Is interest waning in this TN site? Just curious!

My comment might attract a load of abuse,but IMHO compared to when I started logging on,interest in this site definitely seems to be dropping off and I’m not accepting all the blame,some of it maybe but not all :laughing: :laughing: :blush: .Maybe a few of the members have “dropped off the perch” :cry: or maybe they have more interesting sites to visit ! :astonished: Carryfast and me might talk a load of “bollox” a lot of the time but I believe we both stimulate debate even though the response we get is a bigger load of “bollox” than what we were spouting :sunglasses: !! But it was just my thoughts as I log into the site nowadays :frowning: .if I get told to ■■■■ off and leave the site :cry: ,fair enough :smiley: :confused: ,but it should be put to a democratic vote first eh! :neutral_face: Why not let the Mods run the vote ■■ :wink: ,honest,I will abide by the result,promise :wink: !!Bewick.

Bewick:
My comment might attract a load of abuse,but IMHO compared to when I started logging on,interest in this site definitely seems to be dropping off and I’m not accepting all the blame,some of it maybe but not all :laughing: :laughing: :blush: .Maybe a few of the members have “dropped off the perch” :cry: or maybe they have more interesting sites to visit ! :astonished: Carryfast and me might talk a load of “bollox” a lot of the time but I believe we both stimulate debate even though the response we get is a bigger load of “bollox” than what we were spouting :sunglasses: !! But it was just my thoughts as I log into the site nowadays :frowning: .if I get told to [zb] off and leave the site :cry: ,fair enough :smiley: :confused: ,but it should be put to a democratic vote first eh! :neutral_face: Why not let the Mods run the vote ■■ :wink: ,honest,I will abide by the result,promise :wink: !!Bewick.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Don’t fret Dennis,a lot of t’lads are out searching for a 240 powered Big J.I don’t think this site has waned,still as good as ever.

anoniom

Chris Webb:

Bewick:
My comment might attract a load of abuse,but IMHO compared to when I started logging on,interest in this site definitely seems to be dropping off and I’m not accepting all the blame,some of it maybe but not all :laughing: :laughing: :blush: .Maybe a few of the members have “dropped off the perch” :cry: or maybe they have more interesting sites to visit ! :astonished: Carryfast and me might talk a load of “bollox” a lot of the time but I believe we both stimulate debate even though the response we get is a bigger load of “bollox” than what we were spouting :sunglasses: !! But it was just my thoughts as I log into the site nowadays :frowning: .if I get told to [zb] off and leave the site :cry: ,fair enough :smiley: :confused: ,but it should be put to a democratic vote first eh! :neutral_face: Why not let the Mods run the vote ■■ :wink: ,honest,I will abide by the result,promise :wink: !!Bewick.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Don’t fret Dennis,a lot of t’lads are out searching for a 240 powered Big J.I don’t think this site has waned,still as good as ever.

anoniom

Aye OK Mr. W. when you stagger out 'ot boozer at slinging 'art time there is probably a brand new 8LXB Big J stood on’t car park eh! Then next morning when you wander past t’ut paper shop there’s only a well worn Sheffield Albion Reiver parked up in’t corner eh! !! :blush: :blush: Anon 1.

Dennis.As it’s for old sods by old sods maybe we’re popping off with alarming regularity :cry:.Or we’re just forgetting what we done in the past. :unamused: Mike

hutpik:
Dennis.As it’s for old sods by old sods maybe we’re popping off with alarming regularity :cry:.Or we’re just forgetting what we done in the past. :unamused: Mike

You could be right there Mike ! :unamused: :blush: Dennis.

■■■■ it !Zzzzzzzzzzzzz! :wink:

Dennis you are here to stay IMO, Your knowledge & crack about the haulage game is second to none, I myself like thousands of other drivers in their late 70s All know what you are talking about so keep on coming with your crack Eh, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
Dennis you are here to stay IMO, Your knowledge & crack about the haulage game is second to none, I myself like thousands of other drivers in their late 70s All know what you are talking about so keep on coming with your crack Eh, Regards Larry.

Howay now Larry,I was just posing the question eh!,it just seems that the site was “dropping off a bit like”,I’ll still keep logging on if it’s just to keep the likes of ye and “H” alive and kicking eh! Theres nowt like a bit “crack” with the reet Marras is there? It’s just a pity some of the “visitors” to the site don’t log on and have a bit crack,but then I suppose they are still wet behind the ears and don’t understand what we were involved in years ago,All the best,Cheers Dennis.

I dont know myself, there seems to have been some posters disappear im sure the sites management monitor such things. I often post replies & get no responce so seldom bother that much nowadays. Its got to now have the best picture archive of any site for uk lorries both here & abroad I would say.

Anyway lets be seeing some more of your own pictures on here, you ran some smart tackle & seeing the pictures is a trip down memory lane.

