Is it me or are these rates the lowest you have seen

Well I have been going round the agency merry go round now for about 12 months after coming out of a 16 year job with same employer.

Over the last year I have been offered 1 or 2 jobs with the companies I have worked for but turned them down due to the fact that I enjoyed the flexibility.

Now after a very quiet period on the agys after xmas this year I said that if offered again I would probably take a job if it was decent. One of the good things about working for the agys is that you get know who the bad outfits are as well as the good ones…and in turn the companys get to see if you are any good.

Anyway last week The TM phones me up and asks would I be interested in joining full time. I say yes and we agree to talk rates later that day. It takes me three days to tie him down when eventually he tells me it is £6.10 per hour for class 1.

Now I know times are hard but that is scanadolous does anyone know of other firms that pay these kind of rates.

Needless to say still with the agy :wink:

It ranges between £5.85 to £7.89 per hour up here for max of 48 hour week but if you work more you still only get 48 hour week wages.

I think you have to bite the bullet. 350 000 immigrants in less than 2 years( & this is just the start…). They are fit & they are young. I think you have to face it , agencies will be few & far between & wages are not going to go up anytime soon. I saw this coming before Blairs law came into force & when I told other drivers they called me a racist. The goverment told UK to expect 5000 a year at the most. Thatcher engineered the same deal. She made about 3 million unemployed so that the bosses could pick & choose & replace cheap labour. The bosses used to tell you ." Drivers are ten a penny." I worked abroad just to get a decent wage. The best is over so get used to it… ( I hope I`m wrong ) Basically you have an enormous pool of willing bodies . That keeps the inflation figures down…& unemployment figures up…

I dont want to appear greedy , selfish or lazy but if its not at LEAST a minimum of £7 an hour and time and a half after 8 i wouldnt do the job.

jammymutt:
I dont want to appear greedy , selfish or lazy but if its not at LEAST a minimum of £7 an hour and time and a half after 8 i wouldnt do the job.

Greedy? I’d say you’re selling yourself well short Jammy ,that’s shelf stackers money :open_mouth:

My cousin (16 yrs old) gets more than that working in MacDonalds !!!.And he’s not even a professional. Im currently working for a agency and get £9 per 8hr shift class 2. I dont even work those 8 hrs but still get paid full day :laughing:

350 000 immigrants

Yeh right …and the rest more like 3.5 million!and more to come with the likes of Bulgarians and Romanians who want into the EU, wouldnt trust a bulgarian as far as I could throw one, so corrupt! On the news last night…

And to boot the government doesnt even know how many immigrants have come in!

Pawsons at Rotherham
are paying £6.90 p/hr for the 1st 48hrs for class 1 (PAYE)
overtime is paid after 48hrs at a very pitiful rate. (time & third??) :unamused:
even the agy rates on this site are only £7.50 p/hr, in comparison to the average of £8 - £9.50 elsewhere in the area (PAYE) for the1st 8hrs

peirre:
Pawsons at Rotherham
are paying £6.90 p/hr for the 1st 48hrs for class 1 (PAYE)
overtime is paid after 48hrs at a very pitiful rate. (time & third??) :unamused:
even the agy rates on this site are only £7.50 p/hr, in comparison to the average of £8 - £9.50 elsewhere in the area (PAYE) for the1st 8hrs

thats ok cos they all get to drive nice fancy new 06 reg xl’s :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I was offered work at Pawsons through an agency at £8 per hour and I was interested had already worked for them didn’t mind the work, though they seemd a bit annoyed when I wanted to go home after 14 hours. then I was told it was a three pm start which means I wouldn’t finish till three or four in the mornig. Which to me meams nights, so I turned it down.

Sorry meant to add it was a flat rate no overtime no night rate.

I Think it maybe time to get out of this Game :unamused: :unamused:

thecoder0:
I Think it maybe time to get out of this Game :unamused: :unamused:

NO NO you need to wait until the Romanians and Bulgarians come over to join us apparently life will be so much better and thet rates will go up or down so low like you have never thought possible…

routier:

350 000 immigrants

Yeh right …and the rest more like 3.5 million!and more to come with the likes of Bulgarians and Romanians who want into the EU, wouldnt trust a bulgarian as far as I could throw one, so corrupt! On the news last night…

And to boot the government doesnt even know how many immigrants have come in!

If the Government doesn’t know how many are here how come you do?

meatpaste. He is using the same format as the goverment; Just a wild guesse ,but I think routier will be closer to the truth… :slight_smile:

[quote=

If the Government doesn’t know how many are here how come you do?[/quote]

I go around all the ports and airports with one of those clickers you see train conductors using on the trains to count the people and I count them! :wink:

routier:
If the Government doesn’t know how many are here how come you do?

I go around all the ports and airports with one of those clickers you see train conductors using on the trains to count the people and I count them! :wink:
[/quote]

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I think weve got enough useless drivers over here as it is.
Just listen to the traffic reports everyday to here the ammount of truck accidents.
Its only going to get worse.

Tony b

mallinsons at cawthorne pay a massive £6.25 an hour and time and a turd after 8 andthey will only pay a fiver towards parking :cry:

which is why im giving up my nice shiny 55 plate daf (with built in fridge)
for an r reg foden roll on roll off with an eaton :open_mouth: but about £150 a week more :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

mezzzz1211:
mallinsons at cawthorne pay a massive £6.25 an hour and time and a turd after 8 andthey will only pay a fiver towards parking :cry:

which is why im giving up my nice shiny 55 plate daf (with built in fridge)
for an r reg foden roll on roll off with an eaton :open_mouth: but about £150 a week more :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

The above dosnt pay your bills though.You might be in an older motor but just think what you can do with the £150

Tony b