

Tankes "Dead man shoes " not that many take on new drivers & most dont leave so yep hard to get on but you might get lucky

The rest not sure about but you could get a job delivering the gas bottles or gas oil to farms etc if any in your area

Sorry i ment ive got exp on artics now, just it was hard to get. What i mean is do you get the two year rule with using your adr

nearly there:
Sorry i ment ive got exp on artics now, just it was hard to get. What i mean is do you get the two year rule with using your adr

Nope if you have ADR as soon as ticket comes form DVLA you can start to use it if you can find a job but remember you have to re new (refresher course ) your ADR every 5 years although can be done approx.6mth before expires

I see monarch are looking for tanker drivers at glasgow airport, might be worth getting it

whats the difference in pay from non adr work to general haulge . on agency .yes it will give your agency a better chance of placing you somwhere but the rate of pay should be more as you have piad for your own adr licence .so how long will it take you to recoup that initail layout the choice is yours
i have had mine a long time now refresh every 5 years which you pay for so its got to pay for itself .unless you get a good employer to pay for it

nearly there:
Hi guys whats your thinking on adr, is it worth it for agencey shifts twice a week or maybe hiab. The reasson i ask is i want to plan for my cpc and you get 21 hours with adr so two birds one stone

Not if you on a tesco contract

Lovlyperson:

nearly there:

No iam not on the tesco contract bud,

nearly there:

Lovlyperson:

nearly there:

No iam not on the tesco contract bud,

Maybe not but what happens if you end up on something like that :question: then you will have payed a lot of money out & not re coupe any of it back

So more you learn so more you know.
Good getting some Jobs with such License,but Agency needs having Injurence for that otherwise no Contract.
But you could find other Work.
More Knowledge also gives you more Headache,and you run more easy out of Excuse if you shall do any illegal :slight_smile:
You can put it from Tax,and you can go from there and do more Courses to end up as Trainer,which musstnt be bad.
But,as you ask here what to do i think you are not loaded with enough Energy to go the Way to the End which may end up in Waste of time and Money.
Its you who has to know what to do

The tankers course is separate to the ADR course it’s a bolt on type thing. I don’t believe there are many places who have the accreditation to add that as another 7 hours for your DCPC, however aslong as they have JAUPT accreditation you can get 21 hours as stated above.

Personally, I did my ADR paid for it myself even though the company do put some people through the course, it’s been great for me, managed to get me onto trunking work which is what I wanted, and has also been an added bonus (with the fact I went out of my way to put myself through it and add value to myself off my own back) whilst I’ve been going through the process of changing jobs within the company

nearly there:
The adr is ok for the 21 hours. Its through ritches in glasgow. How hard is it to get adr type work ie tankers, gases. Is it difficult like get that class 1 exp lol

Well worth doing here in Glasgow means you could get a job with Carntyne transport or McPheresons doing the whisky. Also container firms and pallet firms looking for adr as well.

Do your adr with ritchies and you only need 7hrs more to get dcpc.

pavaroti:

nearly there:

Well worth doing here in Glasgow means you could get a job with Carntyne transport or McPheresons doing the whisky. Also container firms and pallet firms looking for adr as well.

Although be aware you’ll be maxing-out on your hours if you’re thinking of going down this route.

“is it worth doing my ADR”

Yes it would be.

Any job you end up getting where you need an ADR, will give you all the relevant training.
The company employing you will want you to do the job properly and safely. The only way to ensure this is to train you.

Go for it.

pavaroti:

nearly there:

That with the Whisky,…That you shall not have told us