Irish wagons on M4 Services

known as paddy betz over here.only a handful of irish lads left.russians only pull fridges.limiter issues nearly a thing of the past as they pay per day now.founder jimmy nolan was a traveller

ellies dad:
known as paddy betz over here.only a handful of irish lads left.russians only pull fridges.limiter issues nearly a thing of the past as they pay per day now.founder jimmy nolan was a traveller

‘Movin on’ is the logo. Catch up or be left standing is what it means i think.

Scanny77,

I suggest you brush up on your import laws, Paragraph 10 sub section 9 Customs Act :-

“it is not illegal to import sheep to Wales providing you can prove to inspecting officials that they are for entertainment purposes and for personal use only” :smiley: :smiley: :wink:

would that be a harem or a lesiure centre for the import doc’s though ■■?

Mike-C:

ellies dad:

‘Movin on’ is the logo. Catch up or be left standing is what it means i think.

What d’you expect with a ■■■■■ for a gaffer? Movin’ on to be one step in front of the law more like!

Must admit I see rather more of 'em than most of you 'cos I live next to the A40; recently they seem to have steadied down a lot but I think Dyfed-Powys police had a bit of a clampdown on them a couple of years ago so they’re a bit wary now.

Standard trucker’s gag round here though;

Q: How do you get a Scanny to do 70 mph?

A: Put Irish plates on it!

i know irish trucks have a rep speedin

look its this simple.we have no vosa a limited traffic branch and besides a speedin truck is small fry.

and besides a speedin truck is small fry.

Absolute garbage

A speeding truck is a lethal weapon

Just hope your not in front of one of your ‘fella’s’ when they get it wrong or have a blow out at 70 !

It’s about time something was done about Irish registered trucks taking the [zb] over here, but I get the impression some people on here that DEFEND there behaviour , think it’s clever.

I’ts not

Most out the factory trucks i seem to drive are doing 52-54mph, fast one in some fleets like Bibby are doing 56mph. Even tho the drivers are convinced its doing 60mph with a satnav its doing 56mph and the other ones are doing 52mph.

Most of the Irish trucks i see that are “speeding” are doing 60mph, there is a truck at one big company in central scotland, part of a large fleet of Daf’s which something is up with it and it does 65mph on the SatNav while the speedo reads 55mph. it goes flying by most of the NI and RoI trucks i see on the road.

The speed difference of 52-54mph seems greater when someone passes at 60mph. Even at 52mph and 56mph you pass quite quickly and people think you are doing 60mph.

Ive only seen a few trucks on the road doing 70mph type speeds typically on a Friday night, and lets face it unless the truck has been heavilly modded, who can afford the diesel to be doing that kinda speed with a truck thats been set up to sit at 56mph. The benifits of doing that kinda speed are outweight with the actual running costs.

I aint saying its right for certain drivers to get away with it, but don’t see how its automatically dangerous since it was the law before speed limiters and i am sure a lot of people did a lot faster than 60mph back in the day.

Same with the fact you get a wide open dual carriageway with few junctions like the A71 Kilmarnock Bypass and suddenly its now a 50mph, even tho before it had no central crash barriers yet was 70mph. But now with crash barriers its now dangerous to do 70mph

ellies dad:
look its this simple.we have no vosa a limited traffic branch and besides a speedin truck is small fry.

In very general terms you are correct. However anyone who has driven the road to /from Stranrarer will know exactly what they are like. And before anyone says it, it was before we had EU drivers driving them. Complete lunatics most of them. I said it before, i braked when one was on my back doors on the M6, the guy nearly went through the central reservation. More should do it to them.

While we’re on about irish trucking firms,can anyone tell me if Iggy Madden are still in business.

Mike-C:
However anyone who has driven the road to /from Stranrarer will know exactly what they are like. And before anyone says it, it was before we had EU drivers driving them. Complete lunatics most of them.

:laughing:

Can save more than an hour by doin it, anyway 40’s far too slow even for a dodgy road like that.

gardun:
We have regular early morning drops from Nolans, and this morning I actually met the driver*. He was Welsh!!
/quote]

…did you lend him your sheep!!!

Yep, Iggy Madden are stil going, I passed two of his yesterday on the M6 in Brum

ah enough rules guess all uk trucks dont cross 80ks hypocrit.iggy madden still goin mostly internal containers and abroad for red mills

Mike-C:
Complete lunatics most of them. I said it before, i braked when one was on my back doors on the M6, the guy nearly went through the central reservation. More should do it to them.

If you are serious, then you are a mug and you need your head testing Mike :imp: . As you are on the M6, why not just let him past? As you are so proud that he “nearly went through the central reservation”, perhaps you should try to explain that pride to the families of the traffic he smashes into when he goes through the barrier and kills innocent people coming the other way going about their business :imp: .

Nice one, fair play to you for ‘making your stand’, you should be a Policeman or something. :unamused: :unamused:

merlin:
The same 10 or so wagons I saw at Swansea were all now neatly parked here. Only moved 20 miles in 3 hours? Whats going on? Do they only have one map between them? And so they were they waiting for one to do a drop in Bridgend area?

Nope, they had all tipped in France and had reloaded and you saw them 3 hrs later :laughing: :laughing:

TNT Trucker:
What’s going on??
This is not a new thing… “Paddy’s” have always drove like muppets… I don’t like to generalise normally.

Forgive me all you respectable Irish Drivers?

They arent Irish are they, they are all Poles or Latvians or Slovaks or Lithuanians or Romanians or Czech but the certainly not Irish and its only those who come from the North who tend to drive mad…Pull yer Mirrors in …heres Reids doing next years service now

hammer:

Mike-C:
Complete lunatics most of them. I said it before, i braked when one was on my back doors on the M6, the guy nearly went through the central reservation. More should do it to them.

If you are serious, then you are a mug and you need your head testing Mike :imp: . As you are on the M6, why not just let him past? As you are so proud that he “nearly went through the central reservation”, perhaps you should try to explain that pride to the families of the traffic he smashes into when he goes through the barrier and kills innocent people coming the other way going about their business :imp: .

Nice one, fair play to you for ‘making your stand’, you should be a Policeman or something. :unamused: :unamused:

I posted it at the time. It was about midnight, i was exiting (taking the slip lane) from the M6 to the M6 just where the seperation for the southbound toll occurs. I was going faster than the rigid in front of me and i waited behind him. We where then in the one lane where it singles out, approaching at a rate of knots was a Barline Transport truck. He never held back at all and landed himself promptly on my back doors , ‘twitching’ out to the offside to see whats in front of me, not like he never knew anyway as there was only the three of us on the road (well, in view anyway). As the road opened up into two lanes the rigid moved over to the left and Barline Transport drew closer up my arse, at a guess i’d say he was less than two feet away from me and i was flat out at 56mph passing the rigid with ease, i had held no one up. I touched my brake as i wasn’t comfortable being pushed like that by him , he was too close and ■■■■ himself. he shot to the outside lane and leant on his airhorn and if he would of hit the central reservation or gone through it then he would of had a steep climb as it is the part where the motorway elevates (in the same direction as we where going). If that rigid had had a problem and i really had to stop, my thoughts where not for some ficticious people on the other side of the carriageway, they where with me, because if i did have to stop he would of shunted me right into it. Get things into perspective and let people take responsability for their own actions. All i done was to flash a brake light. All he did was to speed, try to bully another driver and found out he couldn’t stop.
I have my Jim Carey head on tonight (in Liar Liar) where i just can’t stop telling the truth! If he would of hit the reservation and buried himself in the embankment i would of not hit a brake nor lifted the phone out the cradle to call anyone. Hows that?

routier:

TNT Trucker:
What’s going on??
This is not a new thing… “Paddy’s” have always drove like muppets… I don’t like to generalise normally.

Forgive me all you respectable Irish Drivers?

They arent Irish are they, they are all Poles or Latvians or Slovaks or Lithuanians or Romanians or Czech but the certainly not Irish and its only those who come from the North who tend to drive mad…Pull yer Mirrors in …heres Reids doing next years service now

Routier i live in Liverpool and come from here, i have also lived in Ireland. I have also worked the ferries. Who do you think you are kidding?

gsm31:
While we’re on about irish trucking firms,can anyone tell me if Iggy Madden are still in business.

Yeah Iggy Madden’s still goin strong. Don’t know much about what work they’re at. See them quite often over here in Ireland think they stil do overseas work though.