Is it that hard to follow guidelines

Watching the news there seems to be plenty of people going about there business as if nothing is going to happen
Give it another week and these people will be the carrier and i wonder then will they take head
You only have to look at Italy to see how bad it can get
Looking like the army will have to be brought in to get them off the streets
■■■■■■■■

The village idiot made it number 10 on a raft of lies so why would anyone believe or do what he says anyway?

We have had no guidelines just a bunch of mixed messages.

Need a statesman at these times, not a bloke who looks so far out of his depth I nearly feel sorry for him.

@ Darkside

Look on the bright side, if Theresa May was still prime minister her only solution to Covid-19 would be to put the Chequers agreement before parliament again :smiley:

See I hear all this negativity about Boris and for me his messages have been crystal clear. Stay 6 feet away, don’t see your Mum on Mother’s day and stay the ■■■■ indoors. He’s advised by scientists, Professor Chris Whitty for one who gives out plenty of information and he has been for weeks. So I get confused when people complain about mixed messages and lack of clarity. Listen to the experts and stay indoors as you’ve told to do. Or did no one tell you that one?

Darkside:
The village idiot made it number 10 on a raft of lies so why would anyone believe or do what he says anyway?

Because in the daily briefings to the left and right of him are experts who are running the departments giving the government the advice and stating exactly what he says.

You what? The government have released plenty of guidelines and repeated them consistently at every opportunity, the news sites have plastered them all over. You literally have to have been living on an island completely cut off from the rest of humanity not to have seen it. Even when you go on Youtube, do any searches on Google, Bing etc about coronavirus you’re greeted with a popup asking if you want info from the NHS, same for Facebook, and the government and NHS advice pages on them are the first two hits.

There’s only one village idiot I can see and it’s the one that I’ve replied to.

mick.mh2racing:
He’s advised by scientists, Professor Chris Whitty for one who gives out plenty of information and he has been for weeks. So I get confused when people complain about mixed messages and lack of clarity. Listen to the experts and stay indoors as you’ve told to do. Or did no one tell you that one?

How■■? At first the ‘scientists’ declared a ‘herd immunity’ strategy (which is what the Netherlands is doing) while isolating the vulnerable (with community support, obviously) but then a few days later same scientists adviced him to ‘Close the stores! Close the businesses! Everyone run for your lives and stay home or we’re all gonna die!!’

I love this 2 meter rule. never had people stand so close to me before :slight_smile:

edd1974:
I love this 2 meter rule. never had people stand so close to me before :slight_smile:

I dont as it’s making it hard to ■■■■■ people :frowning:

The scientists give facts (So far as they’re known), possible future events, and possible choices.
It is still the politicians that decide on which course of action to take. Not the experts.
Once the choice is made (we don’t hear all the advice given) a united front is shown.
A medical officer may well advise that every single person be isolated for a month. A treasury official may point to the cost of this!
It is always a political decision.
Mixed messages is Johnson saying earlier we shouldn’t go out, but not closing pubs until later. It is him saying isolate, then saying it’s important to get out in the fresh air. It’s him waffling along last week about the number of tests (wrong by a factor of ten) and spouting off nonsense about defeating the virus in 12 weeks or summat similar.
He hasn’t a clue.

Bigtruck3:
i wonder then will they take head

I’ll take head. As much head as it takes to get through this crisis.

You’re welcome.

Watching the supermarket shopper in front of me…spend 7-8 minutes casually bagging her groceries all the while chatting to the poor cashier about WHAT PRECAUTIONS SHE’S TAKING against ‘the coronavirus’, proudly telling him how she didn’t take her kids to the park this Sunday etc. etc. her friend working for the NHS who told her this and that and on and on…like how can people be so stupid…not more than a metre between their faces, too. ■■■■■, get your ■■■■ and move teh ■■■■ on. Oh and she tried to sneak more than 3 items of a kind but he called her out on it, lol…the times we live in

ETS:

mick.mh2racing:
He’s advised by scientists, Professor Chris Whitty for one who gives out plenty of information and he has been for weeks. So I get confused when people complain about mixed messages and lack of clarity. Listen to the experts and stay indoors as you’ve told to do. Or did no one tell you that one?

How■■? At first the ‘scientists’ declared a ‘herd immunity’ strategy (which is what the Netherlands is doing) while isolating the vulnerable (with community support, obviously) but then a few days later same scientists adviced him to ‘Close the stores! Close the businesses! Everyone run for your lives and stay home or we’re all gonna die!!’

Because every ■■■■ ■■■■ and Wally ran in the stores and kicked ■■■■ out of them.

And once they had all that food and beer they ■■■■■■ off to Whitby for fish & chips on Sunday and got hammered in their local on Friday.

And then they return daily to the shops to see if there is anything they can have but have to debate if they have room for it.

We would be absolutely ■■■■■■ if WW3 broke out

Conor:

Darkside:

Because in the daily briefings to the left and right of him are experts who are running the departments giving the government the advice and stating exactly what he says.

You what? The government have released plenty of guidelines and repeated them consistently at every opportunity, the news sites have plastered them all over. You literally have to have been living on an island completely cut off from the rest of humanity not to have seen it. Even when you go on Youtube, do any searches on Google, Bing etc about coronavirus you’re greeted with a popup asking if you want info from the NHS, same for Facebook, and the government and NHS advice pages on them are the first two hits.

There’s only one village idiot I can see and it’s the one that I’ve replied to.

+1

So if its clear why did so many people go out this weekend?

Why are there so many threads asking questions about self isolation, essential businesses etc?

This lockdown should have been done a month ago, when he was saying he was proudly shaking hands with Coronavirus carriers. Jeez you need to open your eyes folks.

tachograph:
@ Darkside

Look on the bright side, if Theresa May was still prime minister her only solution to Covid-19 would be to put the Chequers agreement before parliament again :smiley:

At least three times!! :smiley:

All the negatives on TNUK about Boris and the Government can it be assumed they are Labour supporters Huff Post Guardian Mirror or Independent readers or they just like to be stroppy in whatever the do

lolipop:
All the negatives on TNUK about Boris and the Government can it be assumed they are Labour supporters Huff Post Guardian Mirror or Independent readers or they just like to be stroppy in whatever the do

People who might read news sites that actually employ reporters and have editors to verify stories?
People who get stroppy that rumours and unchecked lies are believed more?
Possibly so.

People went out because the whole situation is such a shift to what their used to it doesn’t sink in… i.e. get some fresh air we will be ok, go to pub what can go wrong, hoard shop I’ll be alright Jack etc etc

There are of course those that need to be spoon fed multiple times and unless they hear exactly the same info they get confused and are unable to combine info and find best solution on their own.

In the end unless Covid touches them it’s all some body else’s problem.

Snowflake/entitled generation maybe but we can all have moments of selfishness.

Going to the hysterical extreme it’s simple:

“Go to near people and you, a loved one or someone else will die”

Franglais:

lolipop:

People who might read news sites that actually employ reporters and have editors to verify stories?
Possibly so.

indeed…

I would not vote Labour at gunpoint…

Darkside:

Franglais:

lolipop:

Possibly so.

indeed…

I would not vote Labour at gunpoint…

Even if your local Labour candidate had the gun? :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: