Is DCPC format changing?

This guy doing a DCPC course today said it’s changing where an instructor comes out for a full day, assesses you and gives a pass or a fail. No more 35hrs after September.
I’ve not heard this on here.Anyone heard owt?

More dcpc bull ■■■■.

cheekymonkey:
This guy doing a DCPC course today said…

You just know that something daft is coming … :wink: :laughing:

That’s not DCPC: might possibly be for an NVQ workplace assessment.

You can get DCPC training funded in an NVQ ‘wrapper’, but the assessment wouldn’t be part of it.

Like if you do ADR…the actual ADR test time doesn’t count as DCPC time because you are not being trained…you still get the ADR training time credited to your DCPC even if you fail the ADR.

The trainer must have run out of bull-■■■■■ to spread about the drivers hours and WTD regulations so came up with this nonsense :unamused:

Easy answer- NO

Please say it wasn’t the trainer itself coming out with that crap.

Good to see another positive DCPC thread on here.When will they either sort it or bin it.

He also informed us that we will be fined by VOSA for speeding beyond the set point of the truck. i.e. 57mph and by the filth do doing 60+.
I doubt this very much.
I’m also informed that to stop at the end of a shift and just go home is illegal. One must stop and show 15 minutes. I can understand the desirability of this, to show you’ve done some admin ect, but surely I can do it in the morning if I’d rather.
He was a really nice fella but I 've never been so bored. 7hrs of scaremongering. If I find he’s right then I will step up my efforts to pack this crazy lark in.

cheekymonkey:
He also informed us that we will be fined by VOSA for speeding beyond the set point of the truck. i.e. 57mph and by the filth do doing 60+.
I doubt this very much.
I’m also informed that to stop at the end of a shift and just go home is illegal. One must stop and show 15 minutes. I can understand the desirability of this, to show you’ve done some admin ect, but surely I can do it in the morning if I’d rather.
He was a really nice fella but I 've never been so bored. 7hrs of scaremongering. If I find he’s right then I will step up my efforts to pack this crazy lark in.

hilarious :laughing: Truckers doing ADMIN! :sunglasses: next you’ll be washing the dishes, once you’ve done a fifteen and commuted seven hours home for two hours rest :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: DCPC BS :wink:

I run an approved training centre and know nowt about these changes.

It is completely unbelievable ■■■■■■■■ from yet another clown that needs reporting to JAUPT

cheekymonkey:
Is DCPC format changing?

YES. Rumour has it they’re going to start teaching drivers the ACTUAL regulations instead of ones their mate told them in an RDC waiting room.

well its just so annoying that I’ve had to waste a full day listening to this fella when you just cant believe a word be says. I have a daughter who’s 13 who could do his job. All he did was show slides with bullet points and read them out to us. maybe it’s assumed we’re all illiterate. When he did leave the script he was just wrong in just about everything he said.
There’s no way I’m doing this again.

cheekymonkey:
This guy doing a DCPC course today said it’s changing where an instructor comes out for a full day, assesses you and gives a pass or a fail. No more 35hrs after September.

Something like that wouldn’t happen for a very simple reason, not everyone with a hgv or psv actually drives for a living… Some of us are just doing this dcpc rubbish so we don’t lose our vocational license entitlements.

LIBERTY_GUY:

cheekymonkey:

Something like that wouldn’t happen for a very simple reason, not everyone with a hgv or psv actually drives for a living… Some of us are just doing this dcpc rubbish so we don’t lose our vocational license entitlements.

How will you lose your entitlement to drive, you already have that. The dcpc is to allow you to use it to earn money. You will still be able to drive vehicles for non commercial purposes.

When I did my CPC years ago the instructor couldn’t answer questions relating to it. They just read from their notes and hope no one has any queries, if they do, then they just bluff their way through it. Hence many of the stories on here.

Terry T:

cheekymonkey:
Is DCPC format changing?

YES. Rumour has it they’re going to start teaching drivers the ACTUAL regulations instead of ones their mate told them in an RDC waiting room.

But they’ll charge more if they have to actually know the subject they’re talking about :open_mouth:

Like some jobs, DCPC is just having your time wasted - except you pay them, rather than them pay you for the duration.

Jury Service also has a lot of bull rumours going around about it. Self Employed people hate it with a passion, because they think they cannot claim for the amount of time they lose (and therefore don’t do their regular job, and get paid!) but like an MP, you can claim all kinds and any kind of out of pocket expenses… But no. These one-man-band folk insist on trying to “excuse themselves” and end up getting a heavy fine…

When I got called for Jury service, I put in a claim for all the wages and overtime I’d be losing, and they said “Fine - Just give us a letter from someone telling us exactly how much out of pocket you’ll be, and we’ll pay that.” I got £262 x 2 for the two weeks I couldn’t work nights, do overtime, get a shift allowance, driving money, or take a holiday.
Great thing was - That money is paid tax free, whereas those lost earnings would have been deducted… Therefore I’m effectively being paid MORE than usual for doing a “couple of weeks on days in a courtroom”. Fill your boots folks - don’t try and duck out of it! :sunglasses: I would have thought that someone self-employed could get a letter from one of their regular clients, that might even have some extra losses on it (to claim for) that don’t even apply to PAYE bods like me… :sunglasses:

Just more crap from a waste of time course drivers need to do their jobs. In this case it’s obviously BS but what about the other stuff this gimp will be putting out to those less well informed? I’m guessing that after sept the default answer to any question to those found to be committing an offence will be " but my DCPC instructor told me it was ok". Good luck y’all.

I heard a belter last year! :laughing: DCPC stobrats widnes! :laughing: tony said " you’ll have to start strapping everything down with ratchets :smiley: in a tautliner! :wink: as VOSA will find you £100 :unamused: £60 a turn on the winding leg! :open_mouth: and 15 min vehicle check showing cross hammers! :grimacing: :grimacing: "

I don’t go on what the dcpc instructor says, or what I heard in an RDC waiting room…

Talk to VOSA when they give you a random spot check pull - I asked a whole bunch of questions, and even got some answers pertaining to “who they were closely looking at this month” and the like. Useful information I’d call that.
I was pulling a nagel trailer when I was pulled at Fleet services sb. Have kept my clean bill of health 'cos I don’t think there’s many of them about y’see. :sunglasses: :grimacing:
They were checking decking, floors, escaping fumes, jagged bits of trailer body - not just the wheeled bit in contact with the road if you like. :open_mouth:

If you’re worried about what’s against the rules and what’s not - talk to the actual people that are looking to bust you for infringements of those rules. :wink: