Is it worth doing my adr

I paid for ADR myself and got 21 hours DCPC. This made it easier to get the other 14 hours, hence I now have ADR and DCPC. As for Agency work, ummmm spose it does help. I have been offered jobs that I know other drivers can’t do cos they ain’t got ADR.
All helps to keep you in work, as long as there is work. The more work you do, the more you will be offered, if that makes sense.

Lovlyperson:
That with the Whisky,…That you shall not have told us

Bloody hell, wtf are you saying? Life’s hard enough without trying to translate your posts, gonna add you to my foes list, one problem solved, soz.

Its decided ill do my adr. Thanks guys

nearly there:
Its decided ill do my adr. Thanks guys

Nice one, good luck.

Good to see Garner lives back have missed the avatar during your absence.

dinosteveus1:

Lovlyperson:

Bloody hell, wtf are you saying? Life’s hard enough without trying to translate your posts, gonna add you to my foes list, one problem solved, soz.

Well that maybe the case but have you thought that this person 1st language is not English dont think it is even 2nd might be his 3rd language

But you could try posting on a site that is maybe your 3rd language that is if you have a 3rd & see how you get on

animal:

dinosteveus1:

Lovlyperson:

Well that maybe the case but have you thought that this person 1st language is not English dont think it is even 2nd might be his 3rd language

But you could try posting on a site that is maybe your 3rd language that is if you have a 3rd & see how you get on

I don’t give a toss how many languages it speaks, I don’t understand most of its posts, so, I don’t see them anymore.
I don’t post on German sites because I cannot write in German clearly.

Anyways, I’m not getting into a discussion with you and going off topic, you spend 5 minutes trying to decipher this persons posts, I have better things to do.
Nothing to see here, move along.

dinosteveus1:

Lovlyperson:

good idea steve, just done it myself. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

my experiance off adr and the agency is yes they want it but wont pay any extra for it. i burnt mine in a pub ashtry and never regretted it.

jessicas dad:

dinosteveus1:

Lovlyperson:

my experiance off adr and the agency is yes they want it but wont pay any extra for it. i burnt mine in a pub ashtry and never regretted it.

Good, so it’s not just me, phew.

As for ADR, I think it’s a good investment, over 5 years you should be able to recoup that. Quite a few containers are hazardous, makes you a bit more indispensable. Not many 'immigrants have ADR in my experience.

Did not think that hiab counted towards cpc?

john-sussex:
Did not think that hiab counted towards cpc?

I was told it could. It’s training.

My ADR runs out this year, going to let it lapse and then do the whole course again due to the DCPC, the company I am doing it through gives you 28hrs for the actual ADR course and also throws in another 7 hr course for free so ADR and DCPC sorted, rinse and repeat every 5 years and the jobs a good un. :smiley:

More digging needed then…our instructor didn’t think hiab counted as adr did. will dig some more then…

Might get agency work at one of the ports. System training at Bury St Edmonds run the combined ADR/Dvr CPC courses I think

scottie0011:
My ADR runs out this year, going to let it lapse and then do the whole course again due to the DCPC, the company I am doing it through gives you 28hrs for the actual ADR course and also throws in another 7 hr course for free so ADR and DCPC sorted, rinse and repeat every 5 years and the jobs a good un. :smiley:

Hi scottie0011,

It is possible to keep yourself continuously licensed from an ADR point of view…

You can take your ADR refresher any time in the last year of its validity, but not within the last five weeks.
You can sit an initial ADR course as a refresher candidate and still get all those DCPC hours you mentioned.
If you take this option, just produce your current ADR certificate to the instructor at the start of the course to prove refresher entitlement, then the job’s a good 'un. :smiley:

:bulb: Just ask the instructor to put a cross in the correct ‘refresher’ box in the ‘official use’ part at the bottom of the ADR course joining form. :wink:

john-sussex:
More digging needed then…our instructor didn’t think hiab counted as adr did. will dig some more then…

IIRC doing a HIAB course from scratch will get you 2 x 7hr modules towards the DCPC if the course provider is an accredited trainer, and you pay the additional upload fees. As for HIAB refresher training no doubt some else will tell you how many hours you can accrue

dinosteveus1:

jessicas dad:

dinosteveus1:

Lovlyperson:

Good, so it’s not just me, phew.

As for ADR, I think it’s a good investment, over 5 years you should be able to recoup that. Quite a few containers are hazardous, makes you a bit more indispensable. Not many 'immigrants have ADR in my experience.

Lol, we have 5 trucks in Manchester, only ADR driver out of 5 of us is a Polish driver, other 4 are English and no ADR.

I hear some ■■■■ on here :unamused:

peirre:

john-sussex:

IIRC doing a HIAB course from scratch will get you 2 x 7hr modules towards the DCPC if the course provider is an accredited trainer, and you pay the additional upload fees. As for HIAB refresher training no doubt some else will tell you how many hours you can accrue

(HIAB instructors hat on ) As long as the course is registered with the DCPC mob the refresher would counts as 7 hours (HIAB instructors hat off )

im just waiting to hear if the training manager at our place has registered me with JAUPT yet so they lads at our place ho will be doing their refreshers can get the 7 hours for it

dinosteveus1:
Not many 'immigrants have ADR in my experience.

Hi Steve,

I’d say that quite a number of immigrants have an ADR, cos I’ve had to check their ADR certificates when they come on an ADR refresher course.

Then there are a number of immigrants I’ve trained as ‘initial’ ADR candidates too.

TBF though, my ‘experience’ is different to yours, so that might explain it.

waynedl:
Lol, we have 5 trucks in Manchester, only ADR driver out of 5 of us is a Polish driver, other 4 are English and no ADR.

I hear some [zb] on here :unamused:

Doh, I have no experience of Drivers in YOUR area, in and around Ipswich was where I based ‘my experience’. My comment still stands, nob.