Bewick some say that flat trailers are making a comeback big time which means that your roping and sheeting advice and skills are going to be in great demand soon.But luckily I can stay in retirement because it seems that tilts won’t be coming back though. :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

Here’s the culprit!^^^ :smiley:

Hello lads,D’ya know what…I was thinking the same as Dennis about how interest has seemed to have eased off lately,I must admit some days I cant be bothered to put anything on the scrapbook thread just because I cant put interesting stuff on it anymore…its become boring for me and I dare say boring for people looking in…compare recent clippings to the early stuff and you’ll see what I mean…classic pics then and crap stuff now…the threads ran its course.
I look in on my favorites and still enjoy reading good memories and sometime photos from company archives ,the recent thread of Hammonds has been enjoyable,another thing that springs to mind is posters who are frustrated that they cant put pictures on because its a little complicated so then we all miss out and probably they go away and never return.
I still will look in every day as I suppose its because I’m passionate about lorries from the past and although I’ve met only a few other t/netters face to face there are quite a few on here that have become pals with through the forum…it still compulsive to log in though.
Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

I haven’t been posting much lately as whenever I clicked REPLY I got logged out, however at the moment things seem to be functioning properly touch wood. I cannot really contribute much as I only did tipper work and still think of Myself as more of a fitter than a driver, but I do enjoy reading about the adventures you lads (lads?! :laughing: ) had running up and down the country and lodging out which is something I have never experienced. I have never roped and sheeted, wouldn’t have a clue how to tie a Dolly Knot as I never needed to, but I like the articles on the art from folk like Harry and Dennis. Like Dave (The Renegade) my proffesional driving career was cut short, due to my Wifes health, and I would go back to it tomorrow given the chance, so please keep posting Marc and others as I look in every day even though I may not allways login!

Pete.

bubbleman:
Hello lads,D’ya know what…I was thinking the same as Dennis about how interest has seemed to have eased off lately,I must admit some days I cant be bothered to put anything on the scrapbook thread just because I cant put interesting stuff on it anymore…its become boring for me and I dare say boring for people looking in…compare recent clippings to the early stuff and you’ll see what I mean…classic pics then and crap stuff now…the threads ran its course.
I look in on my favorites and still enjoy reading good memories and sometime photos from company archives ,the recent thread of Hammonds has been enjoyable,another thing that springs to mind is posters who are frustrated that they cant put pictures on because its a little complicated so then we all miss out and probably they go away and never return.
I still will look in every day as I suppose its because I’m passionate about lorries from the past and although I’ve met only a few other t/netters face to face there are quite a few on here that have become pals with through the forum…it still compulsive to log in though.

The publication of the Commercial Motor archives gives us a vast amount of fodder for discussion. The thing is, it is only a fraction of the knowledge that exists- the rest is in the heads of the people who post on this forum. We just need to look a bit harder for things to say. This, and other forums like it in foreign lands, are becoming an unprecedented record of the history, of what is essentially a minority interest subject. In years to come, the quality of historical books about the vehicle industry will be far superior, as a result. Keep at it, chaps.

bubbleman:

Hey Bubbs dont you ease off with the pics just yet, Im waiting for one of my old motors to turn up,should be soon!
I havent notice a drop off so to speak,but I havent been on as long as you lads.

There is probably a stat-counter that gives the ratio between postings and viewing for each part of the forum. The mods could give the facts on weekly basis. I think these things go in cycles. It may drop away for a while but could return. I know a lot of people object to being slagged-off for no good reason and refrain from posting even when they could contribute to a discussion. Others just move onto other things.

bubbleman:
I must admit some days I cant be bothered to put anything on the scrapbook thread just because I cant put interesting stuff on it anymore…its become boring for me and I dare say boring for people looking in…compare recent clippings to the early stuff and you’ll see what I mean…classic pics then and crap stuff now…the threads ran its course.

What you describe is kind of inevitable and the same goes on - and has gone on - at other sites I’m on. The really interesting stuff is in the first few pages (or dozen depending on what the subject is) because there’s so much material to post and discuss - after that it’s the law of diminishing returns - there’s much less new stuff to post so discussion drops, it takes more effort to find new material, so people look in less and so fewer bother. A lot of what seems to be “interest” is simply people wandering about looking for stimulus with least effort.

What this idle, fleeting interest ignores is that this place is chockfull of archived material - a lot of it fascinating, some of it arcane and nearly all of it educational - and it doesn’t hurt to revisit old threads and drag them up to the front page.

I think the mods could also tell a story by looking at new registrations - I also have a suspicion there are many more drivers out there who are either reaching retirement or at an age to reduce work hours, and could be encouraged to drop in here and chuck their ten penn’orth in.

FWIW, IMO etc

Bewick:
Theres nowt like a bit “crack” with the reet Marras is there? All the best,Cheers Dennis.

There’s a good bit of west ■■■■■■■■■■ dialect, do you hail from that glorious part of the world Dennis? As frae Scaryport mesen. :wink:

The site has had peeks and troughs for many years its just how it works i don’t think interest is waning maybe just entering quite spell

alix776:
The site has had peeks and troughs for many years its just how it works i don’t think interest is waning maybe just entering quite spell

Yes I think what people have said is correct,peaks and trough’s but there is plenty of interest throughout the forum.
I’ve not been on to long but some interesting subjects and old pic’s.,friendly banter no problem,hateful stuff
no interest.No keep it going fella’s,just surprised that noboby seems to be on from Fallings Park :wink:
Mike